• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Gen 8:21
21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
 KJV

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour

The only sweet savour of keeping -is His Son's work and those redeemed by it and the eternal state... for He has told us in specific what is removed and forgotten... It will be eternally sweet without boundary, without law, with anything possible in Holy Righteousness... I don't have that great a smeller but even I can smell the sweetness of this!

Because God is this way now to the unredeemed as well as the redeemed as God keeps His Word

I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done

Matthew 5:45 (KJV)
[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

The line drawn in the sand is this life... after is judgment.  Remembering God's Heart in this
2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Gen 9:1-2

9 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
KJV
The preamble to the Noahic covenant as a new beginning begins... I think of The Lord's heart in this as His intended first begin has now been set aside and will not be realized till He provides redemption for that which is lost in so much as it can be redeemed but only by God alone in The Son... The eternal state reflects an undauntable God in His purpose in creation by sovereign design!

As this fallen and cursed world exists now as kill or be killed and the natural flow to be self-centered in all considerations ... God intervenes in His Grace toward man and instills in the world 'the fear of man' to all creatures... most have probably seen the birds by Alfred Hitchcock and to imagine when the fear is removed as dominant and kill or be killed take it's place. It is a grace indeed ...

Gen 9:3-5

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
KJV

When God addressed His creation moments with 'and God saw that it was good' we see the legislation of this good here. Also, the heart of God in righteousness and justice that He alone holds... At the very top is 'the image' now fallen and changed yet even in the shadows of what once was- God holds it's place in consideration...

Gen 9:6

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
KJV

• 4 weeks later...

Gen 9:7
7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

KJV
The Lord's words fulfilled at every nuance ... population today...

Gen 9:7-19

7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,

9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.

19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
KJV

God didn't say anything about fire... Sodom

Gen 9:20-29

20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.

29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.
KJV
There are many suggestions about all this ... however Scripturally this:
The only action mentioned was "saw the nakedness of his father" as the action of the brothers were displayed and proper... There exists a moral gate one side the desires not to see the nakedness of any -except the husband or wife... the other side, the immoral side does... it is that simple and to be stationed upon God's Word this and this alone can be deduced!

Gen 10

10 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah,
12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city.
13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.
15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.
21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.
26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazar-maveth, and Jerah,
27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

KJV
God said be fruitful and multiply... God cares for the individual and family...
Taking note here:
Gen 10:25
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

KJV
and to here
Gen 10:32
32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

To rightly divide God's Word here we must understand that chapter 11 begins with how God divided the nations by language: (Beginning at the time of Peleg...)

Gen 11:1-9

11 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
KJV
As we see here 'the scattering' was important to God- so as God made it happen... Here we see God overriding the freewill of men and inserting His power to causal intent scattered them! Here we see sovereignty and free will in congruence... men chose disobedience, but God's sovereign intent supersedes man's freewill desires and thus the two existing after the fall in the Garden... This very happenstance does not allow for the Calvinistic bent in theology!

• 1 month later...

Gen 11:9-30

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:

11 And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

12 And Arphaxad lived five and thirty years, and begat Salah:

13 And Arphaxad lived after he begat Salah four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.

14 And Salah lived thirty years, and begat Eber:

15 And Salah lived after he begat Eber four hundred and three years, and begat sons and daughters.

16 And Eber lived four and thirty years, and begat Peleg:

17 And Eber lived after he begat Peleg four hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters.

18 And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:

19 And Peleg lived after he begat Reu two hundred and nine years, and begat sons and daughters.

20 And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:

21 And Reu lived after he begat Serug two hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters.

22 And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:

23 And Serug lived after he begat Nahor two hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.

24 And Nahor lived nine and twenty years, and begat Terah:

25 And Nahor lived after he begat Terah an hundred and nineteen years, and begat sons and daughters.

26 And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

27 Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.

28 And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.

29 And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.

30 But Sarai was barren; she had no child.
KJV
The reason is one of the deepest understandings of Scripture... As God is going to teach us what faith in Him is like...

• 2 months later...

Gen 11:31-32

31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
KJV
There are some difficulties here as to whether Terak lived another 60 years after Abram's departure or upon death Abram left Acts 7:4... as to answers none are found at this time only mathematical calculations presupposed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

It's interesting that Psalm 119 contains sections, all of which have the word 'word' or 'statutes' or 'law', similarly understood, I reckon.

It's easy of course to go for the legalism but miss Christ - the living and eternal Word Himself and the central theme of Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

On 12/5/2023 at 8:13 AM, farouk said:

It's interesting that Psalm 119 contains sections, all of which have the word 'word' or 'statutes' or 'law', similarly understood, I reckon.

It's easy of course to go for the legalism but miss Christ - the living and eternal Word Himself and the central theme of Scripture.

Yes ... and you can strip the first creation both of heaven and earth entering into the new heaven and new earth without loosing anything... for the things of God will not pass away...

Whether this is the continuation of the call or second call of God is an undecided scholastic debate... 
Gen 12:1-6

12 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Having received command by God do this above thus the promise below if obeyed...

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

at the onset as all through Biblical narrative volitional free will is indicated by command and then blessing if obeyed... a motivational reasoning that just doesn't fit with monergism! Point intact why offer blessing to that which is without choice?

4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
KJV
This was the begin of kingdom life concept for the elective and predestined call of faith whereby God would establish His Word in a fallen world... His, Abram's, title 'The father of our faith' Rom 4

• 1 month later...

Gen 12:7-8

7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.
KJV

Unto thy seed will I give this land:

Interesting that Abraham was not promised this land but His seed... I think this a significant thing God reveals to us through His Word! The relationship God wanted with Abraham is an encouragement to us all... God wanted for Abraham the NT covenant of His Own blood... because Abrahams heart is revealed in that NT covenant:
Hebrews 11:10 (KJV)
[10] For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God

Why did God choose Abraham? | GotQuestions.org

Before Abram’s name was changed to Abraham, God called him from his home in Ur of the Chaldees, an area steeped in idolatry. Abram had no knowledge of the true God or His plans to choose a special people for Himself, nor did he know that the Savior of the world would be among his offspring. Genesis 12:1–2 says, “Now the LORD said to Abram, ‘Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’” In these verses, we see God’s reasons for choosing Abraham.

It is actually here where God reveals His elective process- the process being of God -through Abram- the entire world would be blessed... The start of it would begin in a pagan gentile, whom did not know God in specifics, until God revealed Himself to Abram with specifics (God's Word)... Because we have the finished Word, NT, from God this: 

Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This thought: God appears, speaks to, reveals Himself BUT the mechanics of are not spelled out... which leads us to one valid reality- it does not matter! Flesh would scream it does to; the s/Spirit adjusts to the eternal matters... By this realization of flesh vs spirit... we must go to the fulness of understanding given us by The Scripture:

2 Peter 3:11 (KJV)

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)

[17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Jude 23 (KJV)

[23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Why why why because absolutely everything within our sensual means has been placed, in importance, before God Who has created such to draw us to Him SPIRITUALLY! Idolatry... as it was the begin in Lucifer's fall:

Ezekiel 28:16 (KJV)

[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

[17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

My opinion~ the most important division The Word of God brings about... is to separate the created element as anything other than the Glory of God in His Revelations of Spiritual Persons 'God'... Our Lord has always been about that which is being kept not that which is passing away. For Abraham looking for a city built with God's own hands has it's fulfillment in the eternal state... Perhaps why He is considered the father of our faith...

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

[11:1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

• Praise God! 1