• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I think that is the problem with multi-religious Chapels or prayer centers in general.

Christian cannot and should not partake of multi-religious ceremonies, including group prayer with different faiths, including those who practice Judaism.

I get looks from people about my being a Messianic Jew. Hebrews tells Jews not to go back to being a Jew.

The above quote leads me to ask....IS IT RIGHT TO BE A MESSIANIC JEW? Sometimes it seems right and other times it seems wrong.

THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/31/1968

Why does it seem wrong?

Edited by DaBronx

Guest shiloh357
I think that is the problem with multi-religious Chapels or prayer centers in general.

Christian cannot and should not partake of multi-religious ceremonies, including group prayer with different faiths, including those who practice Judaism.

I get looks from people about my being a Messianic Jew. Hebrews tells Jews not to go back to being a Jew.

The above quote leads me to ask....IS IT RIGHT TO BE A MESSIANIC JEW? Sometimes it seems right and other times it seems wrong.

THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hebrews does NOT tell Jews to not be Jews. It is not a sin to be Jewish!!! It is not a sin to live as a Jew!! Hebrews warns againt apostacy and warns against rejecting Yeshua in favor of the old system.

Well for one thing the Messianic Jews I know say it's right. And Jesus is the Messiah for EVERYONE. No matter who you are. Others I know say it has to be one or the other. And claim that Messianic Jews are a cult.

Romans says 'Be transformed'.

On another hand this is the first time I ever heard anyone talk about how the OT prophecised Jesus. Isiah 53 for example. Sure celebrating Hanukah and Christmas means more presents. :noidea: But I can't put my finger on the exact nature of my doubts. Other than what people have said.

Beyond being a simple man who accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. Trying to grow in G-d. And having a personal relationship. I don't know what I am.

I was born into the Jewish Religion. Circumcised, Bar Mitzvah'd, the whole schmear as it were. In all the Religious stuff. I never felt the hand of G-d with me. Sure there were times he carried me. But I never felt him in me. I know it's more than just feelings. But it was not untill I stopped doing "Religion" that I found my faith and salvation in G-d, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Does the fact that I am dabbling, for lack of a better word, in Messianic Judiasm mean I am backsliding?

Does the fact that I am dabbling, for lack of a better word, in Messianic Judiasm mean I am backsliding?

that depends on whether your focus is the "messianic" or the "judaism" part

Religion of itself, whether its judaism or christianity, is a hollow shell of self-righteousness.

Seek Messiah and be who you in Him. So what if others don't understand?

Messianic Judaism is a more biblical path, imo, but you need to acknowledge how much of it is actually rabbinical. Keep the cultural aspects of your faith separate from the spiritual aspects and you'll be fine.

that depends on whether your focus is the "messianic" or the "judaism" part

Religion of itself, whether its judaism or christianity, is a hollow shell of self-righteousness.

Seek Messiah and be who you in Him. So what if others don't understand?

Messianic Judaism is a more biblical path, imo, but you need to acknowledge how much of it is actually rabbinical. Keep the cultural aspects of your faith separate from the spiritual aspects and you'll be fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The focus seems to be about 50/50. We hold a weekly oneg-shabbot. Most of what we do at my congregation is centered upon prophecy, and straight Bible Study. Right now Matt Ch. 5. With some ritual(the lighting of candles and blessing the challah and wine) thrown in with it.

Sometimes, well more often than not, I want to help folks understand. I don't understand sometimes. Except that Jesus is Messiah. No matter who you are.

Nowadays I see my being Jewish as more cultural than religious.

Beyond being a simple man who accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. Trying to grow in G-d. And having a personal relationship. I don't know what I am.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It means that you are a precious child of God Almighty Keep seeking The Lord and looking to Him and you will never be lost.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? We are not here to please people, we are here to please God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It means that you are a precious child of God Almighty

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! Give this girl a kosher corned beef on rye with extra pickle!!! :noidea:

Keep seeking The Lord and looking to Him and you will never be lost.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? We are not here to please people, we are here to please God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that we are here to please G-d. And one of the ways we do that is to help on another. I am not worried about pleasing people. But I do want them to understand me.

I know that we are here to please G-d. And one of the ways we do that is to help on another. I am not worried about pleasing people. But I do want them to understand me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will, my brother in Christ...Don't you worry...Your life will be a testimony in itself.

I have, long ago, decided to lend a deaf ear to the religious folk...They hurt me more than helped...So, now I go to God for everything!

Yes, I attend church services regularly (even though I dislike a lot of what's going on there), yes I fellowship with Christian friends every chance I get and I come on here and one other Christian forum for certain issues but mainly my focus is on Jesus and what He thinks.

:noidea: Don't let the enemy confuse you...You are living in the Word and that's what matters!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They will, my brother in Christ...Don't you worry...Your life will be a testimony in itself.

I have, long ago, decided to lend a deaf ear to the religious folk...They hurt me more than helped...So, now I go to God for everything!

Cheesecake for dessert! Right on DaBronx!!

Yes, I attend church services regularly (even though I dislike a lot of what's going on there), yes I fellowship with Christian friends every chance I get and I come on here and one other Christian forum for certain issues but mainly my focus is on Jesus and what He thinks.

May my cup runneth over on this one!!!

:noidea: Don't let the enemy confuse you...You are living in the Word and that's what matters!

Again AMEN!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>