IGNORED

ARE YOU A LIGHT, SHINING IN THE DARKNESS?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

The entire world feel the pangs of uncertainty in many different areas.  We here on this Worthy forum are in majority, followers of Jesus Christ.  Some are seekers.  Some are newborns.  Some are students of the teachings of Jesus.  Some are now teachers and disciples. 

Throughout thousands of years the earth has experienced troubles and uncertainly.  Wars, famines, plagues, earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, violence, murder, robbery, and all of the deprivations of mankind has been here on earth and will continue to be here until the end of time. 

As followers of Jesus, we have been taught to be a light in times of darkness. If we are living in fear of the times, we are not being faithful to our Lord.  Where is our trust in him and his promises?  Over and over the Lord Jesus had to remind the people to look beyond what they were seeing in the natural, to look past the darkness.  He reminded his followers they were the light in a dark world.  In complete darkness even the tiniest flicker of light shines bright.  

People in the world today are screaming out for that flicker of light.  They are searching for faith, for peace, for hope, for love, for understanding, for anything but darkness.  If the Christian of the world today is not shining the light of Jesus to a dying world, they are a part of the darkness and not a part of the light.  Each one of us can choose to cry, moan, tremble in fear, hide, curse the times, or we can choose to spread the Good News!  The message of love, peace, grace, mercy, faith, joy, salvation, strength for the journey, and all that Jesus taught for us, his people, to get through this life on earth and to help others who are lost in their fear and anxiety.

Are you a light to others in a dark world?  Do your words and actions exemplify Jesus, the "Light of the World"?  What are you doing to be a light for Jesus?  How can your light shine even brighter for him?

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Matthew 5:14-16  “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Luke 11:33-36  “No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

John 8:12  Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, debrakay said:

The entire world feel the pangs of uncertainty in many different areas.  We here on this Worthy forum are in majority, followers of Jesus Christ.  Some are seekers.  Some are newborns.  Some are students of the teachings of Jesus.  Some are now teachers and disciples. 

Throughout thousands of years the earth has experienced troubles and uncertainly.  Wars, famines, plagues, earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, violence, murder, robbery, and all of the deprivations of mankind has been here on earth and will continue to be here until the end of time. 

As followers of Jesus, we have been taught to be a light in times of darkness. If we are living in fear of the times, we are not being faithful to our Lord.  Where is our trust in him and his promises?  Over and over the Lord Jesus had to remind the people to look beyond what they were seeing in the natural, to look past the darkness.  He reminded his followers they were the light in a dark world.  In complete darkness even the tiniest flicker of light shines bright.  

People in the world today are screaming out for that flicker of light.  They are searching for faith, for peace, for hope, for love, for understanding, for anything but darkness.  If the Christian of the world today is not shining the light of Jesus to a dying world, they are a part of the darkness and not a part of the light.  Each one of us can choose to cry, moan, tremble in fear, hide, curse the times, or we can choose to spread the Good News!  The message of love, peace, grace, mercy, faith, joy, salvation, strength for the journey, and all that Jesus taught for us, his people, to get through this life on earth and to help others who are lost in their fear and anxiety.

Are you a light to others in a dark world?  Do your words and actions exemplify Jesus, the "Light of the World"?  What are you doing to be a light for Jesus?  How can your light shine even brighter for him?

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Matthew 5:14-16  “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Luke 11:33-36  “No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

John 8:12  Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

We just pray to God to protect us in these uncertain times. †

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

Preaching the full gospel of salvation.

Keeping the integrity of my testimony.

Letting the fruit of the Spirit be my conversation.

Faithfulness.

Not being ashamed to talk of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 

Offering to pray for others.

Turning the other cheek. 

Praising God for his creation. 

Praying in the Spirit.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

809219225_CapeOttway.png.abf3e4f87a69f6d81e2f8dab56295aae.png

Cape Ottway Lighthouse, Victoria, Australia - guarding the Bass Strait.

Edited by Waggles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

One of my favorite songs from my favorite band (Theocracy):

----------

So the candle's gone out, it's been soaked by the rain
And the cold winds of doubt have extinguished the flame
The lighthouse sits idly in darkness again
As the ship sails ocean alone
The sun's frozen over and all has gone cold
And the fires of the past have been bought and then sold
And the light on the porch is abandoned and old
So the child cannot find his way home

Arisen
Forbidden
We keep our candles hidden
Born leaders
That follow, floating with the tide

"You are the light of the world," He said
But we've blown out our candles and left men for dead,
Singing "we are the light of the world, He said"
As the darkness descends on us all
If we were the light of the world today
Would we hide in the shadows and scare them away?
Are we the light of the world or are we failing to answer the call?

Men love the darkness much more than the light
For their deeds can be kept out of mind and of sight
And the line has eroded between wrong and right
Like it's all relative after all
To stand like a wall and resist the temptation
To sell ourselves out for hollow acclimation
And cheapen the message, a weakened foundation
Revealing the cracks in the wall

No power
No glory
No one to tell their story
No wonder
It's all unraveling

But we've blown out our candles and left men for dead
Would we hide in the shadows and just look away?

To lift up the fallen
To stand for the downtrodden
The poor and the hurting
Are our ministry

But we've blown out our candles and left men for dead
Would we hide in the shadows and darken the way?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

9 hours ago, debrakay said:

There was / is a book called: What Would Jesus Do. People even use to wear WWJD bracelets. This book mostly focused on our work and ouj job. Even today now that I am almost 70 - God is telling me not to even think about retirement. My witness and testimony has to do with my "job" and the work that I do. From the very beginning we are told that it is NOT going to be easy. Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will." Job in the Bible did not have it easy. 

Easy or not we just keep on keeping on and we are amazed when God blesses our efforts and the pieces all begin to fall into place. Even today, it is like don't be in a hurry, take your time and don't make any mistakes. Everything is going to work out no matter how much it does not look like it will. Does it take me any longer? Not really - if I get it right the first attempt, I do not have to do it all over again. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 8/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, debrakay said:

I try but I could definitely be brighter 

• Praying! 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:12 PM, missmuffet said:

We just pray to God to protect us in these uncertain times. †

He is with us! :bighug2:

Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

@BK1110 May the Lord our God cause our light to shine in this darkness!  May even the slightest flicker be seen by the lost soul.  May we be brave and have courage in the face of trials and tribulations.  May we speak peace and hope to a lost and dying world.  May your light shine from each of us that bow at your throne!  Let your voice be heard in the world today. Amen.

• Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you debrakay for this very important post!  I agree whole heartedly.  I am not without worries and doubts, however I try to realize what an offense that is to our God.  It means we do not trust Him, and it breaks my heart when I realize that I've done that.