IGNORED

Will food shortages reach the United States because of hostility in between Russia and Ukraine?My mother is saying she is hearing in contemporary youtube tv channel stations that it will not reach the United States. We are ill prepared for a food shortage

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

This post has gotten too much attention, When there are other, Also pressing problems that are arising with modern day America. Prayers. :th_praying:

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

One of our strengths is that we are not part of the European continent. Geography still matters. We get our food still from the western hemisphere and really have all the food we need. Heck, we turn a lot of it into alcohol and mix with gasoline.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

I do not understand ? What does being apart of the European continent, {or not} being apart of the European continent have to do with it ? :emot-questioned::noidea:

22 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I do not understand ? What does being apart of the European continent, {or not} being apart of the European continent have to do with it ? :emot-questioned::noidea:

Well, just to use one example, we don't have any gas pipelines running from Russia to the US. Check out the individual european nations' dependence on Russia for crude and natural gas. We don't have that problem. Also, look at how much food Europe produces per million residents vs how much food north, central and soutn America produces per 100 residents. And we raise a LOT of corn and soy to be converted into ethanol to be mixed with gasoline. Turn that into food and see what happens.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

On 4/13/2022 at 7:16 AM, Still Alive said:

Well, just to use one example, we don't have any gas pipelines running from Russia to the US. Check out the individual european nations' dependence on Russia for crude and natural gas. We don't have that problem. Also, look at how much food Europe produces per million residents vs how much food north, central and soutn America produces per 100 residents. And we raise a LOT of corn and soy to be converted into ethanol to be mixed with gasoline. Turn that into food and see what happens.

What about wheat ? And the current administrations evil plot and idea that fuel is bad ? ....................................................................... Possibly a wealth redistribution ?...............................................................

3 hours ago, believeinHim said:

What about wheat ? And the current administrations evil plot and idea that fuel is bad ? ....................................................................... Possibly a wealth redistribution ?...............................................................

I can't really respond to that without getting deep into politics. I did post this on another "non-political" site when it was mentioned that our president wants to turn E10 gas into E15:

E15 is not a good thing for my cars or small power tools. It's like he's trying to destroy our ICE fleet. that seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

And ethanol has less energy per gallon than gasoline, which is why E85 is so cheap. So saving 2% in price and getting 3% worse gas mileage seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Also, turning more food into fuel, when people are concerned about a coming famine, seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Ethanol in gas has never been a good proposition. Increasing it beyond the recommendations of the auto manufacturers hardening of the fuel system to handle small quantities of ethanol in the system seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Fact is, we have plenty of petroleum waiting to be pulled out of the ground. I think if any leader was serious about this they would allow more drilling, pipelines, etc. So killing leases and the Keystone pipeline at a time like this seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

We truly are living in stupid times. No, I'm not trying to be funny.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I can't really respond to that without getting deep into politics. I did post this on another "non-political" site when it was mentioned that our president wants to turn E10 gas into E15:

E15 is not a good thing for my cars or small power tools. It's like he's trying to destroy our ICE fleet. that seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

And ethanol has less energy per gallon than gasoline, which is why E85 is so cheap. So saving 2% in price and getting 3% worse gas mileage seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Also, turning more food into fuel, when people are concerned about a coming famine, seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Ethanol in gas has never been a good proposition. Increasing it beyond the recommendations of the auto manufacturers hardening of the fuel system to handle small quantities of ethanol in the system seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

Fact is, we have plenty of petroleum waiting to be pulled out of the ground. I think if any leader was serious about this they would allow more drilling, pipelines, etc. So killing leases and the Keystone pipeline at a time like this seems kinda, I dunno, stupid.

:41:Thanks. .............. :help:

27 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

What about electric cars exploding ? Is it true electric cars are more susceptible to exploding............... ?...............

:help:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

What about electric cars exploding ? Is it true electric cars are more susceptible to exploding............... ?...............

I watched a documentary on this and believe it's true..