• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This study is to reveal the place God's Word is to be in one's heart:
Beginning in Genesis:
Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

and again

John 1:1-3 (KJV)

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[2] The same was in the beginning with God.

[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

God sets the stage so that all may know that God is

Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The important 1st build upon the foundation of God's Word is to accept what God says above all else ... case in point- many will say there is no God >BUT< what has God said?  This is where the rubber meets the road and we should immediately recognize the attack and the nature of it... The created thing which is existing by The Very Word it exists by says- 'there is no God' yet God says 'They are without excuse'...  We, the ones trying to place God's Word as reason of all else, are left with the first test... Do we give into the lie and believe they believe there is no God or do we believe God Who has said of them= 'just being brought into existence in my creation they have known I AM'...  or better if God is not going to give them an excuse, should we? Let's say you realize a lie but give it a place like this- in your own mind you say they really don't believe there is a God... have you delt with it properly? The answer is you have went upon your own intellect and have given place to lie... whereas you could have stationed yourself upon the foundation of God and say- they may be filled with lie now but God will take them to the place, hidden now within themselves by lies, where they realized God was by what He has made ...  this is enough for us to begin discussion I think... as we will progress further after this point has been chewed a bit by us all...

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1Cor. 1:18 (NKJVS)   For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:  “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,  And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

1Cor. 1:20 (NKJVS)   Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Paul does a bang up job of showing here where all of scriptures led to---Christ and the work of the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension. Utter foolishness to the world, but the power of God for Salvation.

Yes--the 'message' of the Cross.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100

let me say this to everyone our doctrine should reflect the Scripture... if it doesn't, we should be willing to do what it takes to make it so... for it is only the souls of people and His Word that continues from here ... makes it kind of easy to place ones priorities on investing oneself :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's continue the build of God's Word:
Now that we have overcome the idea that one can actually believe there is no God and as such has no place within Scripture... let's move on to the production of faith by said Word...  'In the beginning' here we have an attack against His Word called the gap theory where it is stated this is not the beginning but there was one prior to this. Simple refute= if there was a pre-existing begin then this 'In (T)he Beginning' would be a grammatical fallacy because you cannot have a written begin (The Scriptures starting), with ('In (T)he Beginning') and there be others prior! This conclusion is supported by this

Genesis 2:1-4 (KJV)

[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

[2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

This seals the deal of anything in 'The Creation' having any prior time verse 4... plus the gap theorist claim judgment and sin and destruction thus they must also claim that sin and judgment is sanctified by God and 'blessed', and this could never be...  thus we have kept the faith past this that came against the Word of The Lord ...  now why faith is produced in the life of one who takes in Scripture-> faith the only thing that can please God
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This faith is installed in the very begin of God's Creation, before sin was brought about by Lucifers heart! For all God made He prepared the place and environment then made the creature for it to dwell within... Man, God's image bearer, was made last and God's Word to him was this

Genesis 1:28 (KJV)

[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God gave Adam His creative work which He had prepared before hand and Adam had no sensual verification as to it's source other than God's Word to him that He, God, had made it... thus faith was God's Word telling of things that man had not experienced through his sensual abilities but Through Word and that process has not be changed even in the fall

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now God's Word is clear about the time frame of creation as six, literal, 24 hour day periods this is substantiated by God here

Genesis 1:5 (KJV)

[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:8 (KJV)

[8] And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:13 (KJV)

[13] And the evening and the morning were the third day.

etc. 

This is further substantiated by Exodus
Exodus 20:9 (KJV)

[9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

[10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

[11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

This is what is called a literary comparative... where their six days was to be work and the seventh a sabbath unto God... just like God's creation work! So if you wish to honor God's Word you will allow it to lead you into all truth...

• Thumbs Up 1

Next is to address what Scripture teaches us about the purity of His Creative Word. Scripture teaches us after six literal 24 hour period of days God said this
Genesis 1:31 (KJV)

[31] And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 2:1-4 (KJV)

[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

[2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

We know by this absolutely all that was made by God from 'The Beginning', both in heaven and earth~ 'All that God created and made' were sanctified by God... This affirms that no sin existed at this time... we also know the angels existed by 4th day as it is written

Job 38:7 (KJV)

[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So Lucifer had not fallen yet -at the time of sanctification of created things... also born witness by God

Ezekiel 28:15 (KJV)

[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

As this moves us into chapter 2 of Gen and we find the reiteration of Creation with a new reality -evil / lie now exists...

Genesis 2:16 (KJV)

[16] And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There is now prohibition in the garden of God- the knowledge of satan through his rebellion called lie / evil....

• Thumbs Up 1

The Bible gives us the origin of sin 
Ezekiel 28:15 (KJV)

[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Iniquity was found within Lucifer, and it was brought about by this
Ezekiel 28:16 (KJV)

[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

God to that which has been begun by Him, that which has beginning, communicates His awesome Persons through His creative means to said beings... for man corporeal 
Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

For angels it was Lucifer as his abilities given Him by God (By the multitude of thy merchandise) = His God given abilities as covering cherub allowed in the midst of stones of fire...
Ezekiel 28:14 (KJV)

[14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

we also know Lucifer had musical abilities (tabrets and of thy pipes) and was something to behold
Ezekiel 28:13 (KJV)

[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Literally He was the apex of beauty
Ezekiel 28:17 (KJV)

[17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Remembering however angels dwell in the spirit realm: a good treatise on the subject- What does Satan look like? What do demons look like? | GotQuestions.org
So there are probably some disconnects on mans thoughts to beauty and angelic spirit realities...

So what we have been given by the Scripture is that Lucifer was given much merchandise as to spiritual beauty, position of importance, purpose, at the very heart where God received the glory due Him through what He had made... as the angels came into the specific presence where this glory was revealed, and celebrated Lucifer was near God The Center in all this....

Now no theologian can answer the motivation to take one's eyes off this apex of worship due to God by the things He had made and place one's eye upon the means by which this apex of glory was heightened... but Lucifer did and God describes the event as thus ( Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: ) ... corrupted wisdom and it is stated as
Isaiah 14:13 (KJV)

[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

[14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Thus using this corrupted wisdom, He went about selling the lie He was god
Ezekiel 28:18 (KJV)

[18] Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Satan now the enemy of God sometime after creation week and the exist of knowledge of good and evil...  brings us to the iniquity of traffick brought to man.

• Thumbs Up 1

We are now in Genesis where the disruption of satan has brought into God's creation 'LIE'... to understand God's wonderful light of truth God places a tree in the midst of the garden that contains the knowledge of God and truth (good)
Matthew 19:17 (KJV)

[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

and the knowledge of satan's rebellious heart through lie (evil)
John 8:44 (KJV)

[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The reason for no truth remaining in him, (satan), is due to his complete rebellion to God because it is known
John 14:6 (KJV)

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So in Chapter 2 of God's reiteration of His sanctified creation we now have evil (the knowledge of) and a warning that to gain this knowledge through eating of tree's fruit is to die to the s/Spiritual connection with God...
Genesis 2:17 (KJV)

[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

It is important that we understand the importance of the reiteration of creation as God explains the importance of the woman
Genesis 2:18 (KJV)

[18] And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

This is easy to understand- God in Spirit consisting of the Personhood of Father, Son and Holy Spirit has existed in this plurality of Persons without end now His image was without this thus God points this out to Adam
Genesis 2:19 (KJV)

[19] And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. [20] And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

So in seeing, feeling, experiencing this lack God has shown Adam his need
Genesis 2:21 (KJV)

[21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; [22] And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. [23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. [24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

It is important here to note that the woman was formed from out of the man and no mention of God breathing into the woman to become a living soul... this could be the issue with women not taking of the pastoral leadership within the church and God gives the reason for this distinction clearly
1 Corinthians 11:7 (KJV)

[7] For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. [8] For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. [9] Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

What does the Bible say about women pastors? | GotQuestions.org

What this sets up for us is to understand the worth of woman to Adam 
Genesis 2:23 (KJV)

[23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. [24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. [25] And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, Steve :) I am Bill . . . God bless you . . . 

I think of Isaiah 55:11 > 

"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

. .It shall not return to Me void,

. .But it shall accomplish what I please,

. .And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Isaiah 55:11)

To me this is an unconditional guarantee that God's word will do all which God Himself means by His word. So, by the way, then > George in another thread is talking about how we should have unity in Jesus. Well, God guarantees how His word shall do all He means, so better than we humans can understand and then get divided. Ones can get mixed up about what to believe about God's message; well, His word is not only things to believe, but His word does what God means. And this . . . not only our agreeing on explanations . . . is how we become unified.

It is like how Jesus spoke His word to the stormy sea, and the sea and air became calm. Whatever God's word says, trust God to do with us what His word means to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

Hi, Steve :) I am Bill . . . God bless you . . . 

I think of Isaiah 55:11 > 

"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

. .It shall not return to Me void,

. .But it shall accomplish what I please,

. .And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Isaiah 55:11)

To me this is an unconditional guarantee that God's word will do all which God Himself means by His word. So, by the way, then > George in another thread is talking about how we should have unity in Jesus. Well, God guarantees how His word shall do all He means, so better than we humans can understand and then get divided. Ones can get mixed up about what to believe about God's message; well, His word is not only things to believe, but His word does what God means. And this . . . not only our agreeing on explanations . . . is how we become unified.

It is like how Jesus spoke His word to the stormy sea, and the sea and air became calm. Whatever God's word says, trust God to do with us what His word means to Him.

Hi Bill pleased to meet ya! Yes God's Word is an objective resource and God holds us accountable in how we approach this objective resource
John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

There are places where it becomes extremely difficult to reason the whole council of God with some passages... as I prepare to answer for myself according to the verse above I wait upon God in His objective resource to further my understanding of His precious Word that directs my life... no one who waits upon God will be ashamed when God examines the heart with what we have done with His Word... I believe a proper hermeneutic is key to the rightly dividing of His Word... God's Blessing upon your pursuit of knowing Him through His Word...