IGNORED

Will food shortages reach the United States because of hostility in between Russia and Ukraine?My mother is saying she is hearing in contemporary youtube tv channel stations that it will not reach the United States. We are ill prepared for a food shortage

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, Starise said:

Sorry I had just recently been studying EVs and I tend to overthink things.

People in the city can simply ride a bike of walk if they are close to supplies.

Where are you from? Where are you living now and why is it so bad there?

I don't believe you indicated if you are in Ukraine now.

I will throw this out: When I lived in the Seattle area I bicycle commuted. But I stayed in really good shape. Not everyone is. There needs to be a way to get around and sometimes just a few blocks can be really hard, especially in a hilly area (like Seattle). That's why we use cars, rain or shine. They also carry stuff without us having to break a sweat. 

FWIW, when my wife and I make our monthly costco run, we completely stuff our car. It's also 90 minutes away. But even in Seattle where we had several of them within 20 minutes of us, a bike or walking would not have been practical. And same goes for grocery stores. I suppose it works for that "Not Just Bikes" youtube channel guy, but that's because he's in an area designed for it, surrounded by people who WANT TO live in such packed in quarters. I'm in Kentucky now. I like my 32 acres, walks in the woods, gardening, etc. And it cost less than a small rambler in Seattle. A LOT less. and the taxes reflect it ($425 a year, now that we added our 30x60 shop building).

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

I will throw this out: When I lived in the Seattle area I bicycle commuted. But I stayed in really good shape. Not everyone is. There needs to be a way to get around and sometimes just a few blocks can be really hard, especially in a hilly area (like Seattle). That's why we use cars, rain or shine. They also carry stuff without us having to break a sweat. 

FWIW, when my wife and I make our monthly costco run, we completely stuff our car. It's also 90 minutes away. But even in Seattle where we had several of them within 20 minutes of us, a bike or walking would not have been practical. And same goes for grocery stores. I suppose it works for that "Not Just Bikes" youtube channel guy, but that's because he's in an area designed for it, surrounded by people who WANT TO live in such packed in quarters. I'm in Kentucky now. I like my 32 acres, walks in the woods, gardening, etc. And it cost less than a small rambler in Seattle. A LOT less. and the taxes reflect it ($425 a year, now that we added our 30x60 shop building).

:41:I was gonna say this as well. We go weekly shopping, I have stocked up a bit and could probably go a couple weeks shopping, And our car is stuffed. Also, A house needs things other than food. There is plenty of things a house needs that sometimes the internet, although usually, But sometimes the internet does not even provide. And if you wanna pay cash on the barrel, Good luck with that. May as well get in a car and go to the store. I am not fond of having my name and address in the mail all of the time. Ups, usps. etc. Someone might want to steal from me. If you wanna pay cash, you have to go to the store. The dollar should be Americans number one source of payment. And yes that comes with risks, as well. This is a Godless world.......................,,,,,,,,

Edited by believeinHim
  • Thumbs Up 1