• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Spiritual gifts are very real. It does sound like you have a discerning Spirit. Please don't fear or hate it. Pray for that person based on what The Lord shows you.

I'll be praying for you....God Bless.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RJD Servant

Hi

I loved your question and would like to give you advice about it.

I learned it this way.

The Gift of the Holy Spirit and speaking in other toungs as the spirit give you utterance in of God and given to all who ask because all may receive it.

The list of the Gifts of the spirit are apart of Gods Tool Shed where he keeps the Gift and when you have the need of the Gifts that he has listed they are accessible to you any time.

But they are to be used clean and pure in the power of the Holy Spirit and put back untainted by the Fleshliness of man when you are done using them.

Discernment however is always prayed for and cared for by the people you are responsible for. This is a contiued growth around people and working with souls.

Many times it can become a pride for you and work against your life and the people you are trying to help.

If you stay humble before the Lord then he will keep you in the Discernment that you need when you need it.

I am a very intuitive person and discerning person the Lord has given me Spiritual insights that I am responsible for. Many time when you know things about people or happenings God is bringing you information to go to prayer for those involved in the circumstance.

I am very responsible for the actions and manners in which I am privileged with information in the spirit. But any one can abuse this Blessing that is given of God.

Psalms says With much Wisdom comes mush sorrow look it up it is in there.

Notice that many prophets new things before the people and they were alone and were in prayer for the many. People do not like to hang out with insightful people for it is too revealing of those around them giving out the gospel.

I have my husband and children and a few friends but I see things most people do not see and it hurt and I know the life or death of it be for the people and I pray in the spirit with grownings that can not be uttered.

Stay in Christs and uses the Gifts as needed and if you have more Discernment the blood of the peoples souls will be upon your hand for you to pray and intercede on their behalf or speak the truth when the opportunity arises. Compassion and Grace must lead but the answers must be sometimes yah yah or nah nah.

Us a people in this situation have to be in the very presence of God all the time to give out what Christ would have us do in the time of need.

God guide and lead you and keep you in all things and give you the wisdom to do with the diserment that will bring people to the reality of Christ.

RJD Servant :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Gifts of the Spirit are real.

It's hard to explain without sounding arrogant. I see and understand things that others don't. Not only in society, but the bible also.

I've had dreams that came true. Not ordinary events in my life, but things that effected the world around us. It's weird.

Sometimes I am able to physically feel someone elses pain. I don't know if I'm somehow relieving their pain, but I know at times it really hurts.

I don't know....I believe they're real.

:thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that I actually experienced terrible grief over another person's pain, over loss of a family member, even though I had only know this person a week.

It was truly a new experience.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I am unclear, I don't think I have ever used this gift. I think it would be very neat if I did though, since by myself I miss the most obvious! :emot-highfive: this gave me something to pray about, thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I have a question - it might sound really dumb of me -

It is just I am so confused by now that I don't know whom to believe anymore. :rolleyes:

Is there really something like a gift of discernment and do I truly have it.

I have been told by people that I posess that gift but are not sure.

See the thing is I have been told yes of various reasons. I am able to feel other ppls emotions their trials, pain, hurt etc (not always - just some ppl - not everyone) then I though Ok its maybe because I am over emotional. Then the unforseen happen - this year (the year that I struggled most with my faith) I started feeling what ppl felt just by reading their what they wrote. It was totally weird to me and I thought my mind was playing tricks on me - until one day I met one of these ppl and what I felt was the truth. Then I started to question it to someone and that person claims that I has the aformentioned gift - but its hard to believe that I was given something like it.

Some ppl again say that I am just oversensative to ppls emotions because of my past etc.

Now the real question is - what must I believe? I am so confused by now about spiritual gifts exist or not - the right and the wrong church etc.

AND IF I DO HAVE THIS - WHAT MUST I DO WITH IT - BECAUSE TO BE HONEST - I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL - I HATE THESE FEELINGS I GET

Anyone with advice?

PLS desparately seeking some answers. :rolleyes:

Estelle

Sounds more like you have a lot of...

em

• 4 months later...
Guest jckduboise

Stepping into the past with this thread a bit and saw the title I wanted to add my two cents worth.

Discernment is totally different from empathy.

Discernment is the ability to recognize "familiar" spirits.

Empathy is the ability to relate to and feel another persons hurts and pains.

Big difference. However they are both gifts. Discernment is a gift from the Holy Spirit (God) and empathy is a gift we receive because of having lived through pain ourselves.

Anyone care to join in I feel like talking?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/17/1975

Stepping into the past with this thread a bit and saw the title I wanted to add my two cents worth.

Big difference. However they are both gifts. Discernment is a gift from the Holy Spirit (God) and empathy is a gift we receive because of having lived through pain ourselves.

Well I agree with you what you have posted. I have recently changed churches so I am learning regarding this subject. I am no clearer yet from the beginning though empathy vs discernment. But I have found out more and well I am praying to God to let me understand and grow in whichever field He has planned for me. So thanks for all the replies thus far

Guest jckduboise

Well I agree with you what you have posted. I have recently changed churches so I am learning regarding this subject. I am no clearer yet from the beginning though empathy vs discernment. But I have found out more and well I am praying to God to let me understand and grow in whichever field He has planned for me. So thanks for all the replies thus far

Example 1: I am talking to a friend of mine. She just lost her job and is worried about where her next meat for her children might come from. I feel in my heart the worry and fear she is experiencing because I have gone through the same thing or something very similar.

Example 2: I meet someone at a party and there is this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me believe that there is something just not right about this person. I cannot put my finger on what it is and most certainly cannot see into them to explain it but the Holy Spirit is telling me to be wary of what this person carries inside of them. That is discernment.

Of course with discernment a familiar spirit may be a feeling of goodness in the same place as the gnawing sensation.

Does that make the picture a clearer?

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I have a question - it might sound really dumb of me -

It is just I am so confused by now that I don't know whom to believe anymore. :noidea:

Is there really something like a gift of discernment and do I truly have it.

I have been told by people that I posess that gift but are not sure.

See the thing is I have been told yes of various reasons. I am able to feel other ppls emotions their trials, pain, hurt etc (not always - just some ppl - not everyone) then I though Ok its maybe because I am over emotional. Then the unforseen happen - this year (the year that I struggled most with my faith) I started feeling what ppl felt just by reading their what they wrote. It was totally weird to me and I thought my mind was playing tricks on me - until one day I met one of these ppl and what I felt was the truth. Then I started to question it to someone and that person claims that I has the aformentioned gift - but its hard to believe that I was given something like it.

Some ppl again say that I am just oversensative to ppls emotions because of my past etc.

Now the real question is - what must I believe? I am so confused by now about spiritual gifts exist or not - the right and the wrong church etc.

AND IF I DO HAVE THIS - WHAT MUST I DO WITH IT - BECAUSE TO BE HONEST - I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL - I HATE THESE FEELINGS I GET

Anyone with advice?

PLS desparately seeking some answers. :emot-questioned:

Estelle

These, I believe, are provided to you for a reason. I don't know if it's the gift of discernment or not because I don't really try to define the gifts like that. However, I have similar gifts, I can, if the situation is correct, feel something which I perceive to be emotions that other people have. I believe it to be a form of empathy, everyone has this, we can try to feel what others feel or image what they might be feeling, but for some of us it is more developed. This is one of our strengths.

What you need to realise is that this is NOT a form of the occult mindreading and you don't have access to the inner parts of anyone and thus you don't need to feel you are violating anyone's space. This is your spirit, being led by God to experience emotions similar to what others are feeling or could be feeling. Since you are not violating anyone's privacy, and you are not engaging in any sort of spiritualism or psychic reading, don't look at this as something to hate.

Rejoice, Your heart is soft. You can "read between the lines" and you can look at a person's face and know what they are not saying, and thus you can pray for a person's needs more directly, you can "say the right thing at the right time" and you can provide anonymous aid if you think it would be a blessing to the person in question.

It can be draining sometimes when you realise that so many people need so much. But if God reveals this to you, then you should at least pray for them. The act of prayer connects you back to God, who will give you the strength to carry what you see as others feelings. You are one of those who are appointed to help carry the burdens of those who hurt, and rejoice with those who are blessed.

My main advice...besides the above....

get in the habit of rejoicing when you discern happiness or joy in relationship to someone. It's just as important that someone who has good news have someone to share it with and it is uplifting to you as well.