IGNORED

Since the United States is basically a melting pot of all of different cultures {now}, Is the church in your neighborhood considered your church ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Since the United States is basically a melting pot of all of different cultures now, Is the church in your neighborhood considered your church ? There is a church in virtually every little pocket and corner of a neighborhood, or town, Some of them within walking distances of a particular neighborhood, And the problem is that nobody and no one from that neighborhood goes.......... We have people driving from all over the state and towns going to churches that are not in their neighborhoods. We have some issues in our neighborhood with break ins because the property behind it is probably belonging to the church however it is not growing and I do not think that they can afford to have it grow because nobody in this neighborhood goes to this church. If they or we go at all. So, My burning question to the church forum, Is if we  have a church in our neighborhood or in our town, Is that our church ? I would think it would be ? ...........................

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, believeinHim said:

if we  have a church in our neighborhood or in our town, Is that our church ?

Yes, but with two qualifcations, that you can live with its theology and with how it puts it into practice.

No point attending a church whose theology you totaly disagree with or if the theoloy is ok but it doesn't practice it.