yomotalking

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. My favorite gatherings are home-fellowships. Much more intimate. Although, the Church we go to is "one of those big ones." :emot-highfive:

Bigger churches usually offer more opportunities for involvement and growth, too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I agree. My favorite gatherings are home-fellowships. Much more intimate. Although, the Church we go to is "one of those big ones." :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

I prefer smaller churches. I am just more comfortable with the closeness, and with knowing everyone. And I like to feel like I'm an important part of the church community.

When I wen to a larger church it didn't matter if I didn't show up for a few weeks. Nobody would even notice my absence. I guess I need the encouragement of knowing that if I don't go to church snacks won't be served, or at least people will call and ask me if I am ok.

I will say that I think larger churches who do home groups and small classes are a lot better than larger churches where people can get lost easily.

I guess I am just biased. I go to church for social reasons. I figure I can sit home and watch a sermon, I can sing along to my music here, I can read my own Bible. What I go to church for is to have the Christian fellowship. I never feel like I get that in larger churches.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I like churches that are on fire and passionate about Christ. I don't care how many services or what facilities they offer or how prestigious they are or how many or how few people go.... those do not really matter. I like a church  that is Christ focused, eager to live out its purpose for him, eager to be salt and light, eager to love as Christ loves and as Christ commanded us to love.

I'd really love to be part of a store front church that purposes itself to outreach... that's be awesome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the same! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I've only been a part of a small church so I can't really compare from experience. Sometimes it feels like a lot of responsibility on a few people in a small church. If people leave, you feel it.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to go "get lost" in some big church. No pressure. Just enjoying the services. I know, sounds like I've got a spiritual problem when I say that.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/05/1983

I'm attending a small church right now, and it's the first small church I've ever been a part of. It's not the small churches most seem to think of when I mention the size and the richness of community there... It's a new church (6 years old) and we meet in "the Living Room" which is a big open space in an office building basement. We eat a community meal together at 5pm Sunday and then worship and listen to a message at 6pm. Last night we had a special interactive service with dance and paint and communion and the pastor acting as DJ.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I like being a part of a church that is bringing glory to God by being obedient to His word. The number of people who are attending at any given time is irrelevant as long as they are doing what they are supposed to do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. What I'm looking for in a church is irrelevant. I have my preferences, don't get me wrong, but I no longer belong to myself. My desires have been laid down at His feet, surrendered. I want for His desires to be my desires. I want to go to the church that God has in mind for me to attend. No matter what it offers or doesn't offer, big or small.

I believe too many people try to find a church that makes them comfortable, which is understandable! (Not to say that a church should make a person uncomfortable.) I'm just saying that wherever the Holy Spirit leads me is where I want to go. :rolleyes:

That God be obeyed, reverenced, praised, glorified, served and honored in spirit and in truth is what matters the most. It happens in large and small churches where people are seeking Him diligently.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I like being a part of a church that is bringing glory to God by being obedient to His word. The number of people who are attending at any given time is irrelevant as long as they are doing what they are supposed to do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. What I'm looking for in a church is irrelevant. I have my preferences, don't get me wrong, but I no longer belong to myself. My desires have been laid down at His feet, surrendered. I want for His desires to be my desires. I want to go to the church that God has in mind for me to attend. No matter what it offers or doesn't offer, big or small.

I believe too many people try to find a church that makes them comfortable, which is understandable! (Not to say that a church should make a person uncomfortable.) I'm just saying that wherever the Holy Spirit leads me is where I want to go. :rolleyes:

That God be obeyed, reverenced, praised, glorified, served and honored in spirit and in truth is what matters the most. It happens in large and small churches where people are seeking Him diligently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys took the words out of my mouth. :crazy:

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Sometimes I think it would be nice to go "get lost" in some big church.  No pressure.  Just enjoying the services.  I know, sounds like I've got a spiritual problem when I say that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, most people would like that. :whistling: