• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Christ calls EACH of us to go out and make new disciples by telling the lost about Him and what He did for us. I talk to so many Christians who say they are embarrassed to witness, like they have to stand on a soapbox in the town square. It doesn't have to be like that. There are opportunities all around us. Do you want to brainstorm on this and help each other become better witnesses and fishermen for Christ?!

WHAT IF, when we stand before Him, He shows us each opportunity missed and each soul we should have brought to Him. Think about that a minute. GULP. I'd rather He say to me, "Well done, Candy. You were a good and faithful servant".

I do best with people I just meet. I feel less intimidated if I don't know the person at all, and just talk to them in non-threatening situations, like at the grocery or in a restaurant. I also wear funny or intriguing Christian T-shirts and jewelry, which starts conversations with strangers!

What do YOU do to follow this commandment from our Lord?

Remember, we are called to FISH, not to CATCH! He has to do that part, Thank him very much!

:)

Guest okiejack

Of course like every other gift from GOD the ability to witness to non-believers varies from individual to individual. And each individual Christian has their own style of spreading GOD's word.

Some Christians shout it from the roof tops. Some write it on paper. Some preach from pulpits. Some carry the Word to foreign lands. Some sing it on a stage and some live lives that speak GOD's truth without saying a word.

I think each individual should follow the urgings of the Holy Spirit in carrying out this ministry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I met my husband fishing. We were next door neighbors and we introduced ourselves and later I invited him over to watch videos. Yes, it was all on the up and up...Christian evangelical videos.

He then began to go home and read an old bible he'd "stolen" from a hotel when he was a young sailor (a Gideon's Bible); he also had a child's bible, which he actually preferred better.

Long story short... he accepted Christ and on the day of his baptism I got him a "user-friendly" beginner bible. We got married a year later.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

TOO COOL Cat! What a story!

:thumb:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I think my problem is that I am embarrased to look hollier than thou. I have it in my mind that I am supposed to shine for the Lord and show His Spirit. Maybe I am wrong and need to speak up. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I spoke up today, but I am not sure I said the right thing. I called a lady who used to work with us, but was laid off, I heard she was ill and depressed. She was so glad to hear from me and tried to cheer her up and said I'd pray for her and she should also pray and ask God for help, there is no shame in needing help. She said she didn't have anyone, I said she had God, a person can not always be with her even if she had anyone, like I had a loving son who cheered me up, but he couldn't be with me on the operating table but God was there. She seemed to agree and said she would pray. Now I am worried about who she will pray to. Should  unbeliever first pray for his salvation before s/he prays for help?

Cat, what a great story! That is really wonderful! ;)

Tatie, you are doing great, sister! Can you call her back? Pray with her over the phone so she can at least hear you pray through Christ. When you finish praying for her, ask her if she knows Him. When she says no, ask if you can come see her. She will say yes. :inlove: She obviously is in need--He has opened the door for you. Don't be scared--let HIM do all the talking. He will, He will! :inlove: This is her wakeup call. Getting laid off, getting sick and depressed--He is TRYING to get her attention! The time is right. And you're the one He's counting on. He is using you! HOW AWESOME!!! You go! :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Hello ~

When someone helps me out, I will tell them The Lord will pay them back 10 fold. If they look at me funny or say something in regards to what I shared with them, then I know the door is opened. Then I shared the "The Good News".

Sometimes I believe it is better to plant seeds. The Gardener, Jesus Christ, will come along to do the rest.

If everyone planted one seed, what a harvest there would be!

Blessings to all,

Snowdoove :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Amen Snodoove!   :thumb:

God is using my little adopted Jacob now to help me witness. All my friends (saved and unsaved) knew of Jacob and had seen his picture. I talked of him often. Now when I tell them that Jacob has died, I have the opportunity to tell them how God used me, and how awesome that is, and they are asking questions about my faith!  :)

It's like a snowball, and it just keeps growing. Now I'm, for the first time, able to witness to my closer friends! (I've always been as timid as everyone else in that respect!)

snowdoove, you are so right. ONE seed each---that's nothing! Yet what it would bring to our Lord!

I want to start a fire here, to get other Christians as fired up about witnessing and LOOKING for opportunities to share faith as they are to DEBATE minute little points about denominations. Ya'll help me? CRUSADE!!!  ;)