• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

There is an old joke that makes a very good point

It seems there was a great hurricane and well known preacher was trapped on the top of his house in the resulting flood.  Now in only the way that a top rank preacher can say God in three syllables (Ga-aww- dah) He said a very well constructed prayer asking God to save Him

Not long afterwards a motor boat came by and the driver motioned for the man to get in the boat.

But the preacher waved them off and said "Gawd is going to save me" The boatman shrugged and went off to save others

and the water rose

Next a person in a canoe came along  and offered the man a ride, but again he refused claiming God would save him

and the water rose

Finally a kid on a log came buy and said "get on mister" at which the preacher again refused claiming "Gawd Will Save Me"

and the water rose

and the preacher drowned.

When he got to heaven he stormed into the throne room and demanded of God..."I told everyone that you would save me and you let me die!~ How can this be!?!"

And God said. I sent you a boat a canoe and a log, what else did you want

and while the joke may be age worn and corny, the truth is not. Never limit God in how He will answer your prayer, He knows everything you want and need, and He knows what it best.

Matthew 6:8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Riverwalker said:

Never limit God in how He will answer your prayer, He knows everything you want and need, and He knows what it best.

Matthew 6:8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him

I have come to realize over the years that for sure, mans ways are not God's ways.
Nor his timing. Sometimes it's a long time coming.
Other times I already had my request and did not realize it.
I try to 'trust and obey', but I still feel the need to occasionally remind him....:)
"Help thou my unbelief"
(And He wants us to call upon him)

• Loved it! 1