Guest opusdei

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Salt, just like many other ppl, have made yet another post with much adament scripture to show that the worship pf mary is wrong.... yet were still, after 20 something pages of this post, waiting to see scripture from the likes of FIOSH and the other "mary worshippers" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show scripture, or there is no point to this thread at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.

Salt, just like many other ppl, have made yet another post with much adament scripture to show that the worship pf mary is wrong.... yet were still, after 20 something pages of this post, waiting to see scripture from the likes of FIOSH and the other "mary worshippers" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show scripture, or there is no point to this thread at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

btw.........worship of Mary is not what this thread is about....'cause..........uh............we don't.

You don't have to take my word for it. Check the Catechism of the Catholic Church (it's on line; not secret) or any RC documents.

It's not nice to spread falsehoods about people.

One more thing, while I'm at it, Bluebird.

What do you mean by "the likes of FIOSH" ?

I'm slightly offended by that remark.

OK, why is it a lot of fundamentalist Christians waste both their time and mine trying to convince me that IM wrong and THEIR right. Dont we both believe in the same Savior/Creator? How come because I believe my church's institution should be visible, LIKE CHRIST SAID IT SHOULD, and that makes me a follower of the Anti-Christ? Why? Can anyone explain, without throwing a ton of Bible quotes at me? ( I dont mind a few but more than 10 and it gets hard to read) Well if u can Id appreciate it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simple, if your beliefs agree with the bible, they are right. If they contradict the bible, they are wrong. And that's why you need to read bible quotes. :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You pertend to fallow Christ but do not listen to Him.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ

Jhn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

1Cr 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

1Cr 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Act 18:15 But if it be a question of words and names, and [of] your law, look ye [to it]; for I will be no judge of such [matters].

Even Paul does not Judge on such matters.

Dear Fiosh.

Woe to you when all men speak well of you."

Luke 6:26

Blessed are you when men reproach you, and persecute you, and, speaking falsely, say all manner of evil against you, for My sake. Rejoice and exult, BECAUSE YOUR REWARD IS GREAT IN HEAVEN; for so did they persecute the prophets who were before you."

Matthew 5:11-12

:emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

1Cr 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

1Cr 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Act 18:15 But if it be a question of words and names, and [of] your law, look ye [to it]; for I will be no judge of such [matters].

Dear Fiosh.

Blessed are you when men reproach you, and persecute you, and, speaking falsely, say all manner of evil against you, for My sake. Rejoice and exult, BECAUSE YOUR REWARD IS GREAT IN HEAVEN; for so did they persecute the prophets who were before you."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let them say what they will. I know in my heart that I love Jesus above all else and strive to live for Him. I believe you do too.

God bless you,

Fiosh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Fiosh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let them say what they will. I know in my heart that I love Jesus above all else and strive to live for Him. I believe you do too.

God bless you,

Fiosh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not judging anyone. Im asking for scripture. Fiosh, i am not saying you dont love Jesus or anything like that, i know many Catholics that love the Lord. That has nothing to do with it. My problem is the worship which the DO most definately do. They pray to her statue!!!!! And why "hail" mary? If its a greeting, that means your talking to her. She's dead. She cant hear you, just like any other dead person. It's sin. Im sorry if i offended you but if you Pray to mary and "hail" or greet her.... your sinning not to mention wasting your time because she is Dead and you are only supposed to pray to the father through Jesus Christ. Praying to mary is like praying to your dead uncle or something. Pointless.

So, ill ask again, im not judging. Im asking for scripture that back your beliefs. That is not judgement. Thats God's job. I only want to know where your ideas of praying to Mary and bowing before her statue... come from. Scripture please. I dont see why your delaying, I will become catholic immediately and repent if only you would show me in the bible where you are coming from.

Blessings,

Bluebird

OK, why is it a lot of fundamentalist Christians waste both their time and mine trying to convince me that IM wrong and THEIR right. Dont we both believe in the same Savior/Creator? How come because I believe my church's institution should be visible, LIKE CHRIST SAID IT SHOULD, and that makes me a follower of the Anti-Christ? Why? Can anyone explain, without throwing a ton of Bible quotes at me? ( I dont mind a few but more than 10 and it gets hard to read) Well if u can Id appreciate it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simple, if your beliefs agree with the bible, they are right. If they contradict the bible, they are wrong. And that's why you need to read bible quotes. :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hence, a request for scripture!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

My husband is catholic, and I have a very dear friend who is catholic. Neither one prays to Mary or another saint. They don't go to confession because we all know that a priest will and cannot forgive your sins. Both go to the Father through Christ for forgivness and prayer. In that way we all agree.