IGNORED

Where does it say we have to speak to demons?

Guest Zayit

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1953

I keep hearing about this deliverance ministry, and how we are to cast out demons after finding out their names. I can't find scriptural back-up for this.

Can anyone help?

The only time I am aware of, where a demon is cast out after uttering a name, is the time Jesus cast out the demon(s) calling themselves Legion, "for we are many" (Luke 8:30).

I hasten to add a warning about such an activity. Casting out demons, while it can be cited as a Biblical practice, it is not something to "dabble" in. This is dangerous business. Casting out demons is not a Fruit of the Spirit!

Consider these two other very important Scriptural notations on the subject of casting out demons:

First, the Book of Acts records an event where some people, without authorization or ordination, decided to take it upon themselves to cast out demons, with disastrous results! Notice:

"And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded" (Acts 19:14-16). You just don't decide one day to start casting out demons. There is indeed a powerful dark spiritual realm. We would do well to not rattle their cages, especially in a misguided attempt to prove you are "somebody." It did not work for the seven sons of Sceva. In fact, it backfired big time!

Second, Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:22-23). Casting out, or attempting to cast out devils (or demons) named or not, is NOT a proof of being a Christian. It is not a proof that the person performing these exorcisms has any kind of special anointing from God. Jesus will tell some of these people, "I never knew you. Depart from Me, ye that work iniquity"!! Very, very serious business this.

Romans623

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic