IGNORED

Gay UK Soldiers to Get Married Quarters

Keith

Well I know that if someone in the Narines were to announce that they were a homosexual, the Marine Corps would discharge them but discharge them for a different reason.  I personally feel that if you are doing a great job as a Warrior then your sexual prefernce shouldn't matter when there is a job to be done.  Are they going to forget how to fire a rifle now that we all know they are gay?  Probally not.  As far as prayer being banned, that is just stupid.  I witness to alot of my Marines at work and out of work.  My higher ranks get in on it at times too.  I have never been told I can't.  But, the rules I suppose are different at times for the different branches.

Oorah I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with some of what you say Allison, but it has been my experience that gays are not happy just doing their job, they love to talk about their lifestyle. They are proud of their lifestyle. If they are gay and in the military they had better keep quiet about it. You don't hear us straights talking about our sex life al the time and trying to get on the six o clock news. Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually we hear about straight people's sex lives all the time. on tv, bars, subways, etc. why should a gay person be secretive? and for the record, not all gay people are flamboyant and feminine. ive met my share of gay servicemen and no one would EVER suspect they were gay. i dont care what your view is on homosexuality - the thing that bothers me most is the stereotyping.

thank you.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well tqe, I see you are new to this board, so, not trying to put you off or anything like that, but I would suggest you go to the 'outer court' forum and get to understand this boards general feelings about homosexuality. Welcome btw, but thought I would put you in the loop.

cheers,

e.

Well tqe, I see you are new to this board, so, not trying to put you off or anything like that, but I would suggest you go to the 'outer court' forum and get to understand this boards general feelings about homosexuality. Welcome btw, but thought I would put you in the loop.

cheers,

e.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh i know the board's general feelings about homosexuality. so i have a different opinion. so i shouldnt voice it? typical christians..anyone who disagrees should stay quiet

still didnt answer my question btw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Why should a gay person be secretive about their sex life? I don't give two hoots who you are, if you are one of my marines, straight or gay, I will tell them to shut up or get NJP'd. There is no need for people to brag or discuss their sex lives for the world to hear. One of my mom's good friends is gay and by looking at him and chatting with him, you would never guess. My 1/2 sister is also gay. Again, unless you see her kiss her wife or talk about it, never guess.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

cheers,

e.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh i know the board's general feelings about homosexuality. so i have a different opinion. so i shouldnt voice it? typical christians..anyone who disagrees should stay quiet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree with a lot that goes on this board and I let it be known.

Homosexuality and christrianity do not mix. Like water and oil, you can't combine them.

You want to be gay, be gay, I don't have a problem with that. You want to wear speedos and march down our city streets, go for it. You can do whatever you want to do, but don't complain about how the world sees you. We're not the ones who put that image in peoples heads. Christians aren't the only ones who see your lifestyle as different.

You want to be seen as the same as everyone else, but you continue to show that you're different. When was the last time you saw a "heterosexual pride" parade?

I'm not bashing you, but I don't wrap my head around your issues either. You chose that lifestyle and all that goes with it. If you don't like the way the world sees you, change it.

Why should a gay person be secretive about their sex life?  I don't give two hoots who you are, if you are one of my marines, straight or gay, I will tell them to shut up or get NJP'd.  There is no need for people to brag or discuss their sex lives for the world to hear.  One of my mom's good friends is gay and by looking at him and chatting with him, you would never guess.  My 1/2 sister is also gay.  Again, unless you see her kiss her wife or talk about it, never guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i guess we defined "being secretive" differently. i assumed you meant to live a secret life of being gay, in the closet. in that case, i suppose i agree with you.

cheers,

e.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree with a lot that goes on this board and I let it be known.

Homosexuality and christrianity do not mix. Like water and oil, you can't combine them.

You want to be gay, be gay, I don't have a problem with that. You want to wear speedos and march down our city streets, go for it. You can do whatever you want to do, but don't complain about how the world sees you. We're not the ones who put that image in peoples heads. Christians aren't the only ones who see your lifestyle as different.

You want to be seen as the same as everyone else, but you continue to show that you're different. When was the last time you saw a "heterosexual pride" parade?

I'm not bashing you, but I don't wrap my head around your issues either. You chose that lifestyle and all that goes with it. If you don't like the way the world sees you, change it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

believe me, this whole gay pride parade business is divisive even within the gay community. some people think (and i agree) that these parades don't do a slick of good. i dont think transvestites in leopard thongs and leotards provide a positive image of the gay community, but please remember these are the fringe - normal gay people are not, and don't want to, be so flamboyant.

the purpose of the parade (which kinda got lost) is to show the world that despite the fact that we are different, we're not going to be relegated to sub-human category. we are proud of who we are, no matter what you think of same gendered relations.

again, my biggest gripe is that the world sees these parades, these gay tv shows (queer eye for the straight guy), etc and thinks they know what it's like to be gay.

and the world sees us as abominations, regardless of the parades. so i dont see a point in you saying that.

tqe

Then Just what is your point in posting on a christian message board, if you knew

you would be shot at. An act of bravado and defiance of just plain stupidity, seeing you knew what to expect. It is not our intent to bash gays, here, just to point out that it is a practice that we try to discourage for the salvation of your souls We, well most of us, stand on the word of the bible and are only too pleased to point out the folly of sexual immorality as being an abhorrance in the eyes of God, but that by His grace you can repent of the lifestyle and your past can be cleansed by the shed blood of the Cross......your choice.

e

tqe

Then Just what is your point in posting on a christian message board, if you knew

you would be shot at. An act of bravado and defiance of just plain stupidity, seeing you knew what to expect. It is not our intent to bash gays, here, just to point out that it is a practice that we try to discourage for the salvation of your souls We, well most of us, stand on the word of the bible and are only too pleased to point out the folly of sexual immorality as being an abhorrance in the eyes of God, but that by His grace you can repent of the lifestyle and your past can be cleansed by the shed blood of the Cross......your choice.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea but see, how often do you do that in person? how often do you hear ministers talk about homosexuals and how they can be saved? it's nice to ead that (some) people care online, but back in church, it's a hushhush. adulterers, you can be saved. drug abusers, you can be saved. liars, thieves, strippers, you too can be saved. homosexual, silence.

i dont think i was being shot at. unless that was YOUR intent.

MY intent is to find out if ANY homosexual has been successful in changing their orientation. if i find ONE person, i will try this repentance business.

my secondary intent is to gauge the predominant views of christians on homosexuality. so when i actually do confront one i person, i know what to expect. i was hoping not everyone is so hateful and fire-and-brimstone.

tqe

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea but see, how often do you do that in person? how often do you hear ministers talk about homosexuals and how they can be saved? it's nice to ead that (some) people care online, but back in church, it's a hushhush. adulterers, you can be saved. drug abusers, you can be saved. liars, thieves, strippers, you too can be saved. homosexual, silence.

i dont think i was being shot at. unless that was YOUR intent.

MY intent is to find out if ANY homosexual has been successful in changing their orientation. if i find ONE person, i will try this repentance business.

my secondary intent is to gauge the predominant views of christians on homosexuality. so when i actually do confront one i person, i know what to expect. i was hoping not everyone is so hateful and fire-and-brimstone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Point taken. For the knowledge that I have received over the years many people have been successful in changing their orientation,but off hand I can't place when or where. Nothing is impossible for God. Although I was never gay, I was a very sexually immoral person and was very ashamed of my own life style, because it was affecting those around me whon I loved.and I carried a big heavy load of guilt, on my concience.

But in spite of the way I was, my family, wife duaghters, their husbands and lots of extended, relations prayed continuously for the Holy Spirit would convict me of my sinful life and that I would come to repnetance and as a result, I had a personal encounter with Jesus Himself, and brother, I crumbled. I was over 60 then, and now I'm over 80. I tell you this so that you, and others who have elderly parents, that are unsaved, will understand that it is never too late to turn to God and He will be merciful and will Change you from the inside out.

I know this tqe there are sites on the net where you can get counselling and maybe some of the brethren on this board can help you. I know that some gays have been delivered from their lifestyle. If God can change me, He can change anyone, but meantime I will continue to jump on anyone who claims that is acceptable to God.

bless you in youe endeavours,

e