• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

•    “My soul, be silent only to God; for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my strong tower; I shall not be shaken. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength; my hiding-place is in God.” (Psalms 62.5-7).

Why should we wait only on Jesus?

1 – Our hope is from Him -> we ought to hang only on the word of Jesus. Only hearing His voice we can wait for the right thing;

2 – He is our rock, the rock of our strength -> our strength only won’t fail if it is shored up in Jesus;

3 – He is our salvation -> whatever other source of salvation is false and only leads to problems;

4 – He is our strong tower, our defense -> our safety isn’t in good heath or wealthiness, let alone in the favor of the men toward us (power, fame, etc.). Especially because without Jesus we don’t have anything of value that need to be kept in safe.

5 – He is our glory -> without Jesus, we are nobody, thoroughly ineffectual (Romans 3.9-18; Matthew 19.17);

6 – He is our refuge, where is our hiding-place. It is in His company that we can find rest and security, instead of getting flustered and afraid before the threatens of the enemies, that is, wasting time with bad thoughts and feelings.

For all this, we should hope only in Jesus, assuming we don’t wish to be shaken.

Have a beautiful day in Christ Jesus and don’t consent to be shake for what is nothing, for what isn’t of Jesus in your life.