IGNORED

Restoring A Torah-Positive Perspective

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
Shiloh --- this will let you know that I read your post.

We seen to be having a lot of communication problem here in being able to understand another. And the more I post, the worst it seems to get. Therefore, I am now going to rest from this discussion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is your choice, so be it.

Since you have chosen to abandon the conversation, I will continue, in my next post, to explain to anyone else who is interested why we need to restore a Torah positive perspective to our understanding and our outworking of a biblical New Testament faith.

For the remainder of this thread I will embark on a new study concerning true Torah observance.

Edited to Add: In retrospect, I have decided to move my response to the Study Groups Forum. Please see my topic entitled, "Why Is the Torah Important? Learning To Have A Biblical "Love Life."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh wrote:

Since you have chosen to abandon the conversation, I will continue, in my next post, to explain to anyone else who is interested why we need to restore a Torah positive perspective to our understanding and our outworking of a biblical New Testament faith.

For the remainder of this thread I will embark on a new study concerning true Torah observance.

Edited to Add: In retrospect, I have decided to move my response to the Study Groups Forum. Please see my topic entitled, "Why Is the Torah Important? Learning To Have A Biblical "Love Life."

My Response:

No offense, but I have no need of that. For the Spirit of God lives in me who gave the law, and the Spirit of God does not lead me to sin. So why would I need your set of rules and regulations?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

My Response:

No offense, but I have no need of that. For the Spirit of God lives in me who gave the law, and the Spirit of God does not lead me to sin. So why would I need your set of rules and regulations?

Hmmm, I was just over in the study groups reading Shiloh's new post. As I read the responses I noticed there was one from you. I thought you had no need of it :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

nebula wrote:

Jake, do the Scriptures say that the saints of old, the people of the Old Testament, those deemed righteous, obtained their righteousness by observing the Law or by faith?

My Response:

I think you asked you me this question because you did not understand what I was saying when I said that the Bible deals with two methods by which to achieve righteousness with God:law and grace. To answer your question based on my understanding of the Bible. It has never not been by faith that righteousness has been achieved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank-you for acknowledging one of my questions.

so if righteousness is by faith - then where does this "righteousness through the law" and "righteousness through grace" argument come from? Faith is faith - is it not?

And I still don't understand - are you saying that since you are under grace and led by the Spirit of God that you are incapable of sinning - that your flesh doesn't war with you and all that? Are you free from sinning?