IGNORED

What is the meaning of the passage of the ten virgins (Part 2)?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is the meaning of the passage of the ten virgins (Part 2)?

*2 – LIGHT*: the Holy Spirit:

•    Psa 18:28 -> “For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.”.
•    Psa 27:1 -> “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”.
•    Psa 36:9 -> “For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.”.
•    Psa 118:27 -> “The LORD is God;
•    , and he has made his light to shine upon us. Bind the festal sacrifice with cords, up to the horns of the altar!”.

And His light is sown only for the righteous so that his righteousness can be light where the injustice is working (see Prov 31:8,9):

•    Psa 37:6 -> “He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.”.
•    Psa 97:11 -> “Light is sown for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart.”.

*3 – OIL*: 

Many people think that the oil is the Holy Spirit. Nonetheless, observe that the fool virgins went out to buy oil. And, as we well know, the Holy Spirit can’t be procured by money (see Acts 8:20). 

Furthermore, considering that the lamps of the fool was going out, this means that, in the beginning, they had oil. The difference is that the wise virgins had extra oil. Well, the Creator doesn’t give His Spirit by measure (John 3:34). This would be ludicrous. Either the person has the Holy Spirit or doesn’t. And the worst is that people, misunderstanding Acts 2:4; 4:31; 6:3; 13:52, think that there are different portions of unction: one is 20% full of the Holy Spirit, other 40% and so on.

No! What happened in the previous passages is one of two things: either the person was empty and became full of the Holy Spirit or the person was full and His presence in him was renovated.

So, although the oil is used in others passages to refer to the Holy Spirit, here, in particular, the oil symbolizes other thing.

Therefore, the oil is something that can be bought and stored, and serve to make us full of the Holy Spirit and His light. Let’s see what it is:

•    Eph 5:18-21 -> “And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
•    Col 3:16 -> “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”.

Note that the presence of the Holy Spirit in us is bound to psalms, hymns, spiritual songs, which only can be produced by prayers and meditation on the Holy Scripture. Therefore, behold what we ought to buy:

•    Pro 23:23 -> “Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding.”.

Well, the instruction comes out of the mouth of the Holy Spirit, who is the pure Truth:

•    1Jn 2:27 -> “But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.”.

Nonetheless, if we don’t have understanding to discern His will for us and fear of the Creator (which is the beginning of the wisdom – Prov 9:10; Job 28:28), all this seed of the Holy Spirit will be “eat by the birds”, “burnt by the persecutions of Ha-Satan” or “choked by the riches, delights, cares of this life and other ambitions” (Luke 8:14; Mark 4:19) and, thereby, the flame of the Holy Spirit will be burnt out.

So, buy OIL (Jesus’ wisdom and understanding):

•    Eph 5:17 -> “Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”.

How? Praying and allowing all His teachings to be engrafted in our heart (James 1:21), giving ourselves in to His washing of regeneration and renewal, with all fear:

•    Jas 1:5-8 -> “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”.

So, have alacrity in hearing of good will Jesus’ word so that, to you, can be imparted the grace of being more and more full of His ken and wisdom:

•    Mat 13:11,12 -> “And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”.

Those who has love for the truth, will receive more and more revelation and never will be confounded (Rom 10:11).

Tomorrow we will continue.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Yep, their supply of light/truth ran out.

Luke 21:8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,' and, ‘The time has drawn near.'

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 7/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Well, the Creator doesn’t give His Spirit by measure (John 3:34). This would be ludicrous.

John 3:34 is not about men receiving the Holy Spirit without measure, but about the Son being the one receiving without measure.

Take note of who this "He" is being mentioned :

John 3

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

If men were not given the Spirit by measure, then the above underlined wouldn't even make sense, let alone made mention of.

You would only say it if there were indeed a limiting measure or "cap" for Holy Spirit being measured out unto men.

And within that "cap" measured out amongst men, fullness of Christ can be attained .. within that cap/limit that is.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Either the person has the Holy Spirit or doesn’t.

God does remove His Holy Spirit from those who fall away .. your branch couldn't be a branch without the lifeblood coursing through it, lifeblood being the Holy Spirit ..

And your branch wouldn't be cut off unless that "lifeblood" no longer coursed through it ..

Had it .. lost it.