• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, JED said:

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on here for a long time but here goes.

I've been a Christian for maybe 20 years. Married quite young and have 2 children.  Last year unfortunately we separated and divorced. We are both Christians.

I never thought for one second that we would ever not be together, but it seems that we grew apart over the years.  I wanted to keep the marriage together but she said it was not an option and that we would be better separating.  100% no infidelity involved.

The children are great and we are both getting along pretty well most of the time which makes things easier.

Since then I've not attended church very much as this has really affected me.  I'm really unsure about the Christian faith in general now and even wondering if God is even there?  I haven't missed not going to church at all and must admit that I have ventured into some things that as a Christian I shouldn't do.........but life is never black and white and I'm almost at the point in thinking well let's just do what I enjoy as long as no one gets hurt.

I'm a long way from where a Christian should be but trying to wrestle with this all.  I would still say that I live my life in a good way and most people would still say I'm a Christian.

Not sure what anyone can say in this situation really but I would really like some words of wisdom.

When the Lord said it was a battle of flesh and Spirit ... He was not kidding! It sounds like you were never born again in s/Spirit or you never grew in Spirit and have been overcome by flesh and this world which is under Satan's rule...   Can you say there is no God without any doubt?  If you can deny the existence of God then you are running on first born realities of darkness and lies- an overwhelming witness of this place...

John 3:19 (KJV)

[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

When the Lord said it was a battle of flesh and Spirit ... He was not kidding! It sounds like you were never born again in s/Spirit or you never grew in Spirit and have been overcome by flesh and this world which is under Satan's rule...   Can you say there is no God without any doubt?  If you can deny the existence of God then you are running on first born realities of darkness and lies- an overwhelming witness of this place...

John 3:19 (KJV)

[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

I cant say for certain as I'm really unsure now.

I don't believe the bible is the infallible word of God so the problem then is which parts should I believe? Slippery slope.

I don't believe the world is controlled by the devil either.

I think most people are good.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

2 hours ago, JED said:

Im not sure why I'm qouted 3 post earlier but I did not say that- it seems like it's JEDs reply to me,maybe just didn't use the quote function correctly???

In any event,not my words just to be clear to the readers ❤️

Blessings

2 hours ago, JED said:

Okay,now I see what happened @JED. That is YOUR reply to me---- if I was not on my phone I could copy/paste to put our chatting in order but I'm sure you know what we were talking about,lol And now I see the order too....So,

I get it my Friend,I really do & what I really really like & appreciate is your honestly & transparency- many a person goes through exactly what you've been going through (& yes,it's a slow& long process of drifting away- so much so that you might say" how did I get here in such unbelief,what happened?" But as I was saying,you're truthful,saying what you feel

That's when we are in trouble,I have to say,when we are being lead by our " feelings" we are adrift.The good thing,imo,is you are not quite ready to pack it in & give up HOPE- if you were hopeless you wouldn't be here pouring your heart out

Yes,you really touch my heart( the Eyes of my heart) - I see a man hanging on to perhaps the memories of Love,Peace,Joy or who is simply being Drawn by our Lord.... If you are indeed HIS He Does not hang you out to dry,He Draws you near

It begins by distractions,veering away distracted by the cares of this world & if we are not careful to guard our hearts,wear the Helmut of Salvation & put to USE the Full Armor of God it can happen to any one of us We make little choices to spend our time on ourselves at first instead of when we were excited about the Lord and we're hungry for the spiritual things,things above ,the Joy of Salvation.... And believe me being in a marriage can be distracting if God is not the Center of it and both are outside of that Triunity...  

The thing now,right now is- do you want to go your merry way or TRY.... Oh certainly people can seem very content without God in their lives and be " good people" ,enjoy themselves and appear to not have a care in the WORLD- they can choose to "not even believe there is a GOD" & that's totally not the truth,they are just turning their backs willfully,rebelling against Him- it might even work out well financially,physically & mentally but definitely that's not the whole of us- we are also spirit.... Even choosing to ignore the spiritual might seem okay but what about after,when all that physical,emotional & mental part rots away in the ground & you awaken unto death?????

I'm not trying " scared straight" here,I'm talking reality and I don't know about you but what if I'm spot on? If not,no big deal but if I am I would not want to be in the shoes of anyone who said " I don't want your Grace,I don't want Jesus,keep your Gift God".....

I'm willing to bet that there is something inside you that just groans, grumbles & does not sit right when you consider turning your back completely,is that so?

You said " Maybe I never was in Relationship with God in Christ"....well,maybe not & maybe yes but it was not nurtured.... That's begs my original question,were you Born Again!And you honestly don't know,I can believe it & some may say" If you are you'd know it" .I don't agree,any relationship will stagnate if one party never calls,never writes,never visits...... Like a father & son but guess what,he's still your father & your still his Son- unless he did not give you life & you don't have his blood

Is this encouraging to you at all? Can you see that it's all okay because there is still breath in your lungs & you are above the ground.... Not to sound cliche but at the foot of the cross you begin the first day of your life( Eternal Life)

With love in Christ,Kwik

Also ...

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.Im not talking about staring at a pulpit bored to tears,I'm not talking about reading the Bible as if it's a" book"- I'm talking about Jesus,the Living Word....I said it before,please TRY to open your heart ,& ask He Reveal Himself to you and then seek Him in the Scriptures,in the living room,here,in the shower.... He Will Reveal Himself to you if you have a sincere,willing,repentant heart ..and life will never be the same ❤️

28 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings

Okay,now I see what happened @JED. That is YOUR reply to me---- if I was not on my phone I could copy/paste to put our chatting in order but I'm sure you know what we were talking about,lol And now I see the order too....So,

I get it my Friend,I really do & what I really really like & appreciate is your honestly & transparency- many a person goes through exactly what you've been going through (& yes,it's a slow& long process of drifting away- so much so that you might say" how did I get here in such unbelief,what happened?" But as I was saying,you're truthful,saying what you feel

That's when we are in trouble,I have to say,when we are being lead by our " feelings" we are adrift.The good thing,imo,is you are not quite ready to pack it in & give up HOPE- if you were hopeless you wouldn't be here pouring your heart out

Yes,you really touch my heart( the Eyes of my heart) - I see a man hanging on to perhaps the memories of Love,Peace,Joy or who is simply being Drawn by our Lord.... If you are indeed HIS He Does not hang you out to dry,He Draws you near

It begins by distractions,veering away distracted by the cares of this world & if we are not careful to guard our hearts,wear the Helmut of Salvation & put to USE the Full Armor of God it can happen to any one of us We make little choices to spend our time on ourselves at first instead of when we were excited about the Lord and we're hungry for the spiritual things,things above ,the Joy of Salvation.... And believe me being in a marriage can be distracting if God is not the Center of it and both are outside of that Triunity...  

The thing now,right now is- do you want to go your merry way or TRY.... Oh certainly people can seem very content without God in their lives and be " good people" ,enjoy themselves and appear to not have a care in the WORLD- they can choose to "not even believe there is a GOD" & that's totally not the truth,they are just turning their backs willfully,rebelling against Him- it might even work out well financially,physically & mentally but definitely that's not the whole of us- we are also spirit.... Even choosing to ignore the spiritual might seem okay but what about after,when all that physical,emotional & mental part rots away in the ground & you awaken unto death?????

I'm not trying " scared straight" here,I'm talking reality and I don't know about you but what if I'm spot on? If not,no big deal but if I am I would not want to be in the shoes of anyone who said " I don't want your Grace,I don't want Jesus,keep your Gift God".....

I'm willing to bet that there is something inside you that just groans, grumbles & does not sit right when you consider turning your back completely,is that so?

You said " Maybe I never was in Relationship with God in Christ"....well,maybe not & maybe yes but it was not nurtured.... That's begs my original question,were you Born Again!And you honestly don't know,I can believe it & some may say" If you are you'd know it" .I don't agree,any relationship will stagnate if one party never calls,never writes,never visits...... Like a father & son but guess what,he's still your father & your still his Son- unless he did not give you life & you don't have his blood

Is this encouraging to you at all? Can you see that it's all okay because there is still breath in your lungs & you are above the ground.... Not to sound cliche but at the foot of the cross you begin the first day of your life( Eternal Life)

With love in Christ,Kwik

Also ...

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.Im not talking about staring at a pulpit bored to tears,I'm not talking about reading the Bible as if it's a" book"- I'm talking about Jesus,the Living Word....I said it before,please TRY to open your heart ,& ask He Reveal Himself to you and then seek Him in the Scriptures,in the living room,here,in the shower.... He Will Reveal Himself to you if you have a sincere,willing,repentant heart ..and life will never be the same ❤️

Yes I messed up the quote somehow 🤔.

Some of your advice makes sense.  The scaring into heaven not so much as once you've been a Christain a long time, you get to know the evangelical spiel but I see what you are saying.

There are so many intellectual problems with the bible and faith which are hard to reconcile.

I don't want to give up on it all but I'm also quite happy in other ways but I can't have them both in reality.

Hmm........

Edited by JED
Typos

36 minutes ago, JED said:

Yes I messed up the quote somehow 🤔.

Some of your advice makes sense.  The scaring into heaven not so much as once you've been a Christain a long time, you get to know the evangelical spiel but I see what you are saying.

There are so many intellectual problems with the bible and faith which are hard to reconcile.

I don't want to give up on it all but I'm also quite happy in other ways but I can't have them both in reality.

Hmm........

Hi again!!!

Yes yes,that's right - can't have it both ways!

Again, love your being so candid - I like real talk,after all this is real life.

No,I'm not one for the fire & brimstone approach-you can't scare someone into Salvation,lol,just doesn't work that way and personally I think you push people away that way... Kinda like a bull in a china shop,right? Now even though it's God's Truth that is Condemnation- There is no condemnation in Christ,we speak in love & pray Conviction - those softened hearts Receive

So,since one of the things you have found troubling is that you've found things in the Bible and with "Faith" to be difficult to reconcile intellectually,right? I'm not going to pull the " Christianese" & say" Lean not on your own understanding..  " .What I will say is" Let's talk about what you cannot reconcile" Let's discuss where you believe the Word of God is inconsistent or Inerrant... How's that sound,I promise I won't throw Scriptures at you without conversation.

Does that sound okay to you? I mean if you are doubting God's Word is indeed His Word then it would be a good idea to find out why,what has lead you to doubt the authenticity of the Bible.Its a start

In His Love,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
typos

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi again!!!

Yes yes,that's right - can't have it both ways!

Again, love your being so candid - I like real talk,after all this is real life.

No,I'm not one for the fire & brimstone approach-you can't scare someone into Salvation,lol,just doesn't work that way and personally I think you push people away that way... Kinda like a bull in a china shop,right? Now even though it's God's Truth that is Condemnation- There is no condemnation in Christ,we speak in love & pray Conviction - those softened hearts Receive

So,since one of the things you have found troubling is that you've found things in the Bible and with "Faith" to be difficult to reconcile intellectually,right? I'm not going to pull the " Christianese" & say" Lean not on your own understanding..  " .What I will say is" Let's talk about what you cannot reconcile" Let's discuss where you believe the Word of God is inconsistent or Inerrant... How's that sound,I promise I won't throw Scriptures at you without conversation.

Does that sound okay to you? I mean if you are doubting God's Word is indeed His Word then it would be a good idea to find out why,what has lead you to doubt the authenticity of the Bible.Its a start

In His Love,Kwik

Ok that sounds good.

Genesis- no way are stars, sun, moon etc 6000 years old.  They are billions of years old. So genesis is factually flawed.

Adam and eve being created by God from the dust....what about neanderthals? 

Noah- are you really telling me that a chap built an arc and collected 2 of every kind of animal? Think about this logically... a polar bear from Antarctica and lion from Africa etc....it makes no sense.

Jonah being swallowed by a fish and surviving. I mean seems crazy.

Thats just a few.

Don't mean to sound flippant btw.

• Followers:  35

2 hours ago, JED said:

I cant say for certain as I'm really unsure now.

JED one of the greatest deceptions of the ruler of this world, which is satan, uses against mankind is causing people to look for God in places where God says he won't be found... Looking to one's intellect, other's intellect, experiential means, everywhere BUT the one place God, Himself says He can be found- His Word, the Scripture: (these Scriptures are vital to understand our communication)

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 17:17
“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

1 Peter 1:23
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Peter 3:16
As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Isaiah 55:11
“So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:35
“If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken.”

John 12:48
“The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 15:3
“Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.”

John 15:7
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

John 16:13
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”

John 6:63
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

John 7:38
“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

John 8:47
“Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 24:35
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:160
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

2 hours ago, JED said:

I don't believe the bible is the infallible word of God so the problem then is which parts should I believe? Slippery slope.

So you believe God is not big or powerful enough to communicate to us with His satisfaction?

2 hours ago, JED said:

I don't believe the world is controlled by the devil either.

God says this of him
1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)

[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html

2 hours ago, JED said:

I think most people are good.

Good for what?

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

JED one of the greatest deceptions of the ruler of this world, which is satan, uses against mankind is causing people to look for God in places where God says he won't be found... Looking to one's intellect, other's intellect, experiential means, everywhere BUT the one place God, Himself says He can be found- His Word, the Scripture: (these Scriptures are vital to understand our communication)

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 17:17
“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

1 Peter 1:23
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

2 Peter 3:16
As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 1:3
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Isaiah 55:11
“So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:35
“If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken.”

John 12:48
“The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 15:3
“Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.”

John 15:7
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

John 16:13
“When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.”

John 6:63
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

John 7:38
“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

John 8:47
“Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 24:35
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:160
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

Psalm 33:4
For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

So you believe God is not big or powerful enough to communicate to us with His satisfaction?

God says this of him
1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)

[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html

Good for what?

The problem is that if the bible is not the infallible word of God then I'm nit sure that quoting bible passages are of use? I don't mean that in a horrible way but that's one thing that troubles me. So the bible saying it's the word of God doesn't make it so.

I mean people are good in their values and the way they live their life.

• Followers:  35

13 minutes ago, JED said:

The problem is that if the bible is not the infallible word of God then I'm nit sure that quoting bible passages are of use? I don't mean that in a horrible way but that's one thing that troubles me. So the bible saying it's the word of God doesn't make it so.

I mean people are good in their values and the way they live their life.

If the only way God gives to escape this world and it's lie is Scripture

John 17:14 (KJV)

[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

then satan has effectively sealed you in a position of lostness...