IGNORED

When God just doesn't seem like enough...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1989

I believe in God. But at times I forget He exsists. At times I feel very...empty...or just not the way a christian should feel. I feel like crying for no reason. I just have this void. I don't know what to do anymore...what do I do when even God doesn't fix this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I believe in God. But at times I forget He exsists. At times I feel very...empty...or just not the way a christian should feel. I feel like crying for no reason. I just have this void. I don't know what to do anymore...what do I do when even God doesn't fix this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll talk to you. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Birthday:  04/22/1971

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"what do I do when even God doesn't fix this?"

Good Morning ink_spot, thought i would take the opportunity to reply.

what i do when i feel like this, and boy it feels like its more times than none, i fall back on Psalms 23, and i fall back on that lil Poem, Footprints...

the reason

because when i feel he isnt there or isnt helping me, Yea, though i walk through the valeey of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me...

Because when darkness is all around me i pray and trust, even if i dont feel it, for him to be my guiding light..

I keep praying, keep trusting, keep pushing through.. I began praising him for all he is worth and then the presence of God enters in. How do i know.

He inhabits the praises of his people. It a sweet sound in his ears. Praise God even when you dont feel like praising.

It works, trust me.. ive been right wher you are .

Matterof fact i Am right where you are.. I still have questions, i still feel empty, like God's abandoned me(lost my dad a couple of weeks ago.) BUT... when those questions arise, when those doubts arise.. I pour my heart out to God, tears streaming down my face, thoughout this time im praising him and thanking him for all he is. for all he's done, for all he will do as of yet and the Holy Spirit comes and brings me peace and comfort just so i can make it through another day.

Hopes this helps

YSIC

Mandy

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40

Maybe he's just waiting for you to find him again... Or you could see a doctor for depression :blink:. :blink: Feel better.

(Edited by Moderator)

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know how ya feel.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why does it seem like believing God exists isn't enough? Because it isn't. You have to know Him. The thing you're lacking is a thriving, growing relationship with your Father. You know Brad Pitt exists, but do you know him? If you have a best friend, how would he/she feel if you never called them or spoke to them except to complain that they aren't close enough?

God is relational. He desires an intimate and personal relationship with you. But until you do what it takes to make that relationship grow, it won't be "fixed". Do you read the Bible? Do you pray (other than to complain)? Do you surround yourself with godly people who help you grow and challenge you? Until you do those things you'll continue to feel a void because believing in God is never enough. Put your absolute unwavering trust in Him, cling to Him during times of desperation, delight in Him during times of celebration...and then you'll understand knowing Him is more than enough.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe he's just waiting for you to find him again... Or you could see a doctor for depression :laugh:.  :whistling: Feel better.

May Odins' blessing be upon you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Odin? Blessings from a Norse god? Why would we want that when we have the one true God?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Keep praying.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Maybe you thought you knew Him but you never fully let Him into your heart. Every single day I feel Him enter my heart a little bit more and it makes my life feel whole.

• 2 weeks later...