NITE OWL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Christians have weak points? How can that be? Are you not reborn? Were you not given a different mind?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That statement doesn't even deserve a comment :)

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:)

t.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/01/1969

Feel free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better about the security of your own salvation. I know that I am telling the truth, so my conscience is clear.

I'm not calling you a liar- the Bible is

To be more accurate, your particular interpretation of the Bible is. The majority of Christians do not interpret the Bible this way.

Ah - but I forgot - they are obviously not True Christians, are they. Just like I cannot have been a True Christian.

No- you were never a Christian therefore you are not an heir to His Kingdom. YOU are the one who believes that you were a Christian.

So what you are saying is that when I got down on my knees and sincerely prayed, asking the Lord Jesus to save me, he didn't do so - and instead I was merely deceived (by whom? Satan?) into thinking he had...

That when I felt him enter my heart and I broke down in tears, that wasn't him..

That during the years that I could feel his presence and had a special relationship with him, it wasn't him...

That the 'fruits' of my Christianity were no such thing...

That all the times he 'convicted' me and the spirit led me, it wasn't them...

So I have two questions for you and your Once Saved Always Saved theology.

Why did Jesus not come into my heart and give me salvation when I sincerely begged him to? Why did he choose to stay away from me and let me be deceived instead?

If I was able to spend years thinking that I was saved and having a personal relationship with Jesus - but it turns out that I was being deceived for all that time - how do you know that you are not also being deceived in the same way?

Edited by Token Atheist

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Gee whiz, "atheists" don't believe in God? How about God not believing in "atheists"? Let a self-styled "atheist" take that I.I.O. throughout the entire universe in case the Creator-God may reside in a specific galaxy - or please kindly halt the tragicomic "There-definitely-is-no-God!" mantra. I love it, I love it, but will it sell in Peoria?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Feel free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better about the security of your own salvation. I know that I am telling the truth, so my conscience is clear.

I'm not calling you a liar- the Bible is

To be more accurate, your particular interpretation of the Bible is. The majority of Christians do not interpret the Bible this way.

Ah - but I forgot - they are obviously not True Christians, are they. Just like I cannot have been a True Christian.

No- you were never a Christian therefore you are not an heir to His Kingdom. YOU are the one who believes that you were a Christian.

So what you are saying is that when I got down on my knees and sincerely prayed, asking the Lord Jesus to save me, he didn't do so - and instead I was merely deceived (by whom? Satan?) into thinking he had...

That when I felt him enter my heart and I broke down in tears, that wasn't him..

That during the years that I could feel his presence and had a special relationship with him, it wasn't him...

Why did Jesus not come into my heart and give me salvation when I sincerely begged him to? Why did he choose to stay away from me and let me be deceived instead?

If I was able to spend years thinking that I was saved and having a personal relationship with Jesus - but it turns out that I was being deceived for all that time - how do you know that you are not also being deceived in the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Know what T.A. ? I just spent the last 45 minutes or so typing out a long, point by point reply to your post - however, it struck me as I was proof reading it - why am I arguing Christian doctrine with an atheist ? It really is pointless, and- it's also un Biblical. I quoted this verse in a different thread but I'll quote it here too -

Matthew 7:6

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I won't even begin to assume why you are so defensive about what I said- but in the end, it's between you and God...and I'd take care of it today. Before it's too late.

God bless you mate, :wub:

Tim

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/01/1969

Know what T.A. ?  I just spent the last 45 minutes or so typing out a long, point by point reply to your post - however, it struck me as I was proof reading it - why am I arguing Christian doctrine with an atheist ?

Erm... Because that's what an Apologetics forum is for? Because when someone asks you sincere questions it's polite to answer them? Because failing to answer them might make it look as if you can't answer them?

It really is pointless, and- it's also un Biblical.  I quoted this verse in a different thread but I'll quote it here too -

Actually, you quoted it in this thread too - last time someone asked questions you didn't want to answer.

I won't even begin to assume why you are so defensive about what I said

Well, you did just waltz in with "I don't buy that for a moment" and "as you puport to "have been" " in response to me talking about my past - with the clear implication that I was lying about said past.

When challenged about this - you then said that you weren't calling me a liar, the Bible was. Note the absolving of personal responsibility for the accusation there, whilst leaving the accusation that I am a liar standing.

And then you presume to tell me what experiences I have and have not had.

Don't you get defensive too when people you don't know call you a liar in public?

- but in the end, it's between you and God...and I'd take care of it today.  Before it's too late.

I already did - but according to you God ignored me and let me be deceived (presumably by Satan) instead for a decade or so.

So why did God not save me when I sincerely asked him to?

God bless you mate

According to your OSAS theology, he refused to.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

If you do not stand in firm your Faith, you will not stand at all.

Lu

Why Are Atheists Here?

Lots of reasons....

1. Satans demons seek to disrupt this wonderful place

2. Some atheists are struggling with questions that atheism just can't answer

3. Some are elect and don't even know it and are going through the process of being drawn to God.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Maybe they are here because GOD brought them to us to be a light to them.To share the love of CHRIST with them.Are we to turn away the lost?What purpose would that serve if we turned away those that are lost?It wouldnt be what JESUS would want us to do.HE came to seek and save those that are lost.We too need to seek those that are lost.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And RCs hardly accept salvation at all in that they keep re-sacrificing Jesus christ on the cross millions & millions of times in their unique "sacrifice of the mass", and that in spite of Hebrews 10 which underscores the fact that Jesus died ONCE for All sins. The passion of Christ outside Jerusalem's walls is not an ongoing event. Won't somebody rise and tell?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com