• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

30.12.2003 - 09:40 CET

Two new bombs sent to EU figures

Just two days after the President of the European Commission Romano Prodi received a parcel bomb, two new bombs were sent to the head of the European Central Bank Jean-Claude Trichet and European police body Europol.

On Monday (29 December) Mr Trichet was a target of a letter bomb, which did not explode. Some hours later, another bomb was sent to the Europol headquarters based in The Hague.

According to the Independent, the bombs for Mr Trichet and Mr Prodi were both sent from the northern Italian town of Bologna.

The police have so far not given more detailed information about the bomb sent to Europol. The bomb, the size of a book, was defused by Dutch military experts, and no one was injured, said Rijsdorp, of the public prosecutor's office in The Hague, according to the New York Times.

For his part, Mr Prodi said the package he received at home contained a book wrapped in yellow paper and was addressed to his wife. It had been cut to insert explosive powder, reports the BBC.

Press Articles BBC Independent Reuters Deutschland Politiken

Related Article EUobserver

Written by Marit Ruuda

http://euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=13974

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Making A Sad Song Sadder

As I reported yesterday, the Israeli government is preparing for failure. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is preparing to implement his so-called "Disengagement Plan" should the talks with the Palestinians not soon produce results.

What is Sharon's "Disengagement Plan?" If I understand correctly, Sharon will take matters into his own hands and divide the land between Israel and the Palestinians. In other words, Sharon's government will choose the borders that will make up the two states of Israel and Palestine -- not the international gang.

On the face of it, I can see what Sharon is doing. He's taking the Beatle's advice -- he's taking a sad song, and making it better. You see, Sharon understands Israel will ultimately have to give up land for peace. So, at least this way he can get the best deal.

But for us Bible believers, Israel giving up any of her land is still a very sad song. You see, God gave all the land of Palestine to the children of Israel. Besides that, He promised them to be a nation in the land forever. Through the prophet Jeremiah God said:

Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for light by day, and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar; the Lord of hosts is His name: "If this fixed order departs from before Me," declares the Lord, "Then the offspring of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me forever" (Jeremiah 31:35-36 New American Standard Bible).

In light of this prophecy, why is this now happening to the children of Israel? Why is God allowing Israel to be forced into giving up some of their land for peace?

Here's what I think: Before the children of Israel can posses their land forever, they must first receive the forgiveness for sin God has provided. You see, Jeremiah's prophecy began by saying:

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the Lord" (Jeremiah 31:31-32).

When did God make a new covenant with the house of Israel? God made a new covenant with Israel when He sent His Son Jesus to shed his blood and die on the cross for the sins not only of Israel, but for the whole world.

You see, when we receive forgiveness by believing in Jesus, God gives His promised Holy Spirit to dwell inside us. If you recall, Jesus said we must be born again -- of Spirit -- to enter the kingdom of God. That's why God said through Jeremiah:

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the Lord, "I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people" (Jeremiah 31:33).

Now, instead of turning to their Messiah -- Jesus, the Prince of this new and eternal covenant -- the children of Israel are preparing to once again give up their land. Why? They're trying to take a sad song, and make it better.

But, they're only making it sadder.

12-30-03

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/sad_song_sadder.html

Pope For Solana World

The Apostle Paul said "God has not rejected His people," and Israel "did not stumble so as to fall" (Romans 11). In other words, God is still in the business of keeping all His promises to the nation Israel. Not even John Paul can change that.

In fact, the name Jerusalem means "the foundation for peace." There can be no lasting peace in this world until all God's land is returned to His chosen people and Jerusalem is at peace. You see, according to the Bible, there are two things that bring God's judgment on nations. One of those things is persecuting the Jewish people and scattering them. And the other thing that brings judgment is dividing His land (Joel 3:1-2).

That's why it's so strange to see a powerful religious leader like the Pope advocating the establishment of a new international order and the dividing of God's land. You would think he'd know better. You would think he would be afraid.

As you may know, my name for this new international order the Pope is calling for is Solana World. That's because creating a new international order is part of the EU's High Representative, Javier Solana's, security doctrine (Read about it here>>>> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;j...storyID=4063144

(And here>>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journa...1105799,00.html

Solana delivered his 10-page security doctrine to the EU heads at their summit in Greece. Solana's doctrine was titled, "A Secure Europe in a Better World." And, it had three basic parts. First, it called for the EU to contribute more resources to establishing economic and political stability in their neighborhood. Second, it called on the EU to build a new international order. And third, it called for the EU to strengthen its civil and military capacity to deal with the threat of weapons of mass destruction and rogue states.

This explains why one of the EU's top foreign policy priorities for 2004 is the implementation of the Road Map Middle East peace plan. And this plan calls for the establishment of a Palestinian state by 2005 -- the dividing up of God's land.

Now we have the world's most powerful religious leader calling for the same thing.

You know what? I don't think being the Pope makes God any less angry.

You see, He's still in the business of keeping His promises.

01-02-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/pope_for_solanaworld.html

EU's "Hidden War"

Is Germany's parliamentarian Ilka Schroeder a student of Bible prophecy? Listen to what this thinking lady has to say about the EU's real intentions in the Middle East:

For me it is obvious that the Middle East has become one of the most important fields of European military superpower ambitions (Read about it here>>>> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20040102b.html

The primary goal of the EU is the internationalization of the [israeli-Palestinian] conflict in order to underline the need for its own mediating role.

The longer the conflict continues and the deeper it gets, the more evident is the incapability of the U.S. to moderate the peace process.

The need for a solution only exists as long as war continues. This is why the EU does not want the conflict to end before it gains [a] major role.

The EU is ... stirring up conflict that it supposedly wants to see resolved by financing one side.

Now Ilka Schroeder explosively drives home her point:

The Palestinians are playing the ugly role of cannon fodder of Europe's hidden war against the U.S.

Wow! Does Schroeder know about the Western European Union's Assembly Recommendation 666? Has she read my book or visited FulfilledProphecy.Com? I don't think so. I think the truth is the new political reality evolving in Europe is becoming so obvious that even unbelievers are beginning to see the writing on the wall.

The fact is, the red dragon of Revelation 12 is reviving. And, just as foretold its heading -- 10 horns and all -- in the direction of the Middle East.

Schrodeder calls it the EU's "hidden war." Yet the Bible revealed this revival of the old Roman Empire we're seeing today thousands of years ago. Bible prophecy truly is, as the Apostle Peters says, "A lamp shining in a dark place" (2 Peter 1:19).

Funny, isn't it? Now even unbelievers are beginning to see it and speak out. But, still so few of our evangelical leaders are seeing it. Or if they are, they sure aren't saying anything.

Makes you wonder what's wrong.

Stay tuned!

01-03-2004

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/hidden_war.html

2004: What Now?

No sooner had the feathers settles from the failed talks at the EU's December summit, German Chancellor Schroder made it known the battle wasn't over. Schroder said if the EU's new constitution isn't approved by the end of 2004, Germany and certain other EU member states just might create their own "hard core" defense group (Read about it here>>>> http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1433...350_1_A,00.html

(And here>>>> http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1716...1060937,00.html

If this isn't a threat from a bully I don't know what is. You see, Germany is the biggest kid on the EU block. And, Germany wants its way.

If you recall, the talks collapsed over the issue of what kind of voting system will be used by the new, super EU. Germany wants to see a voting system based more on population. And Germany, naturally, has by far the biggest population.

Spain and Portugal, on the other hand, want the current weighted voting system to continue. That's because, under this system, they have almost as much clout in the EU as the larger member states.

But wait a minute. How about France? Although France publicly sided with Germany, it has been reported France would rather continue with the weighted voting system too. Why? Because, France would also benefit more from the current system than one based on population.

That's why the recent report about Ilka Schroder so facinated me. Ilka Schroder, you may recall, is a German parliamentarian. And according to her, the EU has begun a "hidden war" against the U.S. in the Middle East (Read about it here>>>> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20040102b.html

Here is part of what she said:

For me it is obvious that the Middle East has become one of the most important fields of European military superpower ambitions.

The EU is ... stirring up conflict that it supposedly wants to see resolved by financing one side.

The Palestinians are playing the ugly role of cannon fodder of Europe's hidden war against the U.S.

Like I sad before, "Wow!" It's as if Schroeder knows about the Western European Union's Assembly Recommendation 666. You see, when France and the EU's High Representative, Javier Solana, implemented the WEU's Recommendation 666 back in 2000, the EU's "hidden war" against the U.S. began. That's what I wrote my book about, and now it's coming out in the open.

So what's going to happen next? Well, Bible prophecy tells us in the end-times there will be a revival of the old Roman Empire led by a 10-nation alliance. And, the WEU happens to be an alliance of 10 nations within the EU. Not only that, the current weighted voting system continues giving these 10 nations the majority vote in the Council of Europe.

This is what I think: There is much more going on in the EU than what is being reported to us. And this year, 2004, I suspect much more having to do with these 10 WEU nations will come to light. Why? Because, the Bible foretold a 10-nation revival of the Roman Empire.

Stay tuned!

01-05-2004

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/2004_what_now.htm

05.01.2004 - 09:27 CET

'Father of the euro' calls for global currency

The new global currency would be used for large foreign exchanges (Photo: EUobserver.com)

Robert Mundell, a nobel-prize winning economist, often credited with paving the way to the European single currency, has called for a global currency.

In an interview with French paper Lib

"Sounds Like The Roman Empire," Romano

And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow;

and a crown was given to him; and he went out conquering, and to conquer.

Revelation 6:2.

The above picture depicts Charlemagne, the man who led Europe's first attempt at reviving the fallen Roman Empire. Sort of looks like the white horseman of Revelation 6:2, doesn't it?

The picture comes with an interesting article posted by Economist.Com. It's about Europe's long held dream about reviving the Roman Empire. And, according to the article, while listening to Romano Prodi describe the new, super European Union due on the scene in 2004, President George Bush was reported to have said:

Sounds like the Roman empire, Romano (Read about it here>>>> http://www.economist.com/world/europe/disp...tory_id=2313040

In Europe there is an award given each year to the European who has done the most for uniting Europe. It's called the Charlemagne Award. And wouldn't you know it, former American President Bill Clinton is among those great Europeans who were given the Charlemagne Award. Why? I imagine appointing Javier Solana to restructure NATO so Europe could have their own independent defense structures may have helped Clinton a bit.

This brings me back to that picture -- it still spooks me. The article below it is titled, The History of an Idea. Perhaps it could also have been titled, The History of a Spirit -- in this case, the anti-christ spirit. I say this because of something the Apostle Paul once said about this idea of reviving Rome. Paul said:

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. And then that lawless one will be revealed ... (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 New American Standard Bible).

And Paul's words here remind me of something similar said in Daniel:

And the overflowing forces will be flooded away before him and shattered, and also the prince of the covenant (Daniel 11: 22).

Yes, everybody sees it coming. Everyone understands what's really going on in Europe today. Even President Bush recognized this new, super EU is in truth just another attempt at reviving the old Roman Empire. The only difference is, this time it just might work.

This brings up a good question: Does President Bush know Bible prophecy? Does he understand the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation about the rise of the 10-horned beast?

I don't know. I emailed him at the White House once about the Western European Union's Assembly Recommendation 666 and Javier Solana.

He didn't answer.

01-08-2004

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bush_roman_empire.html

Solana Pessimistic

It's reported EU High Representative, Javier Solana, said he's "pessimistic" about the Middle East Road Map peace plan (Read about it here>>>> http://www.iribnews.com/Full_en.asp?news_id=196072

That's a diplomatic way for Solana saying he doesn't think President Bush is doing his job in the Middle East.

And according to this article (Read about it here>>>> http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/381076.html

Solana is attempting to do something about it. Solana will be meeting Friday with the Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath to discuss, for one thing, possible EU enforcement of a cease fire between the Palestinians and Israel.

And if this news isn't enough to convince us Solana isn't trying to step into the Middle East peace process, the first report also says after meeting with Shaath, Solana will be meeting with Yossi Beilin, one of the authors of the Geneva Accords.

Now this is really interesting. You see, the Geneva Accords call for parts of Jerusalem -- including the Temple Mount -- to be given to the Palestinians. However, to keep the peace over this very sticky issue, it also calls for these areas to be placed under international control.

Think about it: The security fence coming down and EU/NATO forces patrolling between the Palestinians and Israeli settlers in the West Bank. EU/NATO forces patrolling in Old Jerusalem and on the Temple Mount. And, a security agreement signed between Israel and the EU that finally guarantees Israel the peace she so desperately cries out for.

Oh, by the way. It's been reported the EU was behind the Geneva Accords all along. Why? To compete with the U.S. in the Middle East (Read about it here>>>> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20040102b.html

In other words, the Geneva Accords may be part of Solana's foreign policy strategy.

It's no wonder Solana is pessimistic about the Road Map. He's got his own plan for the Middle East.

And, it doesn't include the United States.

01-08-2004

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/solana_pessimistic.htm

The Squeeze Is On

Voice of America reported Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia has warned if Israel continues down the current path, Israel's worst nightmare will come true -- a single bi-national state will emerge (Read about it here>>>> http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectI...4124264906645C0

What Qureia means is, the Israeli Arabs will insist on having their voices heard in Israeli politics. And this would mean the Jewish people could soon become a minority and Israel would no longer be a Jewish state.

If you recall, recently it was reported former Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu warned about this very possibility. The report said:

Netanyahu warned that if the Arab minority would reach 40% of the population, Israel would cease to exist as a Jewish democratic state. Of Israel's 6.6 million citizens, about 1.3 million (20%) are Arab (Read about it here>>>> http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp?en...cs&enVersion=0&

Now it appears the Palestinians are using this possibility to put the squeeze on Israel. And it's interesting to note that this squeeze is coming at the same time the Palestinian Foreign Minister is in Brussels meeting with the EU's High Representative Javier Solana.

Yes, the squeeze is on. And I think I know who may be doing the squeezing.

Stay tuned.

01-09-2004

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/squeeze_is_on.htm

It's Solanaman!!

Perhaps I can remember those words.

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superman!

Then that other voice says:

Able to leap tall buildings with a single bound. Able to bend steel with his bare hands. And who, disguised as Clark Kent, the mild mannered reported, fights for truth, justice, and the American way.

I don't know if I got them all right. But, I think I got most of them. I'm talking, of course, about the opening words from that old Superman television show.

For some reason this report about all the coming activities of the EU's High Representative Javier Solana got me thinking about Superman (Read about it here>>>> http://www.eupolitix.com/EN/News/200401/7f...754d7ce03dd.htm

It's just hard to believe this amazing individual can get around the way he does.

Let's see, Solana just finished an important meeting with the Palestinian Foreign Minister in Brussels. This Sunday Solana will pay a visit to Iran. While there, he'll visit the Iranian city of Bam where the earthquake killed so many people. But before all that, Solana will stop by Vienna to meet the head of the International Atomic Agency --- there goes his weekend.

Next week Solana will be flying on to Afghanistan, and from there on to Georgia. But, he won't be able stick around for long. Why? Well, if you recall, on the 19th Solana will be back tackling the Israeli/Palestinian problem by meeting with Yossi Beilin, one of the authors of the Geneva Accords.

But the 19th is a long time away. How much do you want to bet Solana finds a few more important people and places to fill in the gap.

You know what? I can't keep up with the guy. Just look at all the articles and commentaries I have posted about Solana in the last few weeks.

It's Solanaman!

01-10-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/solanaman.html