• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, teddyv said:

I can't seem to find any actual quote regarding Florida flooding from Al Gore though. He did make some reference to substantial global sea level rise which turned up a few fact-checking sites with commentary on. I would not be surprised in an effort like "An Inconvenient Truth" to stretch, exaggerate or overstate the case a bit, as it was presenting a certain narrative. 

It looks like you didn't see Al's movie, or read his book.  Believe me, that's a good thing.  But it's so easily searched for on YouTube, I have to wonder if you just don't want to see it?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

I have to wonder if you just don't want to see it?

If you want people to believe it when you make a strong statement like "Al Gore and the IPCC said that Florida should be underwater by now", it would make sense to provide evidence to support those claims. Rather than supporting your claims, you imply that people should instead read everything Al Gore and the IPCC ever wrote and/or said.

That is a bass-ackwards way to try to support a point.

3 minutes ago, servant4christ said:

If you want people to believe it when you make a strong statement like "Al Gore and the IPCC said that Florida should be underwater by now", it would make sense to provide evidence to support those claims. Rather than supporting your claims, you imply that people should instead read everything Al Gore and the IPCC ever wrote and/or said.

That is a bass-ackwards way to try to support a point.

Forgive me, but I have a lot of experience with people who want me to play fetch the stick with them.  That game involves a person endlessly sending me to gather them more evidence while barely acknowledging the prior evidence, and ultimately never being satisfied with any of the evidence. 

Concerning the evidence that I did post, did it leave you feeling that the IPCC is a reliable, and truthful bunch?

Just now, Sparks said:

Forgive me, but I have a lot of experience with people who want me to play fetch the stick with them.

This isn't "fetch the stick" it is called "providing evidence for your claim".

I could say that Donald Trump claims to be the dumbest man alive. If challenged, I could simply reply "Have you read everything Donald Trump has ever said? Get back to me after you do that." But that would be a really bad way to conduct myself on a forum. If I say that Donald Trump claims to be the dumbest man alive, I would have to provide evidence that he said that for anyone to believe me.

I hope this helps, because you seem to be very confused about the proper way to support a claim.

To put it very simply, if someone makes a surprising claim, they should provide evidence for the claim. This really isn't difficult.

5 minutes ago, servant4christ said:

This isn't "fetch the stick" it is called "providing evidence for your claim".

I could say that Donald Trump claims to be the dumbest man alive. If challenged, I could simply reply "Have you read everything Donald Trump has ever said? Get back to me after you do that." But that would be a really bad way to conduct myself on a forum. If I say that Donald Trump claims to be the dumbest man alive, I would have to provide evidence that he said that for anyone to believe me.

I hope this helps, because you seem to be very confused about the proper way to support a claim.

I noticed you didn't answer my question. 

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

I noticed you didn't answer my question. 

Get back to me after you've read/heard everything I've ever said. I'm not doing your homework for you.

59 minutes ago, servant4christ said:

Get back to me after you've read/heard everything I've ever said. I'm not doing your homework for you.

I am glad I recognized the pattern early.  Have a good one, and God bless.  :emot-nod:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Sparks said:

It looks like you didn't see Al's movie, or read his book.  Believe me, that's a good thing.  But it's so easily searched for on YouTube, I have to wonder if you just don't want to see it?

I have seen "An Inconvenient Truth" some years ago, but I can not recall everything about it. So anyways, to show I'll be honest about things (and do your work for you), I looked up the section on Youtube (I assume this is the part).

So the statement was "If Greenland broke up and melted, or half of Greenland and half of West Antarctica broke up and melted..." then proceeds to show maps of the sea level rise in Florida (and numerous other highly populated/low lying areas of the world). This particular clip did not specify a timeline. 

13 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I have seen "An Inconvenient Truth" some years ago, but I can not recall everything about it. So anyways, to show I'll be honest about things (and do your work for you), I looked up the section on Youtube (I assume this is the part).

So the statement was "If Greenland broke up and melted, or half of Greenland and half of West Antarctica broke up and melted..." then proceeds to show maps of the sea level rise in Florida (and numerous other highly populated/low lying areas of the world). This particular clip did not specify a timeline. 

The book did, and so did a press release.  And, based on them, Rush Limbaugh marked his calendar, and on the day of the mighty Al Gore Armageddon, he reminded people that nothing happened.  Follow the link below.  Armageddon should have happened January 27, 2016:

Apocalypse Delayed

Don't my liberal friends ever look at the fact that none of these predictions come true?  Not even one?  Haven't you noticed they always give us 10 years, like AOC recently claimed?

Thanks for trying to research it. :emot-nod: