• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 40:21

Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?

Isa 41:26

Who declared it from the beginning, so that we might know, and beforehand, so that we might say, "He is right"? There was no one who declared it, none who proclaimed, none who heard your words.

1Jo 1:1

We declare to you what was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the word of life

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Matthew 13:52 Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest ShamashOfYeshua
2 Timothy 3:15-17 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Tell me how do you learn what YHWH says is Good Works? Tell me what "scripture" means? There wasn't any B'rit Khadashah(NT) when this letter was written. Scripture is talking about the Tanakh. If you do some research you will find that out.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

This didn't replace the Tanakh, if you read it it says On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. The Torah(better word for a bad translation Law) and the Prophets teach us how to live. Tell me how are we supposed to Love YHWH with all our heart, mind and soul? Do we just all of the sudden know how to live? Or are we Taught by the Torah and the Prophets? Yes we are. YHWH gave us instructions which is what Torah means. These instructions are what set the Israelites apart from all the other nations. Today I have to tell you I can't tell a Christian apart from a worldly person most of the time. I would say in my opinion and many readings that Christianity has gotten most of the way they live from Man's doctrines through the Main Church that came to be in the Roman times. Since most all Churches came from that one they still kept many of the practices that were made by Man that replaces what YHWH taught in HIS Tanakh.

I believe that those who believe that the NT is the ONLY testament they need for their Christian walk are foolish and really need to get a hold of God. But I argue vehemently against those who believe the Torah or the Tenakh are our rules for daily living.

I believe that those who believe that the B'rit Khadashah(NT) replaces the Tanakh need for their eyes to be open since Christianity has gotten most of its beliefs from a Pagan started Church. And are foolish and they need to seek the Truth that is only in YHWH and of course Yeshua. And I too will always try with prayer and supplication to our Creator YHWH through His SON Yeshua to remove Veil from their eyes that has been there for almost 1900 years.

Shalom and Shalom,

Tag

• 2 months later...
Guest ShamashOfYeshua

Origins of Our Faith - The Hebrew Roots of Christianity

Shalom to all.

Our Assembly leader just finished writing this book:

Origins of Our Faith - The Hebrew Roots of Christianity :t2:

by Rick Richardson

You can find the online version on the following site:

http://www.originsofourfaith.com/

Just click on the link next to the book to either order the book or read it online.

This is a very interesting book which I am almost done reading it and find that it falls inline on what I believe.

If this doesn't fit here let me know and I'll start a new thread and then delete this one.

Shalom,

Tag

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

From a tiny acorn, a mighty Oak grows. If we consider the analogy of a tree in discussing our "roots", MOST Christians from the cross forward, would have to conclude that the "root" of their faith is Jesus Christ. No knowledge or even acknowledgment of His Jewishness is even required to attain to Salvation, ONLY to believe that He is the Son of God and that He died for our sins. Mostly though, this applies to the Gentiles.

Thank you Dad Ernie for putting that so clearly. My roots do not reach to the other side of the cross. My life began there as a new creation

A creation cannot have roots further back than when it was created.

Ethlyn

jesuscolors.gif

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Mrs. Mac,

Thank you Dad Ernie for putting that so clearly. My roots do not reach to the other side of the cross. My life began there as a new creation

A creation cannot have roots further back than when it was created.

You are somewhat correct, but the Jews "roots" go back to the Covenant of Abraham, Isaac and in particular Jacob, from whom the 12 tribes of Israel (Jacob) come. Those who acknowledge that the Messiah has come in the flesh are our dear brothers and sisters in Christ and we are indebted to them and can receive much from them since the whole OT was given us as "ensamples" (KJV) - examples wherein we find many a beautiful portrait of God and His Son. A "completed Jew" has roots in understanding of life of which few gentiles are aware and it would behoove each of us to allow God to use us to bring many Jews to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

and we could take our roots even farther back to Noah if we wished. Here was a righteous man from whom all the families of the earth are descended. In this case, we have a "gentile" (there was no distinction before there were jews) who was declared righteous by faith predating both Abraham and the covenants of Israel.

wouldn't that make the jewish people our "little brothers"?

:t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hmmm, that's a point Yod.

We were all descended from one man but then God chose for Himself a people.

9990139967488.gif

Ethlyn

Greetings Yhudah,

The Bible makes it clear that God has two special peoples:

Israel and the Church.

According to Ephesians 1-3, God is currently building a "habitation" wherein He shall dwell through His Holy Spirit. (2:22) It consists of Jew and Gentile and there IS NO OTHER NAME on earth or in heaven by which either Jew or Gentile can be saved. God has ONLY one plan of salvation. The difference we see now between Jew and Gentile is the matter of the "timing" of their salvation. The current "age" is to fill the Kingdom of God with Gentiles, and toward the end of it, will soften the Jews heart to receive the Gospel and thus secure their admission into the Kingdom.

So yes, there are certainly two groups, but ONLY one in Christ - the two groups are made one in Him.

We do indeed agree much on many things, and I appreciate your input and your heart.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Amen to all of that Dad Ernie.

These 2 different groups have specific roles to accomplish His purposes in the earth and THAT would be why there is a difference. Unfortunately, most of Israel is not part of the universal church so there is a blindness, and therefore a hindrance, for Israel to complete her mission. There will soon come a day when they will be restored to the place of being priests in the earth.

Our role is to bring the gospel to the jew primarily and yet equally to the nations.

There is an underlying envy in those who despise Israel's status at "the chosen" people but this kind of jealousy has no place in the Kingdom because we, too, have been chosen. We simply have a different role.

This doesn't take away from what Israel was "chosen" for.

The Lord used them to bring His word, His instruction, His Messiah, and His church. In the future Israel will be chosen for administering the earthly manifestation of Yeshua's everlasting Kingdom.

The church will have a major role to play.....or at least those of the church who were not separated as goats.

:t2:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Yod,

I have often thought of how Israel was actually the "younger brother" of the "Gentiles". After all it WAS Esau who came first. And you are correct of course that until Jacob, Israel was non-existent. Both Abraham and Isaac were "Hebrews" and was counted "among the nations" (gentiles) at the time.

Yet scripture makes it clear that "salvation is of the Jews", which of course it was, through the prophets, the law and of course our Lord Jesus Christ - a Jew by birth, but was made a "high priest after the order of Melchizedek" - a gentile. Ironic isn't it?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie