not an echo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

Every jot; tittle; name and number, period, and even comma's, has significant meaning in the Bible. One example:

Isaiah 61:1 (KJV) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; [emphasis mine]

Here Jesus is quoting Isaiah 61:2: Luke 4:16 (KJV) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. [What is missing at the comma of Isaiah 61: verse two?

Notice where and what Jesus leaves off at the comma, in His quote of Isaiah 61:2, that Jesus intentionally omits. This has not occurred yet, and so far has been about 2,000 years and counting. Isaiah is speaking about the day of the Lord [the Tribulation] and His second coming. 

It is said, "mathematics' is the universal language." Our Lord is the Master Mathematician. All Biblical numbers and Hebrew names have meaning. Ever wonder why so much detail with numbers for the Ark of the Covenant; Noah's Ark; the Tabernacle and Temple dimensions; numbers, numbers everywhere in God's word? Numbers are representations and patterns on earth, representing things in Heaven, or have important meaning, significant, and are to be paid attention too. 

The number 153 of your question, often represents "fruit-bearing" to many scholars.

Hebrew names also have a meaning. It often gives us a tidbit of very accurate insight into their character, occupation, where they originated from, etc. It puzzles me, and I still wonder; how did their parent(s) know something about them and their future in advance, and name them accordingly? We're talking hundreds of names and people here!

If you're interested in a deeper study of numbers and names; I suggest three little books.

(1) Biblical Mathematics (Keys to Scripture Numerics) ~ Evangelist Ed. F. Vallowe 

(2) The Great Pyramid (Prophecy in Stone), the late ~ N. W. Hutchings 

(3) A Dictionary of the Proper Names ~ J. B. Jackson

There is a great software program you may obtain free of charge; LOGOS Bible Software. You can get the basic package for something like $60.00 if memory serves? But in either case, you can add to your library by purchasing books from them like "A Dictionary of Proper Names." It's wonderful, I can go directly where I want to go immediately; highlight, copy / paste, take and add notes and more.

I use to lose all my notes and work when I used a computer, when it eventually failed. The great thing about LOGOS, you will never lose anything again. Your program, all the books and resources you purchased, all future updates, all your notes; it is all stored ready to download on your new computer once you sign in again. For important things, I also use One Note or the Cloud as a secondary backup. 

Of course I have written notes in my Bibles, but the computer and programs makes it much faster, more productive and efficient in my studies. 

Shew we... That's such a long response to such a short question :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1957

8 hours ago, Alive said:
8 hours ago, not an echo said:

Hey Alive,

I'm setting in my desk chair kinda chuckling.  Annnyway, my first thought is that I don't know why Lazarus would have chosen to disobey Jesus.  My second thought is that most others who are dead do.  I just stopped chuckling...

Irresistable Grace, brother. A very good topic for a message. I think Lazarus is a type of all of us that were drawn, called and made alive. Very edifying, indeed.

:-)

Hello Alive,

I have just enough time for a short visit tonight.  In reflection, I am feeling that it might be important for me to clarify that the reason I was "chuckling" had to do with the way it kinda "hit me!" to contemplate Lazarus laying in that tomb considering whether he would come forth or not!  That still gets me tickled! :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Concerning "Irresistable Grace,"  I'm smiling as a think that a discussion on this could certainly derail this thread!  But, just out of curiosity, do you feel that God's grace is irresistible to all?

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1957

Hello all,

I hadn't checked in here in forever it seems.  Was just interested in seeing if the link that I show in my opening post still works (a must).  It didn't the first time I tried it.  And even when I tried "reload" it didn't.  But, when I X'ed out of this prompt and tried it again, it worked!  Hope it works for ya'll as well!

I got some plans still for this thread, if I ever get some extra time.  Like a total of 153 mini devotions :)

NOTE:  I went out and come back and tried it again.  Still kinda aggravating, but it did work again.  It may be partly my computer :unsure:

Edited by not an echo