Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

I need some assistance regarding the Scriptures. It must have been 20 years ago that I heard the Tanakh could be viewed / considered to represent three themes (hope that is not a terrible word selection). The three being: those books of Law (Torah), those books that reflect God's Judgement, and those books that speak to His Mercy.

And they are arranged in a certain order... can not remember the order after the Law.

However, when we get to the NT (somewhere) there is a similar reference to these three but the order has been changed. Essentially, there is a switch between Mercy and Judgement in the NT (implying Jesus desires mercy over judgement).

Can anyone direct me to a writing that speaks to this? Or perhaps you might educate me on this yourself...  thanks, Charlie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

TaNaKh stands for  Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Ketuvim. Torah is the instructions (often labeled as the Law). Nevi'im is the Prophets. Ketuvim is the writings that cover the remainder of the older covenant.

I guess you could divide the Brit Chadashah (newer covenant) into Gospel accounts of Yeshua's life, the historical acts of the Ruach, and the epistles. I'm not sure you could correlate them to the divisions of the TaNaKh though.

Edited by NickyLouse
  • Thanks 1