• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

9 hours ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

Thank you for all your replies. It helps a lot. A scripture that came to mind that brings me comfort right now is Romans 8:35-39.  It certainly felt like satan had devoured my fathers soul in the end. But nothing in life and nothing in death can separate us from God. My dads end story is about victory. With the help of his praying children and the power of God, this evil spirit parted from him. 

My sisters who are nurses told me this experience changed them spiritually. So maybe that is why God allowed this to strengthen their faith and show them that the spiritual world really does exist. For me, I believe God wanted to show me what victory really looks like. In the end God wins every battle. Nothing can pluck us out of his hands not even satan himself. My dad fought this very last spiritual battle, won, and is now at peace and resting with his Abba Father. That gives me great peace. 

I think you may be right. As I've thought about it, maybe these kinds of situations are used to remind us of our total dependence on God. Even after a life dedicated to God, we are still full of sin, and can still easily fall away. It is God working in and through us, with his power and his grace, that saves us. We are powerless on our own. All glory goes to God for granting both our dads their victory and rest in the end!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. Just a quick note in support of what others have said about dementia. It's a horrible condition. Some people with it are the sweetest ever and others get completely, sometimes violently mean and ugly. My grandmother fell into the latter category. I don't hold it against her, and I truly don't believe God does, either. It was just a manifestation of elements of her history coupled with the flesh slowly, physically dying. God is fair and just. Jesus told us that to whom much was given much would be required and that to whom little was given little would be required. In our own earthly laws we take that into account in legal matters. Surely our Father is even more mindful and just.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

I am sorry for your pain during this difficult time in your life.  I am praying for you and your family.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, ~Shalhevet~ said:

I know demons can’t possess a Christian

Wrong demons can possess a christian i know that personally, because i have manifested with demons while being a christian. I would say that demons have less power over a christian than other kinds of people. Its possible to be demon possessed as it is to be a sinner.