IGNORED

demonic attack or not?

Guest Pyrixeon

Guest Pyrixeon

Hi, I'm new to this board, and I'm still an immature Christian. I'll get to the point. Do any of you have these moments during sleep where you're awake but you can't move? I've heard people say that is the demon pressing you down; i've heard others say it's just a physical condition when you're tired. Someone please clarify.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello my dear friend,

If you believe you are under demonic attack, then remember that you have authority over the powers of darkness.

You can simply say; "In the name of Jesus I command any spirits attacking my body right now to go to the feet of Jesus to be dealt with! In the name of Jesus I command this and you must obey."

Are you coming out of an enviroment where you dealt personally with occult practices?

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Guest kelly

I have heard of this as being a medical condition, though not an illness, and if I remember right it is related to sleep, though I can't remember the name of it. Either way, be safe, ask your doctor!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

George, my brother, please dont think I'm trying to be picky here,because I am certainly not, but in another thread, titled authority prayer, in the variuos issues section, I was given to understand that rebuking demons etc in the name of Jesus was not good practice. Maybe I read the others posters wrong. Perhaps you would be kind enough to elucidate. At my stage of my walk with the Lord I have no personal fear of satanic attacks on myself, because I wear the full armour of God, but I have known others who have been given a bad time by the enemy, and have not only prayed for their deliverence, but have also rebuked the enemy in the name of Jesus on their behalf. For years before my salvation, my wife of forty seven years commanded the devil to leave me alone and get out of my life, as well as asking the Lord that His Holy Spirit would open my eyes and unblock my ears and fill me with His word. Until then I was as bad as one can get, but exit the devil and enter Jesus and I've had the socks blessed of me ever since. My wife and I consider we are the most blessed pair in the world. But, hey I dont think the Lord minds if we give satan his beans occasionally and remind him that we are covered by the blood of Jesus and have His victory over him. What do you think George? GBU. eric

Which none of this has anything to do about the original question from Pyrixeon. I do know what he is talking about because the same feeling has happened to me on many occasions. I am awake or appear to be awake and somebody else is in the room and I am absolutely paralised and cannot move even a finger. I try and call out but I cant. However it passes and I usually get up and look around and wonder what its all about. Maybe its the same with our new member, if all this helps. eric

Guest shadow2b
Which none of this has anything to do about the original question from Pyrixeon. I do know what he is talking about because the same feeling has happened to me on many occasions. I am awake or appear to be awake and somebody else is in the room and I am absolutely paralised and cannot move even a finger. I try and call out but I cant. However it passes and I usually get up and look around and wonder what its all about. Maybe its the same with our new member, if all this helps. eric

hmmmmmmmmmm??me first mate eric--man that's straaaaaaaannnggeee in both cases-------I believe karenC has had some EXperiences along this line...-she is in the deliverance ministry & would have a better understanding of this.....WE might get her opinion...see-ya-later-mate-{Gary}

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello Eric,

Whenever I know I am under direct demonic attack, yes I deal with the demons attacking. The bottom line is that I go to the Lord for my defense and for my protection. Now if there's a demonic spirit attacking and I know it's a demonic spirit attacking then I will deal with the demonic spirit in His authority and in His power, but I do not go looking to deal with demons and lift up my protection and defense in the Lord's hand. In this particular case, I believe that this is related to his background. But I cannot be sure so that's why I asked.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hi, I'm new to this board, and I'm still an immature Christian. I'll get to the point. Do any of you have these moments during sleep where you're awake but you can't move? I've heard people say that is the demon pressing you down; i've heard others say it's just a physical condition when you're tired. Someone please clarify.

Yup. I've had that very experience. I've felt pressed down, choked, and woken up with an inexplicable fear that someone was watching me. Calling "Lord Jesus" has done the trick every time.

When I was newly married with my first daugher still being in the crib, we lived in a small apartment complex that I am convinced was inhabited by demons, or that had frequent deominc activity. Once, I awoke in the middle of the night and swore that I saw faces in my closet. I was wide awake, mind you, not in that blurry place between sleep and consciousness. Another time, I woke up in the middle of the night with a feeling of great fear for my life and my daughter's life, and I heard clearly a low growling coming from her room. Immediately following that my daughter began to cry. I got up and immediately ran to her room calling "Lord Jesus." We prayed over her and the apartment. There were few incidences after that.

Guest shadow2b

Hello All,

Shadow wanted me to write and tell everyone my experience with being held down while wide awake.

Ya'll may very well think that I am crazy after this post.

It was about 10 years ago. I was sound alseep and woke up to something holding me down. I was wide awake and could not move. Something huge started beating me about my private area and it was trying to rape me, but it could not enter me. Gary was in bed beside me. I started screaming his name and could not wake him. I screamed for him throughout the whole attack and he did not wake up.

When I finally screamed the name of Jesus this entity left.

Afterwards, I was able to wake Gary up and tell him what happened. We prayed together and I was able to go back to sleep and slept peacefully through the night.

The next morning I had Gary to look at me to see if any damage was done. Gary said that I was bruised badly. I did not go to the doctor because I knew this was a satanic (no big S for this dude) attack and had to be dealt with spiritually.

This never happened to me before this or since.

Dove 2

heyyyyy ya'll--- man this was one weird EXperience for Patsy & i "never" heard her utter one word,

she told me about this & she was kind-a- mad at me for "not" helping her----AHHHH weLL such is the

role of "we" husbands---any how in the a.m. i checked her out & she was in technicolor all over her body,blue,purple,yellowish green large bruises,the night this happened she had taken a shower before going to bed & I saw there were "NO" bruises on her at "ALL".weird to say the least,just thought we would add some EXperiences to this thread & hopefully help someone-----GOD-BLESS-------shadow-gem2b{Gary}

Thank you George et all for your input to this topic My experiwnces seem tame compared with others as I never heard or felt anything except paralysing fear. I put it down to a bad dream and aftrewards brushed it out of my mind. Very interesting G-man and Gary, but it probably hasn't helped Pyrexion in his search for the answer to his problem. We've probably scared the daylights out of him. He needs someone like Karen to give him some encouragement. Just a thought in Christ, eric