• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Tim,

You did good, my brother.

Sometimes it takes someone OUTSIDE the conversation to bring the light in.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

I know, you weren't talking to me, but wanted you to know I appreciated it bunches.

Group hug!

Can you feel the love?

:taped:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup: Now all we need is Nebula to start singing, "Kumbaya, My Lord!" :rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Tim,

You did good, my brother.

Sometimes it takes someone OUTSIDE the conversation to bring the light in.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

I know, you weren't talking to me, but wanted you to know I appreciated it bunches.

Group hug!

Can you feel the love?

:o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup: Now all we need is Nebula to start singing, "Kumbaya, My Lord!" :taped:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: I love you guys! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

:thumbsup: Now all we need is Nebula to start singing, "Kumbaya, My Lord!" :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is funny stuff. :taped:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:thumbsup:

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

O Lord, Kumbaya

How'd I do? :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Did you know that "Kumbaya" means "come by here"?

The song is asking for Jesus to come.

:b:

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord

Kumbaya

O Lord, Kumbaya

How'd I do? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew I heard the voice of an angel coming from somewhere! :b:

My God does not punish an entire region of people

there is a subtle yet important diffence between justice and punishment. That seems to be the basic error in your judgement.

Punishment is a type of revenge. An exacting of pain suffered upon someone who caused pain.

I don't think of judgement in those terms because that is man's idea of justice. Not God's. So who getst to decide what God's will is? You? Me? The UN?

Justice is a law like gravity. What you sow you shall reap. It might be now and it might be someday later...but it's true.

Anyone who thinks God punishes innocent people with natural disasters is not a true Christian.

Is it punishment to eventually fall when you jump in the air just because you'd rather fly? He sets the parameters of nature.

Good christian people suffer for the sins of those around them every day. We also suffer for our own sins. I don't know why God doesn't make our lives little paradises of fun and roses. It seems to be for the proving of our faith.

ya know, teaching us to carrry our cross?

And anyone who thinks God is punishing us for Israel is definitely worshipping the wrong god.

Care to elaborate using something besides your own opinion?

I'll take His word over yours any day....nothing personal

Satan kills indiscriminately not my Lord Jesus Christ

Who can said that the death of any person is ever "discriminate"? Do you also decide that? Who else has been His counselor? :)

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:)

Why is it that so meany people love Jesus the Lamb but reject Jesus the Lion?

Why do people forget that our God is The Holy one of Israel?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

#1) If God did send Katrina to punish Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama How come the violence and decadence hasn't stopped?

#2) My God does not punish an entire region of people including the good Christians who live work and pray there to punish a very few who will get their judgement in the end.

Anyone who thinks God punishes innocent people with natural disasters is not a true Christian. And anyone who thinks God is punishing us for Israel is definitely worshipping the wrong god.

Satan kills indiscriminately not my Lord Jesus Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Most High

I'm not looking to argue, but a few weeks ago you jumped all over me for "judging you" ( which I wasn't BTW ) about your walk with God- yet you just did the same thing mate- see here...

Not all Creationists are Christians- however, all Christians are Creationists.  To be a Christian, one must believe in the Bible and that it's words are true.  If someone does not believe the words of Genesis ( ie. they do not believe in Creation ), then they are simply not a Christian.  So, actually "Christian = Creationist " is very true.

God bless,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Tim,

Not only do I disagree with your statement I am offended. You are in no position to judge who is or is not "Christian". That burden rest solely on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You have stated as fact, your OPINION. Well here is my OPINION: Anyone who makes outrageous and false claims, such as knowing things that only God knows, is simply not a Christian.

Now if you'd like to start another thread to discuss your proof that anyone who doesn't believe the bible to be completely literal is not a Christian, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a little confused now as to who- in your opinion can/can't "judge" the heart of man. Do you see where I was coming from now ? ( you never did reply to me :) )

God bless,

Tim

Why is it that so meany people love Jesus the Lamb but reject Jesus the Lion?

Why do people forget that our God is The Holy one of Israel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I blame a lot of this on church's that have watered down God's Word so as to not offend people. I blame their ear-tickling sermons.

Salvation is a very comprehensive term. It's not a reward dangling before Christians like a carrot dangling in front of a horse. It is a lifestyle.

These watered-down messages have led to people believing in a pale, anemic, namby-pamby Jesus, meek and mild. Look at Jesus in the gospels. Striding up and down the dusty miles of Palestine. Suntanned, bronzed, fearless, His knuckles big in His carpenter's hands! The Jesus who upset the money lenders and had a good time at weddings and who would not allow His host to be embarrassed by running short of wine. The Jesus who called a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.

People are under the mistaken impression that when God judges a people or a city, that He always wiped them out completely, killing everyone. That's not true. Sometimes He did and sometimes He didn't. He didn't do it to the Egyptians. He is sovereign and can operate any way He chooses. Don't put Him in a box. To say "my God wouldn't do that," makes it sound like you've classified Him as a hippie from the 70's or that you have God all figured out. Neither is true.

As it was said earlier, warnings were given, whether we heard them or not. God will receive glory out of Hurricane Katrina, whether it was His judgment, mercy or a purifying. To God be the glory!!!