• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, everyone.

In another place in these forums, I had written,

"Bear with me; I'm trying to get an image of my sentence diagram for Acts 2:30-31. I've got the file, but I'm frustrated in trying to rotate the image 90 degrees to the right.

Anyway, here's the file:"

Alive added,

"Fixed it."

Thank you, Alive, for your help.

Handwritten_2021-10-01_231031.jpg.b0de2e59241f418d618af25b7fb5b726.jpg

Edited yesterday at 09:25 AM by Alive 
rotated file

I wanted to put out a feeler, so to speak, to see if there's an interest in this kind of sentence diagramming for other portions of Scripture.

Personally, I love it, because it puts the whole sentence in a PICTURE that is then easier to see on the whole. In fact, I've noticed that there are MANY Scriptures that would benefit from sentence diagramming, and I've been toying with creating a Diagrammed New Testament.

So, my questions to all are these: Is anyone else interested in such a project? Has it already been done? Does anyone know of such a Diagrammed New Testament in ANY version?

I've put this in the prophecy section because I feel it would be most beneficial to those interested in Scriptural prophecy, but at this time, I'm just interested in feedback. Thank you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I don't get it?!? Are you saying there's a hidden meaning in that verse ? Maybe you could explain the whole diagram thing to me or give me a reference video , website , or whatever that would help explain this type of diagramming to me. I've seen Dr. Chuck Misler do a video that kinda touches on this sort of thing. Its interesting I'll admit but my feeble mind doesn't comprehend it yet lol ? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9

9 hours ago, Greenie said:

I don't get it?!? Are you saying there's a hidden meaning in that verse ? Maybe you could explain the whole diagram thing to me or give me a reference video , website , or whatever that would help explain this type of diagramming to me. I've seen Dr. Chuck Misler do a video that kinda touches on this sort of thing. Its interesting I'll admit but my feeble mind doesn't comprehend it yet lol ? 

Shalom, Greenie.

No, I'm not saying that there's a hidden meaning in the verse; I'm just using a technique I learned in my high school English classes that give a picture-like representation of a sentence. There's a line that extends horizontally under the pure subject and the verb of the sentence; the two words are divided by a vertical line that cuts down to the line and through it a short way. Another line can separate between the verb and a following direct object, again separated by a vertical line that comes down to the horizontal line, but does not cross it. That's the basic sentence without modifiers that one can locate in any sentence (with what is called a "transitive verb"). Then, modifiers, such as articles, adjectives, and adverbs, are shown "hanging off" this horizontal line with diagonal lines below. Some modifiers, such as adjectival or adverbial prepositional phrases, also hang off the horizontal line with the prepositions on the diagonal line, and the objects of the prepositions on new, shorter horizontal lines. "Clauses" and other "participle phrases" will be shown in other ways.

Simply Google "diagramming sentences" for more. You should get some good examples that way. It's a little complicated, but it shows the basic relationship that is true in any sentence, whether in the Hebrew, the English, or the Greek language.

Hope that helps.

Shalom, to all.

I did do a little research, and found Randy Leedy's 2,000-page diagrams of the NA28 Greek New Testament. I went ahead and invested in it. It's an extremely good work, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking.

Still looking for a similar work for the Old Testament, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Shalom, all.

For anyone reading along and considering the matter, I've compared what I wrote to what Randy Leedy wrote:

Because the phrase "seeing this before" is a single word "pro-idoon," that phrase is listed as a single, adverbial modifier to the primary verb "elaleesen," which means "he spoke."

Also, the two phrases "being a prophet" and "knowing that ..." are a compound adverbial modifier to the same primary verb.

The only other noticeable difference between the diagram of the KJV Acts 2:30-31 and the GNT Sentence Diagram of the Greek text, is that the English phrase "according to the flesh" was added by the translator and is not found in the Greek.

Therefore, the GNT Sentence Diagrams will prove invaluable to me, as they already have, in future considerations of the finer points of a NT text.

Shalom, everyone.

I've found a book (but I've not looked into it, yet) entitled Diagramming the Scriptures by Shirley M. Forsen. I'm going to investigate further, but has anyone heard of it? Are there any opinions?

Edited by Retrobyter
to underline the title