• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Center of Gravity

I'm still waiting for news about the recent talks in Washington. In the mean time, the EU's Javier Solana had some interesting comments. He said:

The peace process has to be at the center of gravity of whatever initiative is taken in the future (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.eubusiness.com/afp/040303130149.mcctycuf

Evidently, Solana said this after meeting with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. In other words, immediately following Solana's visit with officials in Washington, Solana paid a quick visit to Mubarak. And this brings up some interesting questions.

For example, was Solana delivering Mubarak some kind of message from Bush -- such as: We're going to bring democracy to your region with you, or without you.

And this brings up another question. Has Solana and the EU agreed to support what Bush wants to do. It sounds like it. Regarding implementing Bush's plan Solana said:

It has to be in parallel with putting as much energy on the resolution of the peace process, otherwise it would be very difficult to have success.

And Solana went on to say:

We know very well reforms are difficult. It is much easier to say than to do it.

Here's what I'm beginning to think: The EU and the US have agreed to work together. The EU wants the settlement of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. And the US wants to bring democracy to the entire region. So, they're going to do both.

And it look's like Solana and the Bible finally agree about something.

Israel has become the center of gravity.

03-02-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/center_of_gravity.htm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing the Expected

France and Germany are doing the expected. They are presenting their own, alternative version of President Bush's Greater Middle East plan to the EU Presidency (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=14679

And if you've been following the news, you are aware the EU's Javier Solana has also had some negative things to say about Bush's plan. However, Solana -- also as expected -- has been more diplomatic in his choice of words.

As I've been reporting, the competition between the US and EU over control of the Middle East is growing. And although on the surface they appear to be working together, below the surface there is a battle raging.

President Bush wants to bring freedom and democracy to the troubled region. The EU leaders are taking a stand against this idea. Why? Are they against freedom and democracy? I don't think so. I think they simply don't like America being involved in the first place. So, they're doing the expected -- they're taking an opposing side to whatever America wants to do.

But like I said, Solana is too shrewd to show all his cards. He knows he still needs America to accomplish his long term goals for the Mediterranean. But, he also needs the EU member states. So, Solana is playing the role of the man in the middle. You could say, Solana's office is what bonds this fragile alliance over the Mid-east between the EU and the US together.

Yet I believe the day may soon come when Solana, or some future High Representative, will show his cards. And when he does, it won't be what is expected by the unbelieving world. But of course, that won't be the case for us.

For us he'll be doing the expected.

03-04-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/doing_the_expected.html

Wednesday, 03 March 2004

Middle East: Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process At Heart Of U.S.-EU Regional Cooperation

By Ahto Lobjakas

At a high-level meeting in Washington earlier this week, a European Union delegation indicated its broad support for an ambitious U.S. initiative to encourage reform in the so-called Greater Middle East. However, the delegation told Secretary of State Colin Powell that the drive cannot succeed without also addressing the Middle East peace process, paying heed to EU expertise in the area, and allowing for close consultation with the countries involved.

Brussels, 3 March 2004 (RFERL) -- The European Union has told the United States that it is ready to cooperate on Washington's ambitious plans to transform the Greater Middle East, but at a price.

To enlist EU support, the United States must acknowledge the EU as a genuine partner and take on board the bloc's key concerns, as well as modify its plans to take account of long-standing EU projects in the region.

The bloc also does not consider Afghanistan and Pakistan integral parts of the region. In the words of one EU official, their inclusion -- apparently desired by the United States -- would take the project "halfway to India."EU officials have told RFE/RL that the bloc's representatives -- foreign policy chief Javier Solana, Irish Foreign Minister Brian Cowen, and the EU's external relations commissioner, Chris Patten -- urged the United States to put the Mideast peace process at the heart of the Greater Middle East initiative. At a 1 March press conference, Cowen -- speaking as the current EU chair -- stressed that lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority is essential to the stability of the entire region.

One EU official said that if the Mideast peace process is left out of the discussion, the initiative "won't be taken seriously" by the rest of the region.

Differences were said to persist after the Washington meeting. Officials say the United States rejects a role for Palestinian chairman Yasser Arafat and argues that the Palestinian side is "not delivering on security." In parallel, officials told RFE/RL the United States appears to be overly supportive of Israel's recent unilateral steps, among them the plan to remove its settlers from Gaza. One official said that while the EU finds the Israeli steps "interesting," they must be part of a wider package agreed with the Palestinian Authority. For instance, without consultation with the Palestinians, a dangerous security vacuum could emerge in Gaza.

In Brussels, European Commission spokeswoman Emma Udwin told RFE/RL that, apart from the peace process, the U.S. plan must take account of existing EU initiatives.

"We think that the Middle East peace process must be clearly at the center of everyone's thinking, because we simply won't be credible if it is not. And it's important, too, that we don't reinvent the wheel. We have all the structures of the Barcelona Process. We have a new initiative being launched this year with action plans for some of the countries we are talking about under what's called the European Neighborhood Policy, and it's important that we don't try to invent new structures where they're not needed. So, we're at an early stage in talks with the Americans. We need to make sure that anything we do has value added and that we make sure that we are doing something that will bring real results, not just fine words on pieces of paper," Udwin said.

The Barcelona Process -- launched in 1995 -- is the EU's main policy instrument for engaging the southern and eastern Mediterranean countries. The EU uses contacts within the Barcelona framework to encourage political and economic reforms and to foster cultural and social dialogue from Morocco to Lebanon and Syria.

An EU official told RFE/RL that the bloc's record shows that progress is possible "without taboos," adding that it must be based on two-way contact. The official said trying to "tell the region what to do could kill the [u.S.] idea."

To highlight the importance the EU attaches to contacts with the partner countries, Solana will in the coming weeks travel intensively in the region and attend Arab League meetings.

Udwin also stressed that dialogue is essential for the success of any attempt at transformation in the Wider Middle East.

"We do welcome the Americans' intention to engage in the long term and in a comprehensive way that looks at social and economic and reform aspects of the relationship of this part of the world. That is to be welcomed. We hope that they will agree with us that their wish for greater involvement, their wish to see joint initiatives, are more likely to prosper if the region itself feels that it has ownership of what is proposed. We think that it'll be very counterproductive if countries in the region feel that they are receiving instructions," Udwin said.

EU diplomats say the U.S. "language" at this week

Two Beasts Rising 2

The recent developments are especially intriguing for Constance Cumbey and me. If you recall, Constance became alerted to the Barcelona treaty signed between Israel and the European Union back in November 1995 because of a large earthquake that occurred the same day.

And if you've been following the news, you are aware the EU is offering the US help in implementing President Bush's Greater Middle East plan. However, there is a catch. Firstly, the US must place the settlement of the Israel/Palestinian dispute at the center of the plan. And secondly, the US must use the EU's existing Barcelona agreement as the platform on which the new Middle East is built (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2004/...61590A4915.html

Now we learn the US and EU are planning on using NATO forces in the region to get the job done (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/401668.html

If you've been following my commentaries, you know this is what I've been expecting. In fact, last April I wrote a commentary titled Two Beast Rising. Below is a little from last year's commentary:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Beasts Rising

In the book of Revelation, however, we see two beasts rising over Israel in the end-times -- the beast from the sea and the beast from the earth (Rev. 13). The first beast from the sea is easily identifiable by its 10-horns as the same beast Daniel saw -- Rome. The second beast from the earth, however, has not so easily been identifiable.

Here's my point: If you cut through to the main point of the prophecies about the two beasts that rise over Israel in the end-times, you see a similar situation in today's news. For example, a Financial Times analyst is saying what is tearing the United States and Europe apart today is over who ends up controlling the Middle East. And, the author is suggesting the answer to the dispute is for the two powers to share control over the region.

In other words, the US and Europe should stop fighting and coordinate their efforts to finally bring lasting peace and security to the Middle East.

Question: Is this the beginning of the rise of the two beasts of prophecy?

Considering the simplest meaning of the prophecies, that's the way things look right now.

04-21-2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Two Beasts Rising 2:

Here's my point: If the US agrees to use the EU's Barcelona treaty as the platform on which Bush's new Middle East is built, from a strictly geo-political perspective, the EU (revived Rome) beast will have risen over Israel first. And, the US (US/UN's Babylon) beast second -- just like the Bible predicted about two beasts rising (Rev. 13).

Now I know there is a religious side to the second beast. In Revelation 13 the second beast is called the False Prophet. Yet as I've said, a beast in Bible prophecy is both a king and his kingdom. And I strongly suspect the kingdom the False Prophet will use is the UN. And, I believe American power is now being employed to bring this to pass.

One more thing: American forces are so tied up in Iraq, it look's like the NATO forces that will be employed to settle the Israeli/Palestinian dispute will be European. In other words, from the European pillar of NATO -- the 10 Western European Union nations.

Better stay tuned!

03-06-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/two_beasts_rising2.html

Time Is Running Out

Sunday Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak told British Prime Minister Tony Blair thanks, but no thanks. Evidently, efforts were on the way trying to get Egypt to send forces into the Gaza Strip to fill the security vacuum that would be created when Israeli forces withdraw. And Sunday Mubarak rejected the idea . He said:

It's a trap set for us because we would find ourselves in a situation of confrontation with the Palestinians ... And, if there is a problem, we could even find ourselves in conflict with the Israelis (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/402375.html

And today Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia met with Blair and scolded the United States for inaction and called on the Quartet -- the US, EU, Russia and UN -- to stop just singing about peace and do something. Qureia warned:

Time is running out for the two-state solution. The moderates and the forces of peace are losing their credibility as time passes (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...0641EST0479.DTL

In the mean time, Israel Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is preparing to implement his disengagement plan. Although refusing to send troops to patrol the Gaza, Egypt is nonetheless fearing the security vacuum Israel's withdrawal will create and is begging Israel to allow more Egyptian troops stationed along the Gaza border.

Here's what I think: I think the Palestinian Prime Minister may be right. Time may well be running out. If the moderate voices in the Middle East are to continue to be heard, they will need protection from the radical elements after Israel withdraws from Gaza. The international community will have to do something -- and do it soon.

And if you are a student of Bible prophecy, you know what this could mean (Daniel 9:27).

Yes indeed, time may be running out.

Are you ready?

03-08-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/time_running_out.html

Int'l Gang Back Kerry

Things aren't as simple as we'd like them to be. It's not as easy as the left against the right, or the Democrats against the Republicans. Of all people, we Christians should know that.

And history clearly warns us it's dangerous when religion and politics combine. However, Democratic presidential candidate Senator John Kerry really scares me. Here's why:

For many young people, the sixties was a time of choosing sides. Not everybody saw the choice before them exactly the way I did -- a choice between Christ and the antichrist, but most saw it in their own way. And, they made a choice. Some accepted Jesus and the Spirit of God. Others -- whether they knew it or not -- accepted the spirit of anti-christ.

In Europe today most of the leaders are products of the sixties. In other words, they too made a choice. And it's plain to me which choice they made by their continuing political moves towards deeper European unification. They're like blind men building their own cage, unaware of what they're doing. And in my view, their blindness can only be explained by the antichrist spirit that is leading them.

And this brings us to Kerry. From what I've read about Kerry, he appears to have made the same choice as the European leaders. Kerry is a internationalist. In fact, it's been reported Kerry when he was young once suggested bringing American forces under the control of the United Nations. And although a Vietnam veteran himself, Kerry sided with the radical left, anti-war movement by giving testimony before Congress against the same American forces he had fought with.

Now it's being reported Kerry told his people in Florida foreign leaders were supporting him in his bid for the White House. Why doesn't this come as a surprise?

The fact is, whether you like him or not, President George W. Bush has stood up to the international gang from the beginning of his presidency. One of the very first things Bush did after taking office was to unsign the Rome Statute that former President Bill Clinton signed.

If you recall, it was the Rome Statute that created the International Criminal Court. And if the treaty was left signed, foreign laws would soon take precedent over the United States Constitution.

That's why Kerry scares me. And that's why I believe the international gang is supporting Kerry. The bottom line is, I fear we could be one administration away from the final world order of Bible prophecy.

Yes, in the sixties my generation made a choice.

Now it's another generation's turn.

Stay tuned.

02-09-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/intl-gang_back_kerry.htm

Wise As Doves

It hurts to have an unbelieving family member. It hurts even more when that someone you love doesn't love you. That's how I feel about the Jewish people.

Perhaps this explains my reaction to today's news. The EUobserver is reporting a recent pole conducted by the EU Commission revealed 85 percent of the Israeli people want to join the EU. At the same time, the report says the vast majority acknowledge the EU is anti-Semitic (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?aid=14751

Jesus once warned His disciples:

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves (Matthew 10:16 New American Standard Bible).

It appears to me the Israeli people are doing the opposite. Instead of being wise as serpents, they're being wise as doves. And, it may not be long until they are devoured by the EU beast.

Don't they realize a nation is it's people? If the European people are anti-Semitic, the EU will also be anti-Semitic.

Will the Israeli people ever wake up? The Bible tells us they will. But according to Jesus, when they do it will be too late. It will be when they see the abomination of desolation in their rebuilt temple (Matthew 24:15).

And, I don't think that day is far away.

02-10-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/wise_as_doves.htm

EU's 9/11 ?

Today Spain suffered her worse terror attack in history. A number of bombs -- some reports say as many as 10 -- exploded during Madrid's morning rush hour. One report I read said the death toll had reached 180 and the injured 1000 (Read about it here)>>>> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040311/D818AGE00.html

(And here)>>>> http://www.time.com/time/europe/eu/article...,599760,00.html

Who did this act of mass murder? The Spanish government is blaming the Basque separatist group known as ETA. That's because members of this organization recently were caught with explosives in their car.

However, if it was ETA, this will mark a major escalation in their tactics. That's why some are suspecting al Qaeda may have played a role in this attack.

As I thought about this, today's date came to mind. Then I realized something. Today is March 11. That means this attack in Spain occurred exactly 2 1/2 years after America's September 11.

And this may bring up some good questions to consider. Was al Qaeda involved? If so, will this attack in Spain become the EU's 9/11?

As I've reported before, there is an emergency powers clause in the Western European Union's Assembly Recommendation 666. This power is given to the EU's High Representative -- currently Javier Solana (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.eubusiness.com/afp/040311105735.5s31ifsu

Furthermore, Spain is a member of this 10 nation military and mutual defense alliance.

Could something like this event in Spain someday trigger Recommendation 666? I think it's highly possible.

Stay tuned!

03-11-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/eus_9-11.htm

Now The Aftershocks

The big question is who did it. If ETA was alone behind the Madrid bombings, there will be a slight sigh of relief in some circles. That's because ETA is seen as a home-grown terrorist group in Spain. However, if an Islamic connection is made, serious aftershocks may follow (Read about it here)>>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3500958.stm

Already the leaders of Europe are coming together in support of Spain. It reminds me of the way America's leaders, both Republican and Democrat, came together after 9/11. Now Europe's leaders are doing the same (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp...w/75197/1/.html

What kind of aftershocks? For one thing, the sleepy military alliance known as the Western European Union may awaken. The reason is, article 5 of their modified Brussels Treaty binds these 10 EU nations together in mutual defense agreement. And another possible outcome could be a very negative reaction by the populations of Britain, Spain and Italy to their leaders who supported the Iraqi war against their will.

I must admit, I'm a bit suspicious. After all, here at Fulfilledprophecy we are aware of the Bible prophecies. In the end-times, a 10 nation alliance is to rise over Europe. And for this to occur, a terrible bombing like this could certainly help bring this event about.

Like I said, now the big question.

And the aftershocks.

03-12-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/now_the_aftershocks.htm

Worst Fears!

We're in for a ride. The Spanish government is almost certain it was Islamic extremists who killed 200 people in Madrid Thursday (Read about it here)>>>> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...08&section=news

Here's the situation: They happened to find a van that contained detonators and a tape about the Koran in Arabic. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Let's see: In less than 50 days the EUbeast will have 10 new little heads to contend with. The poor thing already has 15 heads spinning around. Soon it'll have 25! Could this somehow have something to do with what just happened in Madrid?

Why am I thinking such a thing? Because, if the prophecies about the rise of 10 kings in Europe are now being fulfilled, we can expect things like this. If you recall, Hitler in his rise to power had a building burned down and blamed it on the Jews.

Am I saying things similar to what Hitler did could be happening now? No. What I'm saying, in light of these end-times prophecies, nothing would surprise me.

The fact is, for some time now I've been wondering if some emergency might trigger Recommendation 666 before the 10 nation alliance looses its majority in the Council. And I don't know what could better fill the bill than a European 9/11.

Stay tuned!

03-13-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/worst_fears.html