• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Sunday 11-7-21 Kislev 1, 5782 1st. day of the weekly cycle, 47th. Fall Day

A good name is vital for believers in Jesus. Paul’s words in Colossians 3:12–17 remind us who it is that we represent (v. 17). Character is like the clothing that we wear; and this passage puts the “Jesus label” of clothing on display:

Colossians 3:12-17

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

LOL, Walter and Debbie

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Hmph. I thought this was going to be about attaching "in Jesus' name" at the end of every prayer.

This is an in house matter; between God and you. Are you (we) attaching the name of Jesus to get the prayer answered?

heard? the results we want?

It's one thing to identify the Lord Jesus as the one we are praying to or through (as Christians) before unbelievers...

an example: "Jesus Christ heals you!"

But when in prayerful conversation with our loving Heavenly Father, it is not necessary to identify him or Jesus over and over as \

you hear so often in oratory prayers or from those nervous about praying aloud in public...

Think of speaking to your parents... "Oh father, mother, givers of my life, sustainers of my upbringing, providers, guiders, disciplinarians of my miserable hide... mightest I borrow thine keys to the car?"

Religion comes between God and us. God wants to have a meaningful relationship with us, not this pomp and circumstance with long robes and holy smoke and pageantry. That's what man craves. And it is like putting out hand up in the face of God to prevent the more intimate relationship of a child with their Daddy. Abba is daddy in Hebrew. Abba, Father!

Jesus in his messianic office and sacrifice provided the medium through which we pray directly to the Father:

John 16:26–27 (AV)
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

That's praying in Jesus' name!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

IN  THE  NAME  OF  JESUS 

PROVERBS 26:21  as coals are to burning coals and wood to fire ---so is a contentious man to kindle strife---

PSALM 40:16  let all those that seek thee ---rejoice and be glad in thee--- let such as love thy salvation ---say continually  THE  LORD  be magnified---

JOHN 14:14  --IF-- you shall ask any thing in  MY  name I will do it 

HEBREWS 13:15  by  HIM  therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to  GOD  continually that is ---the fruit of our lips giving thanks to  HIS  name---

I  AM  CERTAIN  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  HAS  GOOD  REASON  FOR  TEACHING  THESE  WORDS

LUKE 4:4  AND  JESUS  ANSWERED  HIM  SAYING  IT  IS  WRITTEN  THAT  MAN  SHALL  NOT  LIVE  BY  BREAD  ALONE  BUT  BY  ---EVERY  WORD  OF  GOD--- 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/14/2001

It is a personal thing to me. Sometimes I say it. Sometimes I do not. But if I determine it a problem, (doubtful), I will ask Him. It is between He and me.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/14/2001

As for the original topic, if we present ourselves as followers of Jesus, or Christian, to someone we should do so with humbleness, and truth, not showing pride in self, but love from the Father.