• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Samuel 28: 7 Then said Saul to his servants, Seek me a woman that has a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that has a familiar spirit at Endor.

8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray you, divine to me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name to you.

9 And the woman said to him, Behold, you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: why then lay you a snare for my life, to cause me to die?

10 And Saul swore to her by the LORD, saying, As the LORD lives, there shall no punishment happen to you for this thing.

11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up to you? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spoke to Saul, saying, Why have you deceived me? for you are Saul.

I get the idea that this was really Samuel. However in another thread the general consensus seems to be that any apparitions are either angels or demons. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The woman was surprised to see Samuel because she was a fake, just like all witches are fake. She was expecting one of her devils to peep in her ear when The Lord God brought Samuel back from paradise which was, at that time, located within the earth. Those were known, I believe, as the "first fruits" of salvation. or those that died before Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

Guest shiloh357

Yeah it does seem like she was shocked doesn't it? If you notice in the account, it does not actually say that she conjured Samuel up. She did not expect him. It may have been Samuel on the grounds that God would not have talked to Saul or sent anyone to talk to Saul through a medium that was strictly forbidden in the Torah. God does not contradict Himself. It may have been that God sent Samuel before the withc had a chance to exercize her evil craft. So that would explain her being taken off guard and surprised.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I believe it was Samuel. And Samuel's response cracks me up. It's like "I was having a great time...why did you bring me back?!" (Tess paraphrase there). Yeah...I'd be pretty grumpy too if I left this world and someone summoned me back..ha.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

I would only add that witches are NOT fake. They are in fact quite real and are "possessed" by the enemy. Such is the case here:

Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

The demons which possessed the Witch of Endor and the "damsel" above MUST submit to the TRUE SPIRIT OF GOD, as seen by the several times they encountered Jesus in the gospels. In contrast we see some people who believe they are His, but are really not:

Acts 19:13-16 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

So it was Samuel?

oh, I see.

Someonesaid that the Witch did not conjure up Samuel.....

I thought she did!!!! ;)

She didn't , that was why she was surprised, but it seems the L-RD brought him back just to speak to Saul and tell him that he would be joining him soon because he did not take his cousel that the L-Rd gave him through him ( Samuel).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

I believe it was Sammuel. That is why the witch was surprised. She knew that her "conjours" were either faked or demons. She knew this wasn't either one, that is why she "cried out at the top of her voice....." 1 Sam 28:12

Blessings, kamusat