Dafydd

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus , suffered more than anyone else in history. I firmly believe this, and His suffering was not confined to the Cross. I am far from sinless, but even I find it hard to be in the presence of foul-mouthed people or similar. How must the eternally sinless Jesus have felt in the constant presence of sinners and how great His love to deliberately associate with the worst of these! But all of this paled in comparison to His suffering on the Cross. Crucifixion was the most painful means of execution devised by man, yet the physical pains that Jesus suffered were accompanied by the spiritual agony of bearing the sin of the human race in His pure and sinless body. His human consciousness lost the awareness of His divine nature and the the conscious presence of His eternal union with the Father. The wrath of the Father against the sin of humanity was experienced by Jesus. The worst of the Dark Nights or Wilderness Experiences that Christians sometimes experience must have been as nothing compared to this. We cannot know or even imagine what He must have gone through! And all of this was for you and I, not for some abstract entity such as "humanity" or even "the church". The beautiful and terrible fact is that even if you or I alone accepted Him as Lord and Savior,   HE WOULD STILL HAVE GONE TO THE CROSS!!!  That is what He did for you and for me. So how can we ever repay Him?

Of course, we cannot. But we can do the one thing that will bring the most joy to Jesus and the Father. We can turn and follow Him so that He can transform us increasingly into His likeness and thereby prepare us to be with Him in Eternity.

If anyone reading these words has not yet made the decision to follow Him, please do so right now. He wants to save you at no cost to yourself, but at the infinite cost that He has already paid for you. He calls to you. Please answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

3647101D-7EFB-4C46-8187-8532C361994A.jpeg.cc68d6978520b37f41ae071535fe096c.jpeg

I often mediate on the Suffering of our Savior. 
That he bore many sorrows and pains for our sake. 
I agree He’d have sufferee through it all if it only meant one of us would believe. That is the kind of God Jesus is. 

I like how the apostles tell us that Christ’s suffering is a model for us, “To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.” (1 Peter 2:21)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

12 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I like how the apostles tell us that Christ’s suffering is a model for us, “To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.” (1 Peter 2:21)

Good verse. Let's complete the context in which it is written. Shalom

1 Peter 2:[18] Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
[19] For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
[20] For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
[24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

• Thumbs Up 1

This passage always amazes me, 

Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.” (1 Peter 4:1) 

A1B5F86D-8EBB-4764-826F-C97F808D09FA.jpeg.4c1e77fdbe3bd69694aa6103badad48a.jpeg

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

“But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled.” -Acts 3:18