How to be saved shown here

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Believe on Jesus Christ (who is God and Lord). To believe on means to have faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save you. Also believe/trust that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day.

Believe on Jesus Christ is supported by John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life”. You are believing on Jesus for eternal life not only that Jesus (who is God) exists.

Faith in Lord Jesus to save you saves and is supported by Ephesians 2:8-9 8 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God 9 not by works, so that no one can boast”.

Ephesians 2:8-9 also show that it is not works that saves. Being obedient to Jesus Christ is to believe on him. Paul mentions that works do not save and it is of faith. If we had to do more then Jesus sacrifice was not limitless. What Jesus did was enough to cover all future sins. Once saved always saved.

I included trust in Jesus Christ to save you because trust and believe are used interchangeably in the bible so believe on Jesus means to have trust in Jesus to save you. Ephesians 1:12-13 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

In regards to Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again, you are saved by believing/trusting this according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4  1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Notes:

I believe Jesus is God, do not get caught up whether or not Jesus is God or Son of God when it comes to your salvation.

I believe you need to believe/know certain facts about Jesus Christ in order to actually have faith and trust in Jesus to save you. (There may be exceptions). You should believe/trust that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again. You probably need to know that Jesus is God and Lord as well as you need to know Jesus can actually save you. By believing/trusting these facts you know that Jesus is God who is loving and can save people. If you believe the bible to be true(at least the parts regarding salvation, then you believe that believe on Jesus Christ saves.

You already know you were/are a sinner and the penalty of sin if you are believe on Jesus Christ. You repent when you believe on Jesus Christ to save you. Also when you put your faith and trust in Lord Jesus to save you.

Check out Good Hope and Gregg Jackson YouTube videos for more on how to be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,115
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

Thanks for clarifying this.

The bible says the Devils believe and tremble.

For us humans belief means we need to know who we are believing in and why. I could say Jesus was a good teacher and I BELIEVE He lived on this earth. This is NOT belief unto salvation.

Why do we need to look to Jesus? Because we are all sinners and Jesus died to save us from the eternal punishment for our sins.

Someone might say, " You mean I'm going to be punished for stealing that candy when I was 6?" No. You are being punished for the nature in you that caused you to steal that candy in the first place. Adam passed this on to you.

Our salvation gives us a POSITION of freedom from that sin nature. God said all men are sinners through Adam. And we can see we all are. Our position with Him is naturally a position of lacking, a position of need, a position of evil. God said I require a sacrifice to cover man's lacking position or He will send us where we all belong.

That sacrifice? Jesus.

Imagine being put in jail and a very high bail was set for your release. The bail was too high for any man to pay because all men are sinners. Along comes a man who never sinned and who did not possess the sin nature- Jesus

Jesus covered our bail eternally! We must accept the transaction though, because this transaction changes us on the inside.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"Roman road to Salvation"

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23

None is righteous, no, not one no one understands; no one seeks for God.

All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;

no one does good, not even one.” Romans 3:10

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved  Romans 10:9

For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved Romans 10:13

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers,
nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38–39

• Well Said! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

8 hours ago, BelieveonJesus said:

You already know you were/are a sinner and the penalty of sin if you are believe on Jesus Christ. You repent when you believe on Jesus Christ to save you. Also when you put your faith and trust in Lord Jesus to save you.

Indeed. Shalom

Acts 4:[10] Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
[11] This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ALL  THE  WORDS  OF  THIS  LIFE 

1 JOHN 2:27  but the anointing which you have received of  HIM  abideth in you and ---you need not that  --any man--  teach you---but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things and is truth and is no lie and even as it has taught you ---you shall abide in  HIM---

2 TIMOTHY 3:14  but continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of ---knowing of whom thou hast learned them---

--3:15--  and that from a child thou hast known ---the holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in   CHRIST  JESUS---

HEBREWS 5:9  and being made perfect  HE  became the author of  ---eternal salvation  --  unto all them that obey  HIM---

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me  HIM  shall you hear ---in all things whatsoever  HE  shall say unto you--- 

--3:23--  and it shall come to pass ---THAT  EVERY  SOUL---  which will not hear that prophet  ---  SHALL  BE  DESTROYED  FROM  AMONG  THE  PEOPLE

ACTS 5:20  go stand and speak in the temple to the people ---all the words of this life---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST