• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I'm curious as to how we are to know which ones speak the truth and which ones are deception?
It's called discernment :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done!

If we have a close, personal relationship with Jesus and spend time in His presence and His word daily, we won't have to wonder what is truth and what is deception.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Are you saying that believers can't be decieved?

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not at all. But if a believer is walking closely with Jesus, is familiar with His presence, knows the Word and leans on Him, they will have discernment when they need it. If they are still unsure, they can pray and receive an answer because they know His voice. I believe it's in how intimate a believer's relationship is with Him that makes the difference.

I hope my response didn't come across as making light of your question, Giaour. It's actually a very good question! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

When one is in the will of God, one has peace within even if there is chaos all around. As for knowing if/when God has spoken instead of just our own imagination or the result of bad pizza... again, there is peace within. I like what Leonard said... "you know in your knower". Some of it is obvious. For instance, if a voice or in a dream, 'God' tells me where to find secret stones in my back yard that will give me special information, new revelations about Him ... is this really from God? Not likely. Yes, staying in the word, in prayer, in praise and worship, and in fellowship with other believers, and keeping close to the Lord Jesus will keep us from making mistakes and from being deceived or deceiveing ourselves.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

I'm curious as to how we are to know which ones speak the truth and which ones are deception?

Which ones come from God and which ones from satan?.

Giaour - We are to keep steeped in the WORD. The WORD is our only source of truth. I believe that God speaks to us through His Word. Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Test everything, hold on to the good" Study, Study, Study!!!

I want to commend you for even asking this question. It shows that you are seeking the truth, the truth from God, not from man.

I, myself am skeptical when someone says "God told me..." By knowing the Word, you can discern what is true.

Okay, but when the disagree, do you get angry?

Because I have been the receiver of some hostile replies when I disagreed with them

No, I do not get angry. In fact, if someone cannot discuss and debate something in a mature, calm and responsible way, that in itself, is your answer. I have found that people who get angry when you disagree with them are "on milk", as Paul would say. Yes, I do want to get angry sometimes, but anger is NOT one of the fruits of the Spirit, (Galations 5:22), so you know this anger is not from God.

I hope this helps. God bless you for seeking discernment.

Blessings, kamusat

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not at all. But if a believer is walking closely with Jesus, is familiar with His presence, knows the Word and leans on Him, they will have discernment when they need it. If they are still unsure, they can pray and receive an answer because they know His voice. I believe it's in how intimate a believer's relationship is with Him that makes the difference.

I hope my response didn't come across as making light of your question, Giaour. It's actually a very good question! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mornin' Keith,

While I agree to a point, I would venture to say that all Christians, even though walking closely with the Lord, will still not have the same reaction to someone else's "word from God".

If a poster here tells of a "dream in which they rec'd a word from God", half will believe it to be true, and half will think "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?" .

When you read words on a screen it is worlds away from getting a word yourself, or even speaking to someone face to face. If we think we are infallible in our discernment, we kid ourselves.

(I'm saying this to all of us, not only to you, Keith)

Let's not give Giaour the impression that all of us can tell the difference, beyond the shadow of a doubt, except her.

That would not be a very loving............or honest..........response.

Peace,

Fiosh

Thank you Fiosh, ya kinda read my mind.

Kamu,

No, I do not get angry. In fact, if someone cannot discuss and debate something in a mature, calm and responsible way, that in itself, is your answer. I have found that people who get angry when you disagree with them are "on milk", as Paul would say. Yes, I do want to get angry sometimes, but anger is NOT one of the fruits of the Spirit, (Galations 5:22), so you know this anger is not from God.

Good point!

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

It's called discernment :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And how?

Doest thou do that? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Here's a great article on the subject.