IGNORED

Why waste the energy?

Guest opusdei

Guest opusdei

OK, why is it a lot of fundamentalist Christians waste both their time and mine trying to convince me that IM wrong and THEIR right. Dont we both believe in the same Savior/Creator? How come because I believe my church's institution should be visible, LIKE CHRIST SAID IT SHOULD, and that makes me a follower of the Anti-Christ? Why? Can anyone explain, without throwing a ton of Bible quotes at me? ( I dont mind a few but more than 10 and it gets hard to read) Well if u can Id appreciate it.

Hail Holy Queen, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To they do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Oh sweet, oh clement, oh loving Virgin Mary! Pray for us now and unto the hour of our death. Amen

this is a good place to start.

Mary?

She ain't my queen or my life, or my sweetness, or my hope. I don't "cry" to her, send up my sighs, mourning or weeping any vail of tears.

She ain't no advocate, and is too dead to show mercy or pray for me.

This idolotry is no better than the worship of dark angels. Should we just agree with it?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1980

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong. Well my grandmother was Roman Catholic and it was very offensive to me. I feel for you, man. I'm sorry you have to be persecuted by protestants. Here is an example of what I'm talking about...

Actually, I found the exact tract I was reading years ago. Be prepared, ol Jack can be quite offensive...

Why is Mary crying?

Guest opusdei
I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.  Well my grandmother was Roman Catholic and it was very offensive to me.  I feel for you, man. I'm sorry you have to be persecuted by protestants.  Here is an example of what I'm talking about...

Actually, I found the exact tract I was reading years ago. Be prepared, ol Jack can be quite offensive...

Why is Mary crying?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thanx man Im glad u feel my pain. Yea that Jack Chick man I dont now HOW he can call himself christian. By the way, where in Buffalo are you from cuz I live in the same area. I mean I know this isnt the "oplace" to discuss this stuff but Im interested. Oh and about idolatry, Im surprised ol Jack will actually come in handy. He points out the making of "graven images". It says we wont make images in the likeness of anything in Heaven. Well, Jesus is in Heaven, and I know many a Protestant who has a statue of Jesus in his or her yard or kitchen. So, because it's Jesus it's OK? Uh uh; one rule for everybody. But still, I dont look upon it as idolatry (although you do, though Heaven knows y after wat I have just pointed out.) And it's a "vale" of tears, as in "valley". And so many lives have been spared by the intercession of Mary Im surprised there aren't more devotions to her.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't hate catholics myself, whatever path you choose is your choice. The only thing I can think of, on the top of my head is:

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (matthew 23:9)

The name "father" has been used by catholic clergy yes? Pope comes from the latin Papa, meaning father. According to wikipedia, many of them sign their name with titles such as:

In canon law, the Catholic Pope is referred to as the "Roman Pontiff" (Pontifex Romanus). He is styled "Your Holiness" (Sanctitas Vestra) and is frequently referred to as "the Holy Father."

The pope's signature is usually in the format "NN. PP. x" (e.g., Pope Paul VI signed his name as "Paulus PP. VI"), the "PP." standing for Papa ("Pope/father") or Pater Patrum ("Father of Fathers"), and his name is frequently accompanied in inscriptions by the abbreviation "Pont. Max." or "P.M." (abbreviation of the ancient title Pontifex Maximus, literally "Greatest Bridge-maker", but usually translated "Supreme Pontiff"). The signature of Papal bulls is customarily NN. Episcopus Ecclesia Catholicae ("NN. Bishop of the Catholic Church"), while the heading is NN. Episcopus Servus Servorum Dei ("NN. Bishop and Servant of the Servants of God"), the latter title dating to the time of Pope Gregory I the Great. Other titles used in some official capacity include Summus Pontifex ("Highest Pontiff"), Sanctissimus Pater and Beatissimus Pater ("Most Holy Father" and "Most Blessed Father"), Sanctissimus Dominus Noster ("Our Most Holy Lord"), and, in the Medieval period, Dominus Apostolicus ("Apostolic Lord"). This title, however, was not abandoned altogether: the Pope is still refered to as "Dominum Apostolicum" in the Latin version of the Litany of the Saints, a solemn Catholic prayer, and in some translations of it.

I kind of find this on the verge of sin... "The greatest bridgemaker"? Christ is the only bridge between God and people.

Oh thanx man Im glad u feel my pain. Yea that Jack Chick man I dont now HOW he can call himself christian.

why so? He preaches what's true instead of what's popular.

Edited by Sgtazur

Guest opusdei
Oh thanx man Im glad u feel my pain. Yea that Jack Chick man I dont now HOW he can call himself christian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because all he preaches he does in hate. Like the faith or not, are you not suppose to minister to people in LOVE not hate? This i snot what Jack Chick does. Also, he makes wild and outlandish claims about Roman Catholics, almost none of which can he back up with proof. The man has a vendetta against the Church,and I dont think (although Im not God this stems from wat believe) that Jesus would condone such hatred.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hello!

Ill start by saying, i have no hate towards Catholics. My entire fathers side of the family are catholics, and they are genuine people who love God dearly. It's just a shame there missing out on the whole point.

It clearly states in the bible we are to pray ONLY to the Father through Jesus Christ. Anything else is nothing short of sin. Sure, were to respect Mary. She had Jesus, what a woman! Of course were to remember her and respect her part in the birth of our precious savior, but once she had Jesus, thats it. Normal, lovely lady with a family that consisted of more than one child. Lived a normal life. She is now dead. She is not a God. Were not to pray to her. That is like praying to our dead grandparents. It's wrong. Dead people cant hear you anyway so its a waste of breath. She is not apart of the Holy trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. She was a nice, pure lady who is now deceased.

Also, what i mean by, its such a shame that there missing the point, is, that although Catholics do love the Lord dearly, and are devoted to there church and sticking up for it... there missing Jesus. The most important thing is your personal relationship with God. Catholics get so caught up in there rosary beads and making a cross sign pefore they sit down in a pulpit, and there noice priestly garments, there so caught up in the ceremonial things that they totally forget the point. The relationship which consists of prayer (which they do but its all to a dead person, instead of there beloved God) worship, and the Word of God. Catholics are not encouraged to seek God in the bible, or to worship rejoicefully as they did in Psalms. Its almost like Catholics are the Pharisees of our age with there ceremonial obsession. Except i believe Catholics love the Lord so much. They just have no idea. If they were to meet the Holy Spirit theyd pass out in shock that there is such a thing! these poor people are missing out and need much prayer that they will meet the Lord.

Edited by Bluebird1

Guest Big Dog

Just a question, I'm not trying to prove you right or wrong.......

After Mary had Jesus, didn't she and Joseph have more children? We read about Jesus' earthly brothers.

If she did, she can't still be a virgin, can she? :noidea:

Big Dog

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because all he preaches he does in hate. Like the faith or not, are you not suppose to minister to people in LOVE not hate? This i snot what Jack Chick does. Also, he makes wild and outlandish claims about Roman Catholics, almost none of which can he back up with proof. The man has a vendetta against the Church,and I dont think (although Im not God this stems from wat believe) that Jesus would condone such hatred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Jesus preach in hate when He took a whip of scourges and flipped over tables and rebuke the Pharisees and tax collectors and lawyers and call them snakes and hypocrites and open sepulchres...need I go on???

What is love? A gentle, politically-correct speaker like the antichrist who comes in his own name to unite mankind?

Jesus came to send a sword...not peace.