Guest firepaw_1234

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

No, It's not that I want to be older, I just don't want people to dismiss my opinions BECAUSE I am 13.  I am glad I am 13, I don't want to be any older than 16 (so I can drive, lol).

Kaitlyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enjoy being young... it only happens once and you WILL miss those days as you get older. It is a wonderful thing that you know the Lord at such a young age.

Ecc 12:1 Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days do not come, nor the years draw near, when you shall say, I have no pleasure in them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Kaitlyn, it is true that at 13 you are going to think you know much more than you really do. Trust me, when I was 13 I knew everything.  :wub:  Then, somehow as I got older I realized that I don't know everything. I must've had memory loss somewhere down the line  :wub:

But, people shouldn't use that against you. We are all constantly learning and each of our understandings is continually evolving. No one "knows it all." But, you are at an age where you probably think you know more than you do.

This will continue through your teen years. When you hit, say, 23 or 25 you'll look back and understand.

BTW, I was one of those 13 year olds who "saw more than I should have" and that probably adds to the "I know more than I do" syndrome.

Just be yourself. Don't allow people to despise your youth. Take what people say with a grain of salt and check it against the Word of God. Surround yourself with other people who love God and are living for Him.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it was Mark Twain that said when he was a teen his father was the stuppidest person on the face of the earth. Twain said that once he reached his twenties it was amazing how much smarter his father got.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24::wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It's important to know what you believe and believe it strongly. However, opinions sometimes come and go like the wind. Put your faith in the Word of God and let your belief come from that. There's a wonderful old song that says, "The Bible stands like a rock undaunted 'mid the raging storms of time." That's so true. Let the Word of God be the foundation of your life and ideas.

Everyone has their value, young and old. Youth has vigor and excitement and hope for the future. Us older folks, unless we've been blockheads all of our lives, have learned a lot in life through so many experiences. You definitely have had your own experiences and you can be sure that you will have more as your life progresses. Be patient with older people. Respect them and let your life be a witness to them that you deserve their trust and respect. Be patient with yourself too. Whatever circumstances you're in, use them to learn more about God and life. As each experience builds on the previous ones, you too will grow in wisdom.

So, if someone doesn't appreciate your opinion, so what? In the long run, you can let people know your opinion but then it's up to them whether to accept it or not. You can't force it on anyone, whether you're 14 or 65. So, I guess my advice would be just to relax, get into the Scriptures, live what you believe, trust God and don't worry so much about opinions. :thumbsup: