• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Hey Guys a little help here,

I was reading the following verses during Bible Study today and was wondering if any of you could tell me who the Amalek's were/are.

Verse 14

And the Lord said unto Moses, "Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the rememberance of Amalek from under heaven."

Verse 15

And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it JEHOVAH NISSI:"

Verse 16

For he said, "Because the Lord hath sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."

Who are the people of Amalek, that the Lord will have war with from generation to generation?

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I believe they were(are) the Persians. Wasnt the King who married Esther an amalekite? This is just my best quess at the moment. Shalom

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks for asking. These source material can be located on e-sword, a free Bible study software. :)

Easton's Bible Dictionary

Amalek

Dweller in a valley, the son of Eliphaz and grandson of Esau (Gen_36:12; 1Ch_1:36); the chief of an Idumean tribe (Gen_36:16). His mother was a Horite, a tribe whose territory the descendants of Esau had seized.

Fausset's Bible Dictionary

Amalek

Son of Eliphaz, by his concubine Timnah, of the Horites; grandson of Esau; duke of Edom (Gen_36:12; Gen_36:16). The Edomites seized the Horite territory. In Hezekiah's reign, the last remnant of Amalek in Edom was dispersed by the Simeonites (1Ch_4:42-43).

Hitchcock's Bible Names

Amalek

a people that licks up

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia

Amalek

am

Edited by Aim_64bIT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

This is probably a stupid question :) , but do the Amaleks still exist today? If so, who are they?

Guest shiloh357

No, the don't. Just as an aside, Saul was supposed to wipe out the Amalekites, but allowed their King, Agog, to survive. As result of Saul's disobedience, Israel had to face another Amalekite, a descendnent of Agog, named Haman, mentioned in the book of Esther. Haman almost suceeded in his genocidal agenda against the Jewish people. It shows the unforseen cost of disobedience.

As far as I know, the Amalekites do not exist as a people today. I am not sure there even exists anyone with Amalekite blood at all. God promised to render them extinct.