IGNORED

How will we tell the difference between 'the angels' and the 'resurrected or changed' once ALL have received their spiritual bodies?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Just read Michael Heiser's book, Angels.

"Angel" is a job title as well as a generic term for elohim. It's like calling a salmon a "fish". Or calling a human a mailman.

Hi Still,

I AM so going to need clarification here.  Are we talking about the same word? 

430. elohim ►
Strong's Concordance
elohim: God, god
Original Word: אֱלהִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: elohim
Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem')
Definition: God, god
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
pl. of eloah
Definition
God, god
NASB Translation
divine (1), divine being (1), exceedingly (1), God (2326), god (45), God's (14), goddess (2), godly (1), gods (204), great (2), judges (3), mighty (2), rulers (1),
shrine* (1).

same as in NT

2316. theos ►
Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Definition: God, a god
Usage: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.
HELPS Word-studies
2316 theós (of unknown origin) – properly, God, the Creator and owner of all things (Jn 1:3; Gen 1 - 3).

[Long before the NT was written, 2316 (theós) referred to the supreme being who owns and sustains all things.]

As for the book, is it going to tell me something Gods words doesn't? Because I don't know why I sould leave the pure words of God to go after the words of a man.  It makes no sense to me.  Especially because so far, the one thing I have found to be true about following the Holy Spirits leading is the elimination of contradictions, with the words of God anyhow, as for with men...that's a different story.  

d

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

As for the book, is it going to tell me something Gods words doesn't? 

He is an expert on ancient languages and cultures. It will give God's word the correct perspective. i.e. that of the people alive at the time each book was written. It's a couple of levels above strongs. He helps us to understand what the "pure" word may be, vs the content of any English translation, which can never be absolutely precise. 

I'm reading another book right now from an author with a similar ministry. It's called Old Testament Theology for Christians

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0830851925/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A friends daughter was taking a class in a Christian college regarding ancient languages, specifically those from which our modern bibles came. I asked here which is the best version that can show you what the bible really means. She said the only way to REALLY know what it really means is to understand the original language in which each book was written, because everything else is flawed, and sometimes overtly so. 

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

2316. theos ►
Strong's Concordance

Regarding Strongs, it does mention Psalm 82: 1,6

"God has taken his place in the divine council;
    in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:"

"I said, 'You are gods,
sons of the Most High, all of you;'" (ESV)

The word for "God" and "gods" are the same word. Strongs 430

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

Also: God (I) אלהים - Brill online reference works

At its core, elohim is a generic term for "someone in the "unseen realm" of the spiritual world vs someone from our physical world. God is elohim, Satan is elohim, the angels and demons are "elohim". The other gods that Yahweh made responsible for parts of the world (the other gods in Psalm 82) are called elohim. 

However, there is one Yahweh. He is elohim and the creator of all, including the elohim (other spiritual beings) as well as everything in the physical realm. He created Eden as a place to fellowship with man. And that will continue as it was meant to when the New Jerusalem comes down as described in Revelation.

At least, the above is my opinion.

Edited by Still Alive

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

He is an expert on ancient languages and cultures. It will give God's word the correct perspective. i.e. that of the people alive at the time each book was written. It's a couple of levels above strongs. He helps us to understand what the "pure" word may be, vs the content of any English translation, which can never be absolutely precise. 

I'm reading another book right now from an author with a similar ministry. It's called Old Testament Theology for Christians

I like the Interlinear.  I don't believe there is anything 'closer' I could get my hands on.  Ask her and see what she says.  

I don't understand the whole thing with understanding who it was written to when.  My faith in the LORD God is such that the Holy Spirit 'highlights' the parts that are for us and what is highlighted for us are not the same words that were highlighted for them because we have such different purposes.  They had the job of getting the word spread through out the world.  Then another generation had the job of copying and hiding it for a while another of getting it printed and into common peoples hands.  

But even when we read in Kings 

2Kings 22:1 Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.

2Kings 22:2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in all the way of David his father, and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.

2Kings 22:3 And it came to pass in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, that the king sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, the son of Meshullam, the scribe, to the house of the LORD, saying,

2Kings 22:4 Go up to Hilkiah the high priest, that he may sum the silver which is brought into the house of the LORD, which the keepers of the door have gathered of the people:

2Kings 22:5 And let them deliver it into the hand of the doers of the work, that have the oversight of the house of the LORD: and let them give it to the doers of the work which is in the house of the LORD, to repair the breaches of the house,

2Kings 22:6 Unto carpenters, and builders, and masons, and to buy timber and hewn stone to repair the house.

2Kings 22:7 Howbeit there was no reckoning made with them of the money that was delivered into their hand, because they dealt faithfully.

2Kings 22:8 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.

2Kings 22:9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the LORD.

2Kings 22:10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.

2Kings 22:11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.

2Kings 22:12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king's, saying,

2Kings 22:13 Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.

2Kings 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

2Kings 22:15 And she said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,

2Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:

2Kings 22:17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.

2Kings 22:18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the LORD, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;

2Kings 22:19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the LORD.

2Kings 22:20 Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

2Kings 23:1 And the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem.

2Kings 23:2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.

2Kings 23:3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2Kings 23:4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel.

2Kings 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.

2Kings 23:6 And he brought out the grove from the house of the LORD, without Jerusalem, unto the brook Kidron, and burned it at the brook Kidron, and stamped it small to powder, and cast the powder thereof upon the graves of the children of the people.

2Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

2Kings 23:8 And he brought all the priests out of the cities of Judah, and defiled the high places where the priests had burned incense, from Geba to Beersheba, and brake down the high places of the gates that were in the entering in of the gate of Joshua the governor of the city, which were on a man's left hand at the gate of the city.

2Kings 23:9 Nevertheless the priests of the high places came not up to the altar of the LORD in Jerusalem, but they did eat of the unleavened bread among their brethren.

2Kings 23:10 And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech.

2Kings 23:11 And he took away the horses that the kings of Judah had given to the sun, at the entering in of the house of the LORD, by the chamber of Nathanmelech the chamberlain, which was in the suburbs, and burned the chariots of the sun with fire.

2Kings 23:12 And the altars that were on the top of the upper chamber of Ahaz, which the kings of Judah had made, and the altars which Manasseh had made in the two courts of the house of the LORD, did the king beat down, and brake them down from thence, and cast the dust of them into the brook Kidron.

2Kings 23:13 And the high places that were before Jerusalem, which were on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.

2Kings 23:14 And he brake in pieces the images, and cut down the groves, and filled their places with the bones of men.

What do we know from this?  That GOD keeps us in His truth.  Men have completely lost it down through the years.  There is no TRULY GOiNG back to find truth.  It isn't found in the LETTERS it is found THROUGH THE SPIRIT.  

Any way, I believe the Holy Spirit gives THIS generation, (whenever the 'this' may have fallen in the past 2000 years) what they need and it isn't the same for all as the jobs that need to be accomplished aren't the same.  BUILDING requires change.  Plans require progress.  I am not looking to fall back and like Paul said, 

Philippians 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Philippians 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Philippians 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Philippians 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Philippians 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Philippians 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

So I am going to keep going as I have been.  No matter how many come against me, the Spirit has given me no conviction to move away from the words of God to the words of man.  I like knowing that what I know comes from them.  There is a peace in that for me.  Maybe one day I will be able to put it down but so far it just keeps getting better and better and doors are opening all around.  I have so many areas I already want to study I don't think I even have enough time to get through those before I find myself either in tribulation or like an angel in heaven

d

5 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I like the Interlinear.  I don't believe there is anything 'closer' I could get my hands on.  Ask her and see what she says.  

I don't understand the whole thing with understanding who it was written to when.  My faith in the LORD God is such that the Holy Spirit 'highlights' the parts that are for us and what is highlighted for us are not the same words that were highlighted for them because we have such different purposes.  They had the job of getting the word spread through out the world.  Then another generation had the job of copying and hiding it for a while another of getting it printed and into common peoples hands.  

But even when we read in Kings 

2Kings 22:1 Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.

2Kings 22:2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in all the way of David his father, and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.

2Kings 22:3 And it came to pass in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, that the king sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, the son of Meshullam, the scribe, to the house of the LORD, saying,

2Kings 22:4 Go up to Hilkiah the high priest, that he may sum the silver which is brought into the house of the LORD, which the keepers of the door have gathered of the people:

2Kings 22:5 And let them deliver it into the hand of the doers of the work, that have the oversight of the house of the LORD: and let them give it to the doers of the work which is in the house of the LORD, to repair the breaches of the house,

2Kings 22:6 Unto carpenters, and builders, and masons, and to buy timber and hewn stone to repair the house.

2Kings 22:7 Howbeit there was no reckoning made with them of the money that was delivered into their hand, because they dealt faithfully.

2Kings 22:8 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.

2Kings 22:9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the LORD.

2Kings 22:10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.

2Kings 22:11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.

2Kings 22:12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king's, saying,

2Kings 22:13 Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.

2Kings 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

2Kings 22:15 And she said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,

2Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:

2Kings 22:17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.

2Kings 22:18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the LORD, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;

2Kings 22:19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the LORD.

2Kings 22:20 Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

2Kings 23:1 And the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem.

2Kings 23:2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.

2Kings 23:3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2Kings 23:4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel.

2Kings 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.

2Kings 23:6 And he brought out the grove from the house of the LORD, without Jerusalem, unto the brook Kidron, and burned it at the brook Kidron, and stamped it small to powder, and cast the powder thereof upon the graves of the children of the people.

2Kings 23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

2Kings 23:8 And he brought all the priests out of the cities of Judah, and defiled the high places where the priests had burned incense, from Geba to Beersheba, and brake down the high places of the gates that were in the entering in of the gate of Joshua the governor of the city, which were on a man's left hand at the gate of the city.

2Kings 23:9 Nevertheless the priests of the high places came not up to the altar of the LORD in Jerusalem, but they did eat of the unleavened bread among their brethren.

2Kings 23:10 And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech.

2Kings 23:11 And he took away the horses that the kings of Judah had given to the sun, at the entering in of the house of the LORD, by the chamber of Nathanmelech the chamberlain, which was in the suburbs, and burned the chariots of the sun with fire.

2Kings 23:12 And the altars that were on the top of the upper chamber of Ahaz, which the kings of Judah had made, and the altars which Manasseh had made in the two courts of the house of the LORD, did the king beat down, and brake them down from thence, and cast the dust of them into the brook Kidron.

2Kings 23:13 And the high places that were before Jerusalem, which were on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.

2Kings 23:14 And he brake in pieces the images, and cut down the groves, and filled their places with the bones of men.

What do we know from this?  That GOD keeps us in His truth.  Men have completely lost it down through the years.  There is no TRULY GOiNG back to find truth.  It isn't found in the LETTERS it is found THROUGH THE SPIRIT.  

Any way, I believe the Holy Spirit gives THIS generation, (whenever the 'this' may have fallen in the past 2000 years) what they need and it isn't the same for all as the jobs that need to be accomplished aren't the same.  BUILDING requires change.  Plans require progress.  I am not looking to fall back and like Paul said, 

Philippians 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Philippians 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Philippians 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Philippians 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Philippians 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Philippians 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Philippians 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

So I am going to keep going as I have been.  No matter how many come against me, the Spirit has given me no conviction to move away from the words of God to the words of man.  I like knowing that what I know comes from them.  There is a peace in that for me.  Maybe one day I will be able to put it down but so far it just keeps getting better and better and doors are opening all around.  I have so many areas I already want to study I don't think I even have enough time to get through those before I find myself either in tribulation or like an angel in heaven

d

Sorry, but I've not time to read a post that long from an anonymous poster on the internet. I mean no disrespect to you. If I were you I'd not read a post that long from me either. However, I want to lock into something you said in the part I DID read:

"My faith in the LORD God is such that the Holy Spirit 'highlights' the parts that are for us and what is highlighted for us are not the same words that were highlighted for them because we have such different purposes. "

I would replace the word "us" with "me", and then I would completely agree with you. 

On a related subject, I find it interesting that, when quoting the OT, the writers of the NT often quoted the Septuagint word for word, yet our modern bibles use the Masoretic text. And not only do the two disagree in some books, but there are actually books in the Septuagint that are not in the Masoretic text - or our modern English bibles. And then there is 1 Enoch being quoted in the NT, but for centuries we've been "prohibited" from reading it. 

It's not as clear as our Sunday school teachers made it out to be when we were children. That's why it takes a lifetime of study, and a few more...;)

4 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Sorry, but I've not time to read a post that long from an anonymous poster on the internet. I mean no disrespect to you

That 'anonymous' poster is the 2 KINGS and Philippians and me.   

I don't know why you believe I copy and paste posts from others.  I do BIBLEHUB for words and definitions but beyond that I PERSONALLY don't feel this is the place for what others write, everything should come from our own fingers tapping on the keyboard.  

I am a little shocked you didn't automatically recognize it but I will chalk it up to 'to long/time consuming' at the time.  Because I am sure you would not say that knowing those where Gods words and not some 'anonymous poster'.  So, no disrespect to me at all. 

I would replace the word "us" with "me", and then I would completely agree with you. 

Point taken.  

On a related subject, I find it interesting that, when quoting the OT, the writers of the NT often quoted the Septuagint word for word, yet our modern bibles use the Masoretic text. And not only do the two disagree in some books, but there are actually books in the Septuagint that are not in the Masoretic text - or our modern English bibles. And then there is 1 Enoch being quoted in the NT, but for centuries we've been "prohibited" from reading it. 

It's not as clear as our Sunday school teachers made it out to be when we were children. That's why it takes a lifetime of study, and a few more...;)

Well, I FIRMLY believe the 'scribes' THAT WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SCRIBES from way back when were there for a SPECIFIC purpose and I am sure that same family (synagogue of Satan) is working today in the words of God for the very purpose you state.  That is what makes me POSITIVE that Gods Truth is only found through the Holy Spirit, SENT to us for this very purpose.  

Ever notice what makes God REALLY REALLY mad?  It isn't all the things we list it like breaking the commandments and the fornication and all the other things we think of as sin, BUT really really mad is from His words being put forth incorrectly or words that are NOT HIS as if they are. 

JUDGMENT STARTS with US.  Not just ME, but all of us here making STATEMENTS as being His Truths better be being sure cause being wrong is the worst thing that can happen to us.   And you can bet when we stand in judgment, the IT IS WRITTEN defense is going to fly just fine, while the Hath God said is going up in a puff of smoke. 

How is it so few take to heart what is written.  Gods truth comes NOT by the letter but BY the Spirit. Just as you make absolutely clear, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MAN TO FIND GODS TRUTHS BY MANS WISDOM.  Yet over and over the Spirit is pushed back in favor of MANS WISDOM and knowledge and the arguments and traditions of man that make void the words of God continue on.

Doesn't history repeat itself.  We are back to the days of Christ walking in the flesh where FAITH in the power of God EVEN IN HIS WORD is almost non existent. The words are KNOWN but the truth of and in them is completely missing.  Christ said I go so that I can send the Holy Spirit AND NO ONE GIVES HIM A PLACE, LET ALONE THE TIME REQUIRED TO LET HIM LEAD.  

HOW MANY TODAY even know what it means to be LED BY THE SPIRIT?  Tell me, when was the last time you asked yourself IS GOD REWRITING THIS AS I GO to give rebuttals to the questions being put forth?  How many times have you answered a question with Scriptures from all over the place and when you went back the next day to do it you couldn't again?  Or went back and read what you wrote and thought, that isn't me, I don't know this stuff?  How often as you are typing are you thanking God for all your blessings and His presence dwelling within you tears streaming down your face thanking the Lord and Saviour for His WORTHINESS allowing you to even experience such things?  You would be amazed at the amount of scripture I don't post because of the 30 second commercial attention span.  You would not be amazed at how many God loving Christians are in such a hurry to HAVE THEIR SAY they don't even bother to read the words of God.  I read them again and again and again...I never tire of them.

I don't mean to offend but I do mean to warn.  But in defense, it was the opening that set the tone.  And on the books that were taken out of todays bible I still go back to GOD being firmly in charge of that, so that the words I have today are the ones I am supposed to have.  We all have different jobs and journeys and measures and appetites and I try to keep that in mind and not to judge another mans servant.  I am heavily flawed,  but nonetheless still trying 

I stop.   d