Guest opusdei

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

OK, why is it a lot of fundamentalist Christians waste both their time and mine trying to convince me that IM wrong and THEIR right. Dont we both believe in the same Savior/Creator? How come because I believe my church's institution should be visible, LIKE CHRIST SAID IT SHOULD, and that makes me a follower of the Anti-Christ? Why? Can anyone explain, without throwing a ton of Bible quotes at me? ( I dont mind a few but more than 10 and it gets hard to read) Well if u can Id appreciate it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW...Christ never said that His Church would be visible. Actually, He said that the tares and wheat would grow side by side until harvest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The Catholic Church contradicts itself all the time. In fact, the Eastern Orthodox Churches are primitive proof of that. Super Jew also showed you many times the error of your ways here. God bless friend!!! :21:

[p.s. I'm the type of person to shoot you in the foot and walk away saying "God bless you"...haha]

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Love the sinner. Hate the sin. There arer many God fearing catholics who are friends of God. I've seen enough goofy protestant churches to know that catholics are no worse than anyone else. :24:

I was at a Gospel explosion last night which consisted of 3 major gospel acts performing and celebrating 160 years of the black Baptist church that I attend. It all seemed good on the urface. There was approximately 600 people there celebrating black christian heritage and the Lord, however the performers showed a hint of self absorbsion and at the end of the event the booths were swarmed for the sale of T shirts and CDs. I don't think Jesus would have cared for a T shirt regardless of the greatness of the event. :21:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Well we can go around in circles like "i dont totally disagree with your church but i think mine is right, or this one, and this church has this wrong, and that church leaves out this, and catholics worship Mary, and Hillsong church preach prosperity, and..." and it goes on from there in a continuous circle of "friendly" un-resolved chatter.

Bottom line is that not one single church is perfect so we should just agree to disagree with each other, as long as we dont compromise our beliefs according to the word of God in our own personal walk with the Lord.

Then maybe this board would be lessened of rubbish and more focused on the wonderful things of God, revalation, testimonies, Love, faith and all other good things.

Praise the LORD!! :21:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hail Holy Queen, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To they do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Oh sweet, oh clement, oh loving Virgin Mary! Pray for us now and unto the hour of our death. Amen

this is a good place to start.

Mary?

She ain't my queen or my life, or my sweetness, or my hope. I don't "cry" to her, send up my sighs, mourning or weeping any vail of tears.

She ain't no advocate, and is too dead to show mercy or pray for me.

This idolotry is no better than the worship of dark angels. Should we just agree with it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  91

Hail Holy Queen, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To they do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Oh sweet, oh clement, oh loving Virgin Mary! Pray for us now and unto the hour of our death. Amen

Mary?

She ain't my queen or my life, or my sweetness, or my hope. I don't "cry" to her, send up my sighs, mourning or weeping any vail of tears.

This idolotry is no better than the worship of dark angels. Should we just agree with it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a former Roman Catholic who came to Christ through the Charismatic Renewal in the Catholic Church, I'd like to point out that the Catholic Church preaches that Mary has said that she wants to get people to focus on Jesus.

Yet, in the guise of honoring Mary, they have developed a regimen of ceremonies and practices that surely look like worship to me and to worship anyone but God is idolatry.

The Catholic Church puts much emphasis on praying to Mary for her to intercede with Jesus on my behalf. Growing up, I was led to believe that her prayer had a better chance of being heard than mine because she was/is Jesus' mother and I was only a kid living on earth.

What a surprise it was when I read in my St. Joseph (Catholic) Bible that I can come all by myself to the Throne of Grace for help in time of need (Heb 4: 16).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Mary?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a former Roman Catholic who came to Christ through the Charismatic Renewal in the Catholic Church, I'd like to point out that the Catholic Church preaches that Mary has said that she wants to get people to focus on Jesus.

Yet, in the guise of honoring Mary, they have developed a regimen of ceremonies and practices that surely look like worship to me and to worship anyone but God is idolatry.

The Catholic Church puts much emphasis on praying to Mary for her to intercede with Jesus on my behalf. Growing up, I was led to believe that her prayer had a better chance of being heard than mine because she was/is Jesus' mother and I was only a kid living on earth.

What a surprise it was when I read in my St. Joseph (Catholic) Bible that I can come all by myself to the Throne of Grace for help in time of need (Heb 4: 16).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a former Roman Catholic you have little knowledge of this prayer or historical Christianity.

The prayer starts out ----Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!

Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!

She is the Mother of Jesus and Jesus is God therefor Jesus is our Our life, our sweetness, and our hope comprende.

Guest Morrowind360

I probably wont post again but here is my view. If somebody doesent follow the religon same way you follow it the other person is a heathen.I dont know why christians do this its actualy funny :blink:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  87

I probably wont post again but here is my view. If somebody doesent follow the religon same way you follow it the other person is a heathen.I dont know why christians do this its actualy funny :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heathen is just a term, like unbeliever/nonbeliever, or non-christian, it's not any worse or more slang-like than the others. It's just a term.