IGNORED

addict seeks help

Guest ellisracing

Guest ellisracing

hi all, im in a real spot at the moment, i have been really on fire for God, then been really down, for the last 7 years or so i have been involved with drugs, not 7 years non stop, but dabbling every nown and again, but in that time ive fallen in and out of followship and really want to start to serve God with all i have, but when ever i start i seem to fall, how can i strengthen myself ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

You don't need to 'strengthen' yourself; just make good decisions. You ALWAYS have a choice in how you behave.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

ellisracing, Have you checked out Teen Challenge. It is not just for teens. You might want to consider it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

a website i know of that may be helpful, especially f you are looking to gain some good bible based wisdom, it gives you step by step verses on how to leave your struggles behind as well as building you up spiritually and it's free.

www.settingcaptivesfree.com

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45
  • Birthday:  07/25/1951

hi all, im in a real spot at the moment, i have been really on fire for God, then been really down, for the last 7 years or so i have been involved with drugs, not 7 years non stop, but dabbling every nown and again, but in that time ive fallen in and out of followship and really want to start to serve God with all i have, but when ever i start i seem to fall, how can i strengthen myself ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noidea: Ellisracing,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to talk about sobriety but since you talked of your involvement with drugs I guess it's ok. I am cross addicted (which is the addiction to alcohol and many other drugs), as I have been taught you must first admit to yourself that you are addicted to the drugs. Only you and God can make that decision. Once you admit it to yourself and God and another person then you can turn your addiction over to Him and He will lead you out of the world of darkness of drugs and alcohol and keep you safe in sobriety as He has done for me the last 16 years and 8 months. Walking with Lord is much more wonderful than living in the darkness of addiction. I will pray that you find the answers but you must totally let go of the drugs before you can be with God full time as you desire. May Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ watch over you during your troubled times and always.........Kooltat :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45
  • Birthday:  07/25/1951

a website i know of that may be helpful, especially f you are looking to gain some good bible based wisdom, it gives you step by step verses on how to leave your struggles behind as well as building you up spiritually and it's free.

www.settingcaptivesfree.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: What's wrong with the advice he could get here on this site? I personally have gotten some very inspirational advice and understanding from Dr. Luke and many others right here. He already found this site so why have him wonder off to some other site? He can find much wisdom here, just look at the Bible verses that most people post at the end of their comments. Have a Blessed day........Kooltat :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I was addicted to coccain not too long ago I stopped. I was a "coke head" secretly for about 4 years. I was spending about $190.00 every weekend on the stuff.

I found help by going to one of the meetings a local church put on once a week for such problems. It sounds stupid and too simple but, it made me realize that my life is slowly falling apart and that I need to regain strength of myself and put control back into my life. I talked about my problem with others and it did help.

I hope that you get the help that you need. We all learn different ways. Try them all.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40

It's more than just stopping the addiction... Consider perhaps why you started in the first place and try to solve that issue while you are in rehab. This way you won't relapse (or at least not for the same reason...).

Guest ajithkumar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dearly beloved in Christ,

Remember " WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE" - Apstl. Paul says I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

1. First of all go His presence in prayers and pour out heart and confess all your shortcomings, failures with true repentance that is renouncing them truly.

2. Plead for the forgiveness of God as in Luke Chapter 18 - BE MERCIFUL UNTO ME A SINNER.

3. Be washed in the shed blood of Jesus Christ - believing whole heartedly that the blood of Jesus Christ would wash your very conscience thoroughly from all deadly works to serve the true living God (Hebrews 9:14) .

4. Now take the authority the Lord has promised you in Luke 10:19 and speak to your problems with authority and command them to walk out of your life in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and say that you shut the doorways behind them and seal the doorways with the blood of Jesus Christ and ask the Holy Spirit to come and fill in the emptied space and rule over you.

5. Always be very careful to have the fear of GOD in you heart that will keep from all evil.

6. Always be humble - because the bible says the haughty spirit is there before the fall. Be humble so that you receive GRACE from GOD. Where sin abound Grace did much more abound. If you are under the GRACE sin shall not have dominion over you (Romans Chapter 6).

DAILY EXERCISES MUST BE

1. Always be equipped with prayers, fasting, bible meditation, fellowship, annointing of the Holy Spirit and put on the whole armour of God daily.

2. Daily crucify your self, flesh and the desires thereof in prayers earnestly.

3. Confess you are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.

May God Bless You

N.Ajithkumar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RJD Servant

:b: Hi Elsracing

I have worked all my life with those less fortune then me to be addicted to many types of drugs and alcohol or other things that are out there today in this world.

I do know the Power of the Almighty God that Delivers Instantly with no side affects whatsoever from the addictions. I believe that in this prayer the I will pray for you that the Power of God will come down and touch your life where ever you are right now and deliver you from the power of Drugs and the temptation to stop what you are doing to yourself.

Dear Lord Jesus I believe in the Power of your Spirit to enter into this place where this person is right now as they choose to be down on their knees to repent of the sin of drugs that binds them to the old world of their lifes choices. We lay this down right now to be released from this sin and be set free in the Name of Jesus Christ. Elsracing is leaving this sin at the bottom of the Cross and never to pick it up again because he believes this day that he will be set free by the Power of God who love and gave himself for his life to be free.

Lord give him the Joy of the Lord to be his Strenght in this Choice to remove all so called friendships from the connection of drugs. Change who he hangs out with and make him Hunger and Thirst after Righteousness in Christ to make the Choices to be better everyday in the Word of God, Prayer and Fellowship with God, in finding Friends that will help him live a life in the Light of Christ everyday.

I believe this in Jesus name we ask this and know that you will be able to do what this person seems to be impossible. All things are possible in Christ Jesus.

I can do ALL thing through Christ who Strenghtens me.

Fight the good fight of faith and rely upon the Word of the Lord.

Will you be Tempted? Yes! Can you say NO walk away Yes as you stay in the Spirit you will not fullfill the Lust of your own Flesh.

I will be praying for you to find the truth and help you need to keep going. Talk to me any time and I will pray for you to face the realities that you are running from. That is what Drugs do is makes you run away from realities that you need to grow up into and change for the better by your real choices.

Much Prayer

RJD Servant :blink::wub::25::25::wub::wub: