• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Checkmate For Solana?

Wanting to understand God's plans regarding the time for the restoration of Jerusalem, the prophet Daniel turned to the writings of the prophet Jeremiah. Daniel noticed that God said through Jeremiah that Jerusalem's desolation would last seventy years (Daniel 9:1).

What's interesting to me is the fact that Daniel was himself a prophet. In fact, of all the Old Testament Jewish prophets, there were none greater than Daniel. Never the less, when Daniel wanted to understand God's will concerning Jerusalem, he turned to examine what God had already said in His written word.

According to Jeremiah's writings, the time for Jerusalem's restoration appeared to be near. So, just like you and I after we've finished reading our morning Bible, Daniel kneeled before his God in prayer.

But, this time Daniel's prayer was different -- it was about what Jeremiah's word's had set burning in his heart -- God's promise of restoration for his people and their holy city after seventy years. And, seventy years had passed.

Why am I writing about something that happened so long ago? Because, after Daniel prayed, not only did God send the angel Gabriel to assure him that God would keep His promise, the angel also revealed to Daniel God's plans for Jerusalem far into the future, all the way until the time of the end -- our time (Daniel 9:24-27).

Looking at these passages, we pick up today where it says:

"And he (the prince who will come) will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction; one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate" (Daniel 9 :27 New American Standard Bible).

Here's why I'm bringing this all to your attention: Yesterday I had a DEBK report emailed to me. According to this report, in one brilliant move the European Union's High Representative, Javier Solana, may have just checkmated both Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon and United States president George W. Bush (Read about it here).

You see, I have reason to suspect Solana was the primary intellect behind the formation of the international group called the Quartet, and the creation of the Road Map Middle East peace plan. And, now it appears Solana may have come up with a way to use the United Nations Security Council to force his Road Map plan down Israel's throat without the US being able to do anything to stop him.

I haven't had time to check out the reliability of the DEBK report. However, if it turns out to be accurate -- and I suspect it is -- the implications for Israel and God's people are sobering.

Here's my point: I believe as I write the stage is being set for the seven-year agreement between Israel and the Roman prince that is to come -- the Antichrist.

And, it appears it's being set by Javier Solana.

Stay tuned!

5/16/2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/checkmate_solana.html

Guest kelly

I read that Solana is going to the UN next week to try to force implementation of the roadmap even though Israel is not happy with it and discussions are still in the works. It looks as if he is real antsy to get this through and running out of patience.

It doesn't even make any sense.  Why would the U.S.A. team up with those other nations that hate Israel?  It looks like a trap to me.  Russia backs the Arabs, the EU backs the Palestinians who are also backed by the Arabs, and the UN has never sided with Israel.  So why in the world would we broker a deal with the enemy?  Especially if we call ourselves a friend to Israel?  I sure hope the members of this Quartet don't take a vote, because if they do, the deck is stacked against us and Israel.  And I don't see anything good that could come from this at all. 

Above is a quote from a paragraph in my thread, "WAS THE SHUTTLE DISASTER A WARNING SIGN," and below is a quote from an article from the DEBKAfile, which is posted at the top of this page. It sure looks like troubled waters ahead for Israel, which will probably lead to God's judgment on America. Time is very short folks!!!

DEBKAfile :

The road map is the perfect vehicle. It was formulated with American participation by the UN, EU and Russia. Washington tried to shelve the plan when US secretary of state Colin Powell was on his way to the Middle East last week, but the Europeans and Arabs can easily recover it. First, the Security Council must be called into urgent session to discuss the deteriorating situation in the Gaza Strip and West Bank as a result of Israeli military counter-terror operations. At the end of the debate, the road map will be put to the vote. The US as a signatory can hardly demur or exercise its veto. Neither will Britain oppose the draft for fear of jeopardizing its fence-mending efforts with Europe. Anyway, Tony Blair would rather see the UN assuming a role in the Palestinian conflict than in Iraq.

Guest kelly

Perhaps the beginning of the Gog-Magog war, giving rise to the seven year peace pact. Solanas will be so happy!

Sorry guys, I meant to post the article on the other thread, not to double post it on this one. :laugh:

Guest kelly

RT, Didn't you have a bio sheet on Solanas somewhere? I can't find it and was wanting to make a copy of it. I thought it saw on this board at sometime but perhaps I am wrong since I can't seem to find it.

RT, Didn't you have a bio sheet on Solanas somewhere? I can't find it and was wanting to make a copy of it. I thought it saw on this board at sometime but perhaps I am wrong since I can't seem to find it.

Hi kelly,

Is this the one you were looking for?

http://www.weu.int/Solana_en.htm

If not, I put some of the more important links in the 3rd post of the first page in this thread. I thought it would make them easier to find. Cheerio!!

A Little Help From His Friends

My last commentary was about a DEBKA report that said the European Union's High Representative, Javier Solana, may have just checkmated both Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon and United States president George W. Bush in his latest tour of the Middle East (Read about it here).

How did Solana do it? By proposing to Russian and the Arab leaders the idea of seeking a Security Council Resolution to force implementation of the Road Map.

As I said before, I don't know if the report is reliable. However, my experience tells me this is the type of move we can expect from Solana. And, the fact that Solana didn't bother to heed Sharon's warning not to meet with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat -- and as a result Solana couldn't meet with Sharon -- made me suspect Solana had something else up his sleeve.

Besides, I knew if the report was accurate, we'd soon see signs that such a Security Council Resolution was in the works. And, guess what? We may be already seeing those signs.

The EUobserver is reporting that five EU states are suddenly having a two-day meeting to discuss fighting terrorism (Read about it here). What's interesting to me is who these five states are -- Spain, Britain, Germany, France and Italy. If you recall, all five are members of the EU's new 10 nation military wing under Solana. In fact, these are the most important members and two -- Britain and France -- are permanent members of the UN Security Council.

Question: Is fighting terrorism the only reason these big five are meeting? Or, are they also meeting to discuss Solana's idea? I suspect they are.

Here's why I think this: The EU heads don't believe president Bush at this moment has the political will to push the Road Map on Israel (Read about it here). So, they may well think Bush needs a little help from his friends in the form of a Security Council Resolution.

It'll be interesting to see what develops from this meeting.

5/19/2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/a_little_help.htm