Arrabon

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I am going through a pretty major painful trial right now, and I am discovering how satan will attack our faith, and especially he will want us to question the verses of promise we have so much faith in, so we will give up hope and quit trying to stay the coarse.

I am grateful for the other trials God has brought me through, to have those experiences of answered prayer and healing, to look back on, and to even find new verses of encouragement in scripture, as I draw even closer to God, in this time of difficulty, but also a time to exercise a new strength in my faith, that will grow me to a new level of living out my faith, and have a deeper more honest and genuine LOVING and KIND faith, to share with others, believers or not.

Satan wants us to give up, but God says he will never leave us or forsake us, and I must put my Hope in Him.

As Peter said, where else would I go??

Arrabon

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Arrabon said:

We ought not to shrink back from being asked by the Lord - will you leave me also? Even though the Lord was speaking to the twelve (including Judas) it was Peter that answered. Yet Peter took a sword to the last super table and struck off a guards ear. Being tested doesn't prove our lack of zeal it simply proves our whole commitment. What the Lord expressly approves of remains and what is rejected does not mean that we are rejected. It simply means that we grow stronger. May the Lord strengthen your stand against the Devil and grant you deliverance. 

Edited by Kelly2363
Spelling
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

chaff needs to be winnowed from the wheat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

4 hours ago, Arrabon said:

I am going through a pretty major painful trial right now, and I am discovering how satan will attack our faith, and especially he will want us to question the verses of promise we have so much faith in, so we will give up hope and quit trying to stay the coarse.

I am grateful for the other trials God has brought me through, to have those experiences of answered prayer and healing, to look back on, and to even find new verses of encouragement in scripture, as I draw even closer to God, in this time of difficulty, but also a time to exercise a new strength in my faith, that will grow me to a new level of living out my faith, and have a deeper more honest and genuine LOVING and KIND faith, to share with others, believers or not.

Satan wants us to give up, but God says he will never leave us or forsake us, and I must put my Hope in Him.

Arrabon

It appears that you have the right attitude as you go through your trials. You have experienced the value and growth that comes as a result of trusting God in the midst of them. That is a sign of true spiritual maturity. When I go through trials, as I am going through right now, I try to remember James 1:2-4 where he says under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, "count it all joy when you encounter various trials." In the midst of our trials God will work out our defects, build our endurance, and perfect in us whatever is lacking. So with that in mind, I look at trials as opportunities for spiritual growth and character building. However, Satan endeavors to destroy us. But we know that "greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world," and "we are made more than conqueror through Him that loves us." Stay the course brother, victory is ahead.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Kelly2363 said:

We ought not to shrink back from being asked by the Lord - will you leave me also? Even though the Lord was speaking to the twelve (including Judas) it was Peter that answered. Yet Peter took a sword to the last super table and struck off a guards ear. Being tested doesn't prove our lack of zeal it simply proves our whole commitment. What the Lord expressly approves of remains and what is rejected does not mean that we are rejected. It simply means that we grow stronger. May the Lord strengthen your stand against the Devil and grant you deliverance. 

@Kelly2363

Thank you brother, that means a lot to me :thumbsup:.

1 hour ago, bropro said:

Stay the course brother, victory is ahead.

@bropro

Thank you for the encouragement.

I am staying the coarse and God is right there making it possible for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Waggles said:

chaff needs to be winnowed from the wheat.

@Waggles

Truer words never spoken.

Not only am I being winnowed, but God is cleaning house - PRAISE THE LORD!!!

• Praise God! 1