• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Mounting His White Horse

The private yacht cruising off the Greek Islands was the Alexander. Inside the luxury vessel were the European Union's 15 current heads and 10 future heads. The twenty five European leaders were called together by the Greek presidency to discuss one important issue -- what to do about America (Read about it here).

The choices before these leaders were simple. Either they do nothing and allow their new, super EU to continue playing second fiddle to the United States -- as British Prime Minister Tony Blair suggests -- or they do as the Greek presidency is suggesting -- what ever is necessary to overcome their differences and learn to speak with one more powerful voice.

And although their choices were simple, the complexity of the issues they may awaken were frightening. If they went along with Blair's proposals, the delicate trans-Atlantic balance would remain much as it is. On the other hand, if they followed what the Greek presidency was recommending, the balance would shift and the world would change.

What was being recommended? The Greek presidency was recommending the EU heads task their High Representative, Javier Solana, to draft a new "European Security Concept" to be ready for approval by the next EU summit in June.

The Greek presidency said Solana was to create a strategy for the EU that has some real bite in it. And, once it was approved, the EU should stick with it.

The stage couldn't have been set better for the Greek presidency to get a desirable answer. All the EU leaders were confined in one place and they had no way to leave even if they wanted too.

The choice was made. Blair's idea for a pro-American "one polar world" was rejected and the Greek presidency's recommendation was accepted.

The trans-Atlantic balance was going to shift and the new, super EU was going to finally learn to speak with one more powerful voice.

Putting this in Bible prophecy terms, soon the foretold leader of this revived Roman Empire will be mounting his white horse.

Who will it be?

I think we may soon know.

05-04-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/his_white_horse.html

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07.05.2003 - 09:50 CET

Patten snubs plan to create EU president

CHRIS PATTEN - the European commissioner for external relations believes that it is high time to adapt the system of six-monthly rotating presidencies but there are more sensible ways of doing it.

(Photo: European Commission)

For the first time, the European Union's external relations commissioner, Chris Patten, has publicly spoken out against the drafted plans to create a powerful EU president.

Writing in today's Financial Times, Mr Patten harshly criticised the idea of creating an EU president, because it would "concentrate too much power in the three big member states that would inevitably dominate this most inter-governmental part of the EU's structure".

Britain, Germany and France are among the big countries pushing for the EU president position. Most of the smaller countries are afraid of the new president position, as they believe this would harm them and their interests.

Mr Patten writes in the FT that it is not a coincidence that the biggest countries champion the president's idea and it is not a surprise that it was rejected recently by 17 smaller ones.

"The proposed post - and the supporting bureaucracy devised to entrench the power of the new office - would drain authority from the other central institutions of the EU and upset the delicate balance that ensures the rights of all member states are equally protected", writes the former Governor of Hong Kong

The EU president position is one of the most controversial issues in the constitutional convention. The Convention has only six weeks left to deliver the new EU treaty.

"Had such a figure been elected a few months ago I do not imagine that either Mr Blair or Mr Chirac, shocked and awed by the dignity of the new office, would have altered course during the recent crisis", Mr Patten writes in the FT. "It would have been left to the hapless new president of Europe to explain at the White House - if he or she could secure admittance - what the world already knew: that Europe was divided".

Press Articles Financial Times

Written by Marit Ruuda

Edited by Honor Mahony

http://euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=11129

BIG TROUBLE FOR A LITTLE HORN

Just as predicted by the Prophet Daniel, the revived Roman Empire will be a divided kingdom. And we can easily see that it is true already. In fact, they are so divided that they appear to be unable to decide on how to go about creating the badly needed new permanent President position.

Daniel 2:41-43 - "Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. (42) As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. (43) And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay."

What we're witnessing here is just a pair of cold feet, from the divided kingdom (lack of unity). And that's without even looking at the ten toes, who are also a mixture of iron and clay (strong and weak). They appear to be getting desperate now, with little time and no solid answers.

All this leads me back to my hunch that I've had almost all along. If you remember way back when, the EU was able to decide on who would lead them in case of an emergency crisis. In such a case, Javier Solana will be given the keys to the kingdom, and I'm sure he would take full advantage of that type of situation. Whether or not it happens that way, I believe that Solana is the one to be watching, because I also believe that if it does come to a vote, then he will still be the winner.

And I can also think of a good world wide emergency crisis. Can you say rapture?? That's all for now folks!! Cheerio!!

Prodi's Worst Nightmare

Have you ever stepped into something you wish you didn't, and after you did, there was nothing you could do about it? That's the way the EU's Commission president, Romano Prodi, must be feeling right now.

The plans for the new, super EU are to be finalized and implemented under the incoming Italian presidency in the last half of 2003. And, wouldn't you know it, Italy's billionaire prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, is once again standing trial on corruption charges that could -- for the second time -- put and end to his right-wing government.

And, believe it or not, part of Berlusconi's defense is to blame the EU's Commission president, Romano Prodi, as being the person who is really responsible for his alleged crime (Read about it here). Evidently, Prodi got involved in some way with Berlusconi's business deal where the crime was supposed to have occurred -- something you know he now regrets.

You see, Prodi is already in a battle with certain heads of some of the larger EU member states. Prodi wants his Commission to be the seat of power in the new, super EU. These member states, however, think the Council -- where they have their control -- should be the seat of power.

And, if you've been following my commentaries, you know what I think. I think the Council is going to win this battle for control. The reason I feel this way is because the Council is where the EU's new 10-nation military alliance is located. And, the Bible tells us the old Roman Empire will be revived under an alliance of 10-kings.

In fact, Berlusconi's dream is to be the one who signs the EU's new Treaty of Rome this December. The question now before us is to see if Berlusconi's government survives long enough for him to achieve his dream.

You see, if it does -- if Berlusconi's dream comes true -- Prodi's worst nightmare just might begin.

Like I said, I think Prodi may have stepped into something he now regrets.

05-07-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/prodi's_n..._nightmare.html

As it stands now, there appears to be a three man race for soon to be President of the EU position. Two of the three really want it bad, and don't mind saying so. The other just appears to be hanging back and trying not to slip up.

Prodi appears to want it the worst, but he very well may have ruined his chances with this latest slip up. He just showed how crooked he really is. Tony Blair appears to want it bad also, and he would be the sensible choice, but the problem is that most of the other Europeans don't trust him, especially since he went against the advice of his own and sided with the hated Americans in the war in Iraq.

There appears then, to be really only one man left. Javier Solana looks like the man of the hour for Europe, but then again, they will always be divided according to the scriptures. I sense much frustration as time is running out. Not only do they need to pick their man, but they also still haven't written and agreed upon a new Constitution, which is supposed to be voted on in December.

Oh and just one more thing. Does anyone know whose idea it was to form a "Quartet" for the Road Map to peace in the Middle East?? That's right, Javier Solana would be the correct answer for this question also. Hmmmmmmmmmm??

The Turtle Challenges Penelope

I've said this before: The politics in the European Union are strange.

The EU is a strange beast to begin with -- it has fifteen rotating heads. This is because it has fifteen different sized, one-headed creatures who take turns every six months being its leader. This naturally leads to problems. Every time a new head takes over, the EU beast changes course and the poor thing can't seem to arrive anywhere.

In May 2004 it will get worse for the beast. At that time it will absorb ten more one-headed creatures into its body. And, if things remain as they are, the beast will have twenty-five rotating heads instead of fifteen.

The EU beast decided it had to do something about its rotating head problem. And, it had to do it before the ten new heads where absorbed and while it still had only fifteen to contend with. So, the beast established a Convention on the Future of Europe where a new way of sharing power could be found that would be acceptable to all its heads and still allow the beast to go in one direction for a time longer than just six months.

Wanting to change things, the EU beast made Val

Prodi pledges EU debate fireworks

By George Parker in Brussels

Published: May 7 2003 20:47 | Last Updated: May 7 2003 20:47

Romano Prodi, the European Commission president, on Wednesday picked up the gauntlet hurled down by Val

Talk about changing times and laws. Get a load of this!! I would say that it definitely qualifies for a changing of laws.--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=11154

09.05.2003 - 07:31 CET

EU constitution ready end of May

Before a complete draft constitution is ready, Brussels will be alive with back-room wheeler-dealing among MEPs, MPs, the Commission and member states. (Photo: EUobserver.com)

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - Work on a future European constitution has entered its last stages with the first complete draft set to be made public at the end of this month.

Val

Another Horse In the Home Stretch

Suddenly there's another horse in the race.

The Convention on the Future of Europe is now in the home stretch in its attempt to settle the power struggle over who will control the new, super European Union. Most observers see what's going on as a power struggle between the EU's smaller member states and the EU's larger member states.

Since the smaller member states feel their interests are better represented in the Commission, they naturally are in favor of a new political structure for the EU that would increase the powers of the Commission. And, since the larger member states feel better represented by the Council, they want to strengthen the Council.

But, unfortunately, the politics in the EU aren't quite that simple. For example, Germany -- the largest EU member states -- isn't for increasing the power of the Council like the other larger states. Germany has instead always wanted a stronger Commission. The only reason Germany recently supported the French and British idea of a stronger president in the Council was if Germany could also have a stronger president in the Commission also.

While this battle over the new EU presidency is raging, another issue is being debated -- who, or what, will run the new EU's foreign and security policy? And, if you have been following my commentaries, you know my money is on the EU's current High representative getting this job, Javier Solana.

Here's why: As far as the bigger states who want to strengthen the Council are concerned, since taking office in 1999, Solana has been their man. And, I've always believed the real power in the EU remains with the heads of state who meet in the Council. But, Solana's term will end in 2004 -- about the same time the new, super EU is to be up and running.

As far as most of the smaller states who want to strengthen the Commission are concerned, their man has always been the Commission's External Affairs Commissioner, Chris Patten. Patten's term also expires in 2004.

Now, here's where the EU politics gets even more complicated: Both sides -- the smaller member states and the larger member states -- want to merge the two offices held by Solana in the Council, and Patten in the Commission, into one new office. The problem is, how can this be done without one side losing power to the other?

This is where that other horse I mentioned earlier suddenly appeared -- Germany's foreign minister, Joschka Fischer. Fischer entered the race by presenting his own proposal to the Convention for how the two opposing sides could come together on the issue of a single foreign minister. In part, his idea is the new super EU foreign minister should be independent of both the Commission and the Council (Read about it here).

And, it's becoming evident Fischer has much support for his plan. Recently, Germany, France and several other states have come out in favor of giving Fischer the job after the office is created (Read about it here).

However, it's my opinion some states will have problems with Fischer's plan. You see, Fischer's plan also calls for the new foreign minister to be the vice-president of the Commission. And, this could shift the EU foreign policy away from the larger member states in the Council -- which I suspect is what Germany would like.

So, am I about to loose my money by betting on Solana getting the job? Perhaps. But, even as I write some important voices in the EU are beginning to speak out against Fischer and in support of Solana (Read about it here).

So, although there's another horse in the home stretch, the race isn't over.

And, I wouldn't count Solana out yet.

05-15-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/another_horse.html

15.05.2003 - 10:01 CET

Fischer discussion creates irritation in Brussels and Berlin

Too early to focus on personalities says the Commission (Photo: European Parliament)

The debate over who will occupy the new post of EU foreign affairs minister continues to centre on the possible candidacy of German Foreign Minister, Joschka Fischer. Following French support for Mr Fischer's nomination, both Brussels and Berlin yesterday (14 May) sent sceptical signals.

The discussions on the EU's foreign affairs minister does not include the issue of personalities, European Commission spokesman Reijo Kemppinen told the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

The Convention on the future of Europe must first finish its debates on the possible power architecture of the EU. However, the fact that Mr Fischer's candidacy for the EU's foreign affairs post has generated such wide debate, demonstrates the support for the creation of such a minister, Mr Kemppinen added.

Critical voices in Berlin

Meanwhile, the idea has raised critical voices in Berlin.

It is shameful that German Chancellor, Gerhard Schr