Bible reading plan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi!  I'm looking for a printable Bible reading plan that is the same as the "one year" Bibles, which give portions of the Old and New Testaments, Psalms and Proverbs every day.  I used to have a copy of a plan like that, but I discarded it because I thought if I ever needed one, it would be easy to find online.  Now, however, I'm finding all kinds of Bible-in-a-year plans online, but not that one.  I'll be grateful if anyone can steer me to one - thanks in advance!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Read thre OT, one pslam and one NT chapter a day and you'll read the bible in a year.

While doing this have a note book to keep track of where you are, but also to record what struck you in the reading, why and what you prayed about. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Just to offer a counterpoint, I found that simply having a chapter or chapters to read and reading them daily did not do much for me. Much more important than reading is studying for meaning. I have grown more from studying a 1-3 verses per day with good commentaries than I have from reading 1-3 full chapters a day.

This is not me saying not to use the plan you are wanting. It may work well for you when it did not for me. Just some food for thought. God bless you and grow you in His word, in whatever way He wills!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks, Who, that will make it easy to keep track.  I've been reading in-a-year Bibles for a while now, and that format gets me through, for instance, Leviticus.  Recently I got a Reader's Bible, the kind that doesn't give chapter and verse numbers in the text, and would like to read that for awhile, so I'll just count chapters, as you say.  Also thank you for the suggestion of the notebook. 

BK, I hear you on the importance of studying the Bible, as opposed to just reading it.  I mean, just reading it is 1000 times better than nothing, and reading at least some every day without fail has been amazing for me.  But there are many verses that I've read multiple times and still don't really know what they mean.  Can you recommend a good commentary?  I tried using one once, but got discouraged because it didn't explain anything except the easy parts that you'd automatically understand just by reading.