IGNORED

Defense of the Post Trib Rapture

George

Guest dustycanvas

Also, know that "time, times and half a time" literally means, One year, two years, and half a year....add those together and you have Three and a half years. :rofl:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

About the 1,000 year reign of Christ, see Revelation 20

Yes, the "you will not know the day or the hour" can also be applied to our physical deaths on earth. Because, look at it this way...if you die tomorrow in a car wreck you will be "pre Trib" because you died before the tribulation took place...lol

:oww:

:oww: :oww: :oww: :rofl: LOL...

so what about Peter's words ... 8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8 . . . what IF the 'tribulation' really was 15,000 years, for afterall, it is FACT that God's timing is not ours, according to the Holy Word of God. :oww:

Also, know that "time, times and half a time" literally means, One year, two years, and half a year....add those together and you have Three and a half years. :rofl:

math 101, but you're still ignoring Peter's claim (unless Peter really didn't mean it) that LITERAL TIME stated in the bible is not necessarily God's timing...

is Christ reigning on earth NOW?

32 The hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, every man to his home, and will leave me alone; yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:31-33

I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. 1 John 2:13

Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Who is it that overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

I see that Christ HAS OVERCOME the world with his death and resurrection, and is reigning now! When He comes again, it will be at the END of the WORLD where He separates the sheep and the goats.... :rofl:

Guest dustycanvas

You are right to say that. GOd's timing is different than ours! The way you find out how he is counting his time is look for context clues. Because in the old testament, he refers to one day being as a thousand years and vice/versa. But, in the New Testament you find that he refers to time in a different way because time is not being described as the God who has not been flesh on earth but, now through the eyes of one who has been flesh. ALso, alot of the new testament is written by men...they are telling there accounts of Jesus Christ. (with the exception of prophesies) --which we are discussing. For instance, the 70th week of Daniel. This is not a literal week...this is the final 7 years. Although, the preterist will tell you otherwise. We know this because in Daniel 9 it says,

Daniel 9

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 12

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 12

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

ok, thanks for that...but why did Peter tell the NT believers this IF time was LITERAL after Christ's death/resurrection? He was teaching that to Christians, right? So why would we ignore this...there's got to be something more to it.

For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. James 4:14 . . . this doesn't seem like a literal notation of time ... our lives are like a mist that appears for a little time...to me, 90 years on earth is a very long time~! (though I'm only 42 at this point)... :rofl:

Guest dustycanvas

No, God is not reigning now. This is the end times...the times leading up to the return of God. The end of the gentile dispensation.

Okay, can the congregation turn with me to Revelation chapter 19? lol

Notice with me...that this is AFTER all the Seals, trumpets, and Vials. (point number 1)

Point number 2, Notice with me....that revelation 19:21 speaks of the end of the battle of Armageddon.

Point number 3, and this being an important point...That chapter 20 begins where 19 left off.

**Now, the book of Revelation is not chronological when dealing with the Seals, Trumpets and Vials but after those are done the book sums it all up in the last few chapters. There is an "order" to Revelation but, it is not 1,2,3,4,5,6....etc.

Here is a good short article written on that...

Was the book of Revelation written in chronological order?

No. There is an order to Revelation, but it

Guest dustycanvas

Well, i did'nt mean to imply that everything in the New Testament is literal, in regards to time. I just meant that it would be a tad different because of the circumstances.

Ok, let's look at what Peter was saying to that church. (This is a letter to a church) He is making a point by saying that "one day is as a thousand years, etc" He is reminding the church that God's timing is not like ours. He is telling them to not get impatient. He's encouraging them.

2 Peter 3

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.