• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks Thunder

Copied and saved for later reference :t2:)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Your welcome Adstar,

I'm glad I was able to help, even if only in a small way. :wacko:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peacekeepers or Landgrabbers?

In my last commentary, I reported France was pushing for the European Union to send peacekeeping forces into the land of Israel to stop the violence.

What interested me about this French proposal was the forces the EU has available -- Javier Solana's new 10 nation Rapid Reaction Force. And this is interesting because, according to Bible prophecy, in the end-times a Roman prince and his 10 kings are to violate a previous agreement and send forces to occupy Israel.

Now powerful voices in the United States and United Nations are also wanting to send peacekeepers into the land of Israel. These people, however, want the peacekeepers to be American and international forces provided by NATO (Readabout it here).

Here's why this is interesting to me: In the end-times two beasts are due on the scene (Revelation chapter 13). And, a beast in Bible prophecy is both a king and his kingdom that rises in some way over Israel.

The first beast is easy to identify as the Antichrist and his revived 10-horned Roman Empire. The second beast, however, is not as easy to identify. But, if you've been following my commentaries, you know what I think. I believe this second beast could be a powerful religious figure working together with a new, more powerful UN. And, this new UN will be headquartered in an American restoration of the ancient city of Babylon in Iraq.

Here's my point: First France wanted to send into the land of Israel peacekeeping forces from Solana's 10-nation military alliance, now people in both the US and UN want to send international peacekeeping forces from NATO.

In light of the prophecies about the two end-time beasts, I have a question.

Will these forces be peacekeepers or landgrabbers?

06-18-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/peacekeepers_...andgrabbers.htm

Putting It All Together

It's time to put all the pieces together. Some of what follows is from another recent commentary, Peacekeepers or Landgrabbers? But, because of time, I wasn't able to deal with the subject as comletely as I wanted. So, I think you'll want to read this also.

It

20.06.2003 - 22:25 CET

Solana offers multipolar view of world

JAVIER SOLANA - the EU foreign policy chief insists the world

EU: We won't play second fiddle to US on road map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corinna da Fonseca-Wollheim Jun. 22, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe will not play second fiddle in the Quartet as it pushes the tempo on implementation of the Road Map, senior European politicians vowed at the World Economic Forum.

German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer, his Spanish counterpart Ana Palacio and European Union Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana were in belligerent spirits, fighting back against the notion that Europe lacks either the capacity or the stomach to play a major role in the region.

"I think that Europe has a more elaborate toolbox than the US," Fischer said when asked what concrete contributions Europe can offer during a discussion on Europe's role in the Middle East. "We have the Euro-Mediterranean Agreement, which was taken hostage by the collapse of the Middle East peace process. But the moment we have real movement again, you will see that a Mediterranean Free Trade Zone will be crucial for relations."

Fischer said the EU works with the Gulf Cooperation Council and now has added Turkey to its ranks.

Turkey, which he said is "based on modern values combined with the great tradition of Islam, will be another very important factor for peace and stability," he said.

He turned to the only American panelist, Senator Joseph Biden, D-Delaware, and said, "You are not direct regional neighbors. We are direct regional neighbors."

Biden, who shrugged off the epithet bestowed on him by some of his political opponents as "the Senator from Europe," said the majority of Americans welcomed a more prominent European role in the Middle East.

For instance, he said Europe would be an ideal moderator in discussions between Turkey and a newly autonomous Iraq about regional water disputes. In reference to the Israeli-Arab conflict, he told the Europeans: "You are more trusted by the Palestinians, we are more trusted by the Israelis. Together, we make a hell of a team."

Palacio underlined the importance of Euro-Mediterranean cooperation, saying the goal is to create an economically integrated area that would have "everything in common but institutions."

When the moderator introduced her as representing the "New Europe," in reference to her country's support of the Iraq war, she retorted:

"You are right, I do represent the New Europe - the united Europe. The Old Europe is a disunited Europe. What can we teach the Middle East? We can teach that there are no unsurmountable differences that cannot be overcome with dialogue."

The sentiment was echoed by Lativian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga, who noted that her country, the poorest of the Eastern European countries that will join the EU next year, had contributed troops and economic resources to the international force in Iraq.

"Latvia has a process of reconciliation to go through after half a century of occupation and resulting demographic changes. We are ready to share our experience in this," she said.

Solana defended Europe against charges it is shirking military responsibility in world affairs, saying there are currently more European troops deployed in peacekeeping missions throughout the world than American troops.

"The troops deployed in Afghanistan are all European," he said. "When the US needs us, they turn to us for help, and they are welcome."

Fischer pointed to the deployment of German troops in international missions when the moderator introduced him as representing "the old, pacifist, Europe."

"As a good pacifist, I, together with my chancellor, twice led my country to war - in Kosovo and in Afghanistan," he said.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1056257306606

23.06.2003 - 09:09 CET

EU agrees to set up defence agency by 2004

Money from the EU budget can be spent to promote research, giving the EU leadership in strategic technologies for future defence and security capabilities (Photo: Notat)

At the EU summit in Thessaloniki EU leaders agreed to set up a defence agency, during the course of 2004, in the field of "defence capabilities development, research, acquisition and armaments."

The new body will be intergovernmental and open to participation by all Member States. Countries not willing to participate in the work of the agency can opt out.

The decision however, establishes an important link between defence and the Union's research activities.

Money from the common budget can be spent to promote research giving the EU "leadership in strategic technologies for future defence and security capabilities" and strengthening "Europe's industrial potential in this domain".

The agency will be focused on "developing defence capabilities in the field of crisis management, promoting and enhancing European armaments cooperation, strengthening the European defence industrial and technological base and creating a competitive European defence equipment market", according to the Presidency conclusions from Thessaloniki.

Presidency Conclusions Thessaloniki European Council, 19-20 June 2003

Written by Lisbeth Kirk

Edited by Paul Kidner

http://euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=11826

Solana's Secure Europe and Better World

The most amazing thing is happening. Just last week, the fragile world order lay fractured and nobody knew what to do about it. Now, suddenly, a man may have appeared with a solution.

Here was the problem: The Iraqi war was threatening to turn old friends into new enemies. Some EU member states -- such as Germany, France and Belgium -- strongly and openly opposed America going to war in Iraq. Others -- such as Britain, Spain and Portugal -- fully supported the war. Then there were all the remaining EU nations, on both sides of the Iraqi issue, who also had strong feelings but stayed out of the fight.

To make matters worse, an unusual heat wave awaited the EU heads when they gathered in Greece for their important June summit. At this summit the EU heads would be tackling the most difficult and controveral issues over what shape their new, super EU would take.

This was the setting for the EU's High Representative, Javier Solana, to present his 10-page document. It was titled, "A Secure Europe in a Better World." And, it's goal was to give the EU a new foreign policy that would achieve what its name implied (Read about it here). Click on the link : http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/eu030623.html

Solana's plan had three basic parts. First, it called for the EU to contribute more resources to establishing economic and political stability in their neighborhood. Second, it called on the EU to build an international order. And third, it called for the EU to strengthen its civil and military capacity to deal with the threat of weapons of mass destruction and rouge states.

There was nothing really surprising about Solana's plan. What was surprising was the way everybody loved it. France loved it because it would created a multipolar world to counter American dominance. Germany loved it because it would build an international order. Britain, Spain, Portugal and the 10 new EU members loved it because it stressed the importance of maintaining good relations with America and the Atlantic alliance. Even the United States liked this part.

Another thing that interests me about this is the timing. Solana couldn't have delivered his proposal at a better time. As I mentioned before, the EU heads were discussing the blueprint for their new EU. And, part of this blueprint called for a much more powerful EU foreign minister who will have a seat in the Council next to the heads of state. Not only that, this new foreign minister will also have the authority to sign treaties for the EU. In other words, as far as foreign policy goes, whoever holds this new foreign minister post could end up being more powerful than even the new EU president.

Like I said, just last week the fragile world order lay fractured and nobody knew what to do about it. Now, suddenly, a man may have appeared with a solution.

If I were looking for a foreign minister, I know who I'd choose.

06-24-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/secure_better_world.htm

The World's Single Voice

Last October I reported that the the EU's Commissioner for External Affairs, Chris Patten, had traveled to America with quite an offer. Believe it or not, Patten actually offered the United States all the kingdoms of the world. Here is some of what I wrote:

"Recently, US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's notified the Western European leaders of America's plans to turn NATO into a rapid reaction force. Some of these leaders feared that turning NATO into a rapid reaction force would undermine the EU's own force being formed under the direction of their High Representative, Javier Solana.

Yet, as I said before, my experience told me Javier Solana should not to be counted out just yet. And now it's being reported the EU's Chris Patten paid a visit to Chicago last Thursday and made the US an interesting offer. Here's the deal: If the US would help strengthen Solana's rapid reaction force, the EU would help hand over to the US all the kingdoms of the world.

Quoting directly from the Euobserver, "He (Chris Patten) thus suggested a model in which the US could be the leading participant in a system of co-operative global governance" (http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?sid=9&aid=7806).

Here's my question: Is this an offer from Solana to Bush?"

Now it look's like the EU is making that offer to President Bush again this week at the US/EU summit being held in Washington (Read about it here by clicking on link). http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...5/06/2003_31139 And, this time there is no question from whom this idea is coming.

Our world may once again have a single voice -- Solana's.

06-25-2003

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/world's_s...ingle_voice.htm

27.06.2003 - 09:57 CET

[salt&pepper] Treated like criminals!

EUOBSERVER / SALT&PEPPER - The European Commission is proposing to treat European citizens as criminals or at least as criminal suspects.

This could be the conclusion if you learn about the Commission's plans to put biometric data (fingerprints, iris scans or DNA) on a chip into the passports of all EU citizens. The heads of state, who met in Greece last week, already gave the "green light" to begin the process.

Somehow - obviously - I suffer from a clash of realities: Didn't a lot of people last year talk about "democratisation" of the European Union and making it more "citizen friendly"? - Right: this event was called the "Convention on the Future of Europe". Obviously the future of Europe now begins with the need of EU citizens to provide their most intimate data to the state.

Personal data protection

And assuming that the EU constitution will be adopted shortly, the citizens will give this intimate information to a state, which is about to get a "juristical personality". Instead of its "personality" we should much more discuss about its "character", because I am afraid, a personality without an ethical character could be a threat to democracy. Where are the voices of all those Convention members? Did anyone of them give a statement against the commissions proposal? Who of them will fight against it?

Oh... I forgot... their job is done: Luckily they put the Charter of Fundamental Rights into the draft constitution which states in Article 8 - Protection of personal data:

"1. Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her.

2. Such data must be processed fairly for specified purposes and on the basis of the consent of the person concerned or some other legitimate basis laid down by law..."

But can this article prevent the law from being passed - I mean practically? Does the Charter define, what are the criteria for an "other legitimate basis", does it define, how law has to be made in this respect and who shall control the procedure to guarantee that fundamental rights are in fact granted?

If the Charter does not provide a clear procedure how are people really protected? If it does not define sharp limits for any cutbacks of citizens' rights, it should be filed in the category of "bedtime-stories".

So I scratch my head...trying to think hard: Provided this law will pass and they ask me for my personal data... Shall I give my fingerprints - or even my DNA - to a growing state which does not fulfil the minimum standards of a modern democracy? Where there is no separation of powers? That has a parliament, which has no right to initiate law? Where - instead - non-elected public servants have the monopoly to initiate law, which in the end is decided by the executives of the member states - avoiding control by their national parliaments?

Democracy?

Perhaps I am too na

Guest MARANATHA-NOW

Thunder, how are you

The article sounds like there is an organized process that will eventually require all the citizens of the world to give into this initiation. The final culmination being a mark on the right hand or forehead. It is right under our noses, it is a shame that some refuse to see it. Peace, but not yet.