• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Well, Eric, he asked if anyone had this experience. My reply was that I had - and other too. No one is out to scare anyone here. Demons are real. They exist. And they can cause some harm to people. It's nothing to be afraid of if you realize that nothing can happen to you that is not first willed by the Lord. It is further nothing to fear when you realize that all demons - even Satan himself, must flee at the mention of the Lord's name. Not being scary, just being realistic. The Christian life ain't no pleasure cruise, it's a battleship.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sorry God-man I wasn't suggesting that anyone was trying to scare anyone. What I was really trying to say was that I shrugged off the experience I had as a bad dream and in no way did I connect it with any sort of demon attack. I started having these experiences when I was a child before I had even heard of Jesus and still have them periodically, but I dont let them phase me out at all. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:rofl: Hey Everyone~George got me hooked back up on site. I was having technical difficulties, operator type... :laugh:

I agree with George on needing more info. It might help him to "repent" and renounce previous acts done under the power of satan. Make a confession of faith in Jesus (LOUDLY). Most people are not even aware of the doors they have opened that have given the devil free reign in their lives. And he (satan) sure hates letting anyone go too.

I would really like to see if this is the first manifestation since his confession of Christianity or was he previously afflicted.

I have heard of the medical forms of sleep apnea (sp). I was plagued by them in my old life. One time real bad, I woke up one time gasping and coughing trying to get my breath. My legs and arms were already numb from not breathing. Funny thing is I have not had one since I have been saved.

Gem~AKA~Shadow2b~I posted this info WAY back on the thread. You might find it interesting...

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...?act=ST&f=4&t=4

It deals with the night intruders...

I would really like to hear more from our poster...

Much :il: in Christ, Karen

Guest Pyrixeon

The reason I asked this question in the first place is that I feel as though I need something "supernatural" to believe. I should believe blindly, but it's not so easy. I'm just leery of categorizing something natural as demonic. I had experiences like these before, but couple days ago, it felt different. I could barely open my mouth as I uttered the name of Jesus. In my mind, I used the name of Jesus to try to drive away the demon, but everytime I did that, my body felt pressed. Before this experience, I just felt paralyzed, not pressed.

Sorry God-man I wasn't suggesting that anyone was trying to scare anyone. What I was really trying to say was that I shrugged off the experience I had as a bad dream and in no way did I connect it with any sort of demon attack. I started having these experiences when I was a child before I had even heard of Jesus and still have them periodically, but I dont let them phase me out at all. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No problem, dear brother. Sorry if I came off a little too strong there too. :laugh:

The reason I asked this question in the first place is that I feel as though I need something "supernatural" to believe. I should believe blindly, but it's not so easy. I'm just leery of categorizing something natural as demonic. I had experiences like these before, but couple days ago, it felt different. I could barely open my mouth as I uttered the name of Jesus. In my mind, I used the name of Jesus to try to drive away the demon, but everytime I did that, my body felt pressed. Before this experience, I just felt paralyzed, not pressed.

Okay, well first I think that it's important for you to understand the fact of your eternal security in Christ. Dear brother/sister, you are eternally secure in your eternity by the blood of Christ. No man, demon, or angel can take that away from you-even God Himself cannot take that away from you. You have been washed in the blood of the Lamb of God, and the Spirit of God has come to dwell in you to be your eternal hope. You are a genuine regenerated son of God, heir to the glory of God and all the riches of Christ Jesus.

Second, as a son of God you have the authority of the son of God. Your primary authority is through the blood of Christ and in the name of Jesus. This means that when you say "Jesus" you are literally under God's authority. God has exalted the name of Jesus above everything in the universe. There is not higher name. And no one can use that name but God's own people. At the name of Jesus every knee must bow. When you call "Lord Jesus" it is not a small thing.

Therefore, if you believe in Christ and put your faith in His name, then you have the authority as a son of God to cause these manifestations to leave you. However, I would say that maybe looking into a medica explanation is also not out of the question. It does not mean that you lack faith or trust in God to go and see a doctor about what may be a genuine medical condition. But in any case, always pray, pray, pray.....and then pray some more.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Pyrixeon,

I awoke one night a couple years ago to what I believe a demonic attack. I was shivvering cold, my teeth were actually chattering, as was my whole body. It felt like a heavy dark cloud was over my home. I began to pray and got up and walked through the house. Everything I prayed was "In the Name of Jesus" .... etc. Absolutely NOTHING seemed to dispel this darkness. As I was leaving our family room and heading back to the bedroom, suddenly I heard a voice, almost audibly, say: "Remember the blood!" I knew instantly what that meant as I thought of the Hebrews in Egypt when the death angel flew over. I immediately started reminding Satan and his minions that this home was under the "blood of the Lamb", and that we were all covered with the "blood". I had hardly began praying in this way and the darkness vanished. My shivvering stopped and I was able to go back to bed. We have not had an incident like that happen again.

As a follow up to that, I learned that there had been some "witches" in the area the day prior and had been walking around our neighborhood, doing who knows what.

Once, Jesus had some disciples that couldn't cast out demons in "Jesus Name". They were told that this kind takes much prayer and fasting. Well, that was before the cross, and I now know that that blood that was shed for us is a powerful witness to Satan and his demons that Jesus has the victory.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest Calamity

Hi. For the original poster of this thread, I believe the term for feeling or being awake and unable to move is usually called 'sleep paralysis'. Whether or not this is what you experienced, I don't know.

Guest shadow2b
The reason I asked this question in the first place is that I feel as though I need something "supernatural" to believe.  I should believe blindly, but it's not so easy.  I'm just leery of categorizing something natural as demonic.  I had experiences like these before, but couple days ago, it felt different.  I could barely open my mouth as I uttered the name of Jesus.  In my mind, I used the name of Jesus to try to drive away the demon, but everytime I did that, my body felt pressed.  Before this experience, I just felt paralyzed, not pressed.

Okay, well first I think that it's important for you to understand the fact of your eternal security in Christ. Dear brother/sister, you are eternally secure in your eternity by the blood of Christ. No man, demon, or angel can take that away from you-even God Himself cannot take that away from you. You have been washed in the blood of the Lamb of God, and the Spirit of God has come to dwell in you to be your eternal hope. You are a genuine regenerated son of God, heir to the glory of God and all the riches of Christ Jesus.

Second, as a son of God you have the authority of the son of God. Your primary authority is through the blood of Christ and in the name of Jesus. This means that when you say "Jesus" you are literally under God's authority. God has exalted the name of Jesus above everything in the universe. There is not higher name. And no one can use that name but God's own people. At the name of Jesus every knee must bow. When you call "Lord Jesus" it is not a small thing.

Therefore, if you believe in Christ and put your faith in His name, then you have the authority as a son of God to cause these manifestations to leave you. However, I would say that maybe looking into a medica explanation is also not out of the question. It does not mean that you lack faith or trust in God to go and see a doctor about what may be a genuine medical condition. But in any case, always pray, pray, pray.....and then pray some more.

heyyyyyyyyyyyy Gman bro.------you never cease to amaze me with your most insightful posts....-----

thank you very much ------ have you considered a teaching series on the parables yet??.??

{Gary}----- :rolleyes:

Thanks. I may post a few of the footnotes as I did in the other thread. These take a long time to retype or cut n' paste, though, so it will take me some time. They are available online if you want to check them out, however. http://online.recoveryversion.org/index1.asp