IGNORED

How to deal with non-christian religions who claim to believe in Jesus?

Khaz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

49 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

It's really case by case IMO since all people are different and will respond to different things in different ways, and these religions approach the matter from differing points of view. Plenty of Hindus might be willing to acknowledge the divinity of Christ, but to their minds He's A way and not THE Way. They'd say He exists alongside of their pantheon. Once you understand the person and their belief set you can go from there.

Blessings Cat

I agree 100percent- that though " they' have a particular doctrine they adhere to I do my best to remember that each person is an individual and Trust Holy Spirit to Give me Wisdom & Understanding....

I think praying " Discernment" as we listen is essential,a hardened heart won't ever Receive your words without Holy Spirit to soften the heart & Reveal..... It's just as important to know when to kick the dust from your shoes and go where God's Word Will be Received.

After all ,the harvest is wide,the laborers are few.

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

I sometimes come across muslims who proclaim that they also believe in Jesus. That Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

Jehovas Witnesses even say they, beside believing in Jesus, also believe in the bible even though they have their own version of the bible.

How do you deal or react to such claims made by non-christians?

First of all, don't assume they are non-Christians.  See Mark 9:38.  I realize that verse is NOT about a different doctrine, but rather about being in a certain group. But the principle applies.   Nevertheless, people over the years have strove to understand the nature of God, of man, of sin, and in general what the bible is all about.  The apostle Paul even said we know in part and prophecy in part... i.e. we all hold certain truths and are limited and perhaps that unknown exorcist in Mark 9 knew something the apostles did not know.  It all boils down to the Lord God Himself deciding who is in His Kingdom and who qualifies as a believer and not us because we have "orthodoxy".  As a matter of fact, I'd pay very close attention to so-called cults that are in the minority. (So-called cults are not stupid.  They have to well define their belief system better than mainline Christianity or else they would not survive. ) After all, Jesus called His followers a "little flock".  Being in the majority is not assurance of being correct or for that matter in the Lord's Kingdom. 

As for other religions that call Jesus a prophet or whatever, they just have an incomplete view of Jesus when He asked Peter "Who do men say I am?" vs "Who do you say I am?".  They may or may not eventually be saved, either now or in the hereafter, but look at their heart and intent.  The Lord does not judge by outward appearance, but by the heart, the bible says.  They may be wicked, or they may be one day made righteous.  Pray for them, even treat them as a brother, but don't consider their state the final state.

Edited by tim_from_pa