• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2022 at 11:30 AM, missmuffet said:

That is the problem with "demoninations" they have their own little beliefs.

Every assembly (Church) is a denomination. Non denominationalism does not really exist.

I remember listening to the bible answer man define cult, heresy, etc.

He described it in terms that would include those whom he agreed. Except, the last requirement, which excluded his own. IMO, that is what non denominationalism does.

Edit to add: The man has since been accepted into the Orthodox Church. Since such time he has not been heard on the airways. Kuddo's to the man whom followed his own convictions to be able to change . He gave up alot.

Edited by Anne2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 10/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, Dirt Eaters said:

Have you ever noticed how Christians or maybe certain denominations of Christians pick and choose what they really want to believe. I'm a member of the Assembly of God and yet I've been a Christian for 5 months. And in reading the scriptures I keep finding things that puzzle me. Puzzle me in the sense that, why is it, when I ask questions on certain subjects that the first thing that comes out of someone's mouth is so you're a Catholic now.

It's like they have a defensive mechanism where they cannot answer the question. 

I mean if I look at the other subject that I have which is a predestination then everybody and their brother will quote scripture that has that phrase predestination in it to convince me of it.

So if we're using specific wordage that's used in the scripture why aren't we doing a few other things like calling Mary blessed. 

I mean if we believe that the scripture is Jesus's Word. Then isn't it Christ himself who is telling us through Mary from this day forward all nations will call me blessed?

There are a few other things too when you think about it. For instance one of the pastors heard me say out loud "I hope you're having a wonderful day blessed Mary."

Any rebuked me on a couple different things one was talking to the dead and the other one was calling Mary blessed.

I found his whole rebuke thing kind of odd. Because if we believe that people who die in the Lord are with the Lord, then they're not dead after all, are they?

And if you don't think Mary is in heaven then you're probably more messed up than I am. Because the whole idea of a woman who receives a message from an angel that becomes pregnant not having any time with a man. And gives birth and has all the crazy things that took place to Jesus at the birth and so on happened to you if you if you stand after all that and deny that all that experience was for real then there's something seriously wrong with that person. 

And you that cannot believe that Mary is in heaven you have a problem really. I don't need the scripture to sit there and tell me that Mary's in heaven to know that she is.

Or maybe about this do you guys believe that the apostles were baptized before they received the baptism of the spirit. I certainly do especially those that came from John the Baptist. I don't need to have the scripture sit there and tell me that they were to believe that they were. I know that they were baptized with water by John the Baptist before receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. And the baptism of the Holy Spirit was not the thing that made the apostles actually believe that Jesus was the Lord either. We can see that Peter spoke and said that he was the Messiah. 

So what I'm talking about in selective Christianity is how we you and I come to some conclusions or are taught certain conclusions that are misleading at best. And I think that pastors need to really knuckle down on some of the stuff. Come to a serious conclusion and not just complain and say well if you think that way you're a Catholic or if you think that way you're not Christian or this or that because it's in the scripture plain and simple

We say that we are Christians maybe we should start actually believing in what we say we are.

IMHO you are wise and are asking the right questions.  So as an ol' man here, I say just study your bible (you seem very intelligent and can pick up on things well) and commune with the Lord.  His Spirit will guide you into all truth. And then.. treat all these people like your brothers and sisters, perhaps chuckling at some of the things to yourself that hang them up.  But establish yourself and rest in the Lord.  It matters not what they may or may not say about certain subjects or about you or whatever. You see, God calls each and every one of us as He sees fit i.e. for the purpose we are here for in spite of our foibles.  So to judge them or again, for them to judge you is in effect saying to the Lord who HE is allowed to call and justify.  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 10/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, missmuffet said:

That is the problem with "demoninations" they have their own little beliefs. Even if they are not biblical. There is a lot of false teaching in Churches today and we see that on Worthy. Where are these people on Worthy getting all this false teaching? From their Church or reading the Word of God and giving the Words their own meaning?

People need to search their heart. Am I truly with Jesus Christ? 

But there is also a problem with doing it yourself. No guidance. 

From all i have read in the scripture, one thing is clear. God does not want us to be individuals. 

Even when God created Adam, he made a partner for him, Eve.

Then there is another fact, God is all about Family. Just in the fact of Adam being male and Eve, female. We were not created like worms, as they are both at the same time. 

We were created to have family. 

The step greater than this. God ordains the Jews to build His Temple. It is evident, God wants us to worship Him with others, and not only as individuals.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

On 10/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, missmuffet said:

That is the problem with "demoninations" they have their own little beliefs.

So, are you a one-person denomination? Or a one-person non-denomination? 

Don't you have your own little beliefs, or simply a set of beliefs?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, NCAP said:

So, are you a one-person denomination? Or a one-person non-denomination? 

Don't you have your own little beliefs, or simply a set of beliefs?

I am a fundamental born again Christian.....period. My beliefs come from God and His true literal Word. 

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am a fundamental born again Christian.....period. My beliefs come from God and His true literal Word. 

So, you are not any different from any denomination or non-denomination. You have your own little set of beliefs and beliefs about yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Dirt Eaters said:

But there is also a problem with doing it yourself. No guidance. 

From all i have read in the scripture, one thing is clear. God does not want us to be individuals. 

Even when God created Adam, he made a partner for him, Eve.

Then there is another fact, God is all about Family. Just in the fact of Adam being male and Eve, female. We were not created like worms, as they are both at the same time. 

We were created to have family. 

The step greater than this. God ordains the Jews to build His Temple. It is evident, God wants us to worship Him with others, and not only as individuals.

Then you need to find a good Church. Pray before seeking a biblical Church that God will guide and direct you.

Go on-line to the Churches in your area. Be sure the read the Church's doctrinal statement of their beliefs. Then visit the Church. You may visit several Churches before you settle with one you are most comfortable with.

This is what you need to look for:

1. What is being preached and taught? It is biblical? Is it false teaching?

2. Does the Church have a fellowship you are comfortable with?

3. We should only listen to those who are teaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ out of the Bible. 

9 minutes ago, NCAP said:

So, you are not any different from any denomination or non-denomination. You have your own little set of beliefs and beliefs about yourself.

Don't put words in my mouth. 

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But those are things that you believe about yourself. Some people in various denominations and non-denominations believe the same things about themselves that you believe about yourself.

So, I don't see you as any different from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NCAP said:

But those are things that you believe about yourself. Some people in various denominations and non-denominations believe the same things about themselves that you believe about yourself.

So, I don't see you as any different from them.

Suit yourself.